• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
'Starting' doesn't mean almost. Are you near the finish line if you're starting a race?

Garou's burned through 3 transformations and god knows how many amps since then without breaking it.

It seems Saitama is trying to look at the back of his head from the mirror. I don't know what the narration says but if he manages it, it should be relativistic, right?

FTL to an unknow degree If he can see himself.

If it was relativistic, light would just be blueshifed or redshifted.
He would not be able to see himself. Only way you can see "behind" you this way is in a straight line at over 99% the speed of light. But you can't see yourself still, just behind you.

The thing that makes me laugh though, is that it can make this quote from Murata's canon.
unknown.png

'Starting' doesn't mean almost. Are you near the finish line if you're starting a race?

Garou's burned through 3 transformations and god knows how many amps since then without breaking it.
Because at that stage he is a monster. Gyoro Gyoro mentions how monsters ultimately can't surpass their limits and Genus says how becoming a monster isn't breaking limiter but becoming a different being altogether.

Besides, I am pretty sure in this case Starting=Almost. None of the previous transformations had the same statement. And that example is horribly out of context.

Because, at that stage he is a monster. Gyoro Gyoro mentions how monsters ultimately can't surpass their limits and Genus says how becoming monster isn't breaking limiter but becoming a different being altogeher.
Monsters still have Limiters that she wants to break. Monsterification just accelerates the process of reaching the limits of a person's existing potential, which is the Limiter itself. The part about Monsterification not breaking their Limiter actually supports my point in context.
Besides, I am pretty sure in this case Starting=Almost. None of previous transformations had the same statement.
That really changes nothing. It just shows how far the other forms were from his limiter and that they weren't even beginning to break it.

But distance light travels is more than distance he turns around here.

I mean, we only have narration. We don't know if redshift happened. And mangas usually don't take that into account
Thing is context :
Saitama in this scene is trying to look at the back of the head in a mirror. The mirror reflects light, so you know that he can't look at the back of his head in any case he would just see his face in the reflection of the mirror.

Except if he was faster than light and his reflection were frozen during a short period of time. (Catch a glimpse of the back of his head) before he would see his face again.

Isn't that just about how Gyoro doesn't simply wish to transform individual but also also make them break through limit? Because in the same page, she mentions how they have no room for growth.
That really changes nothing. It just shows how far the other forms were from his limiter.
That's the point. He already reached his limiter. Even if he is not breaking it, he still should scale to above Saitama since Garou's limit ≥ Saitama's limit

The mirror reflects light, so you know that he can't look at the back of his head in any case he would just see his face in the reflection of the mirror.
No, relativistic speed would allow seeing back of his head from proper distance as well. He would just see his head from a few moments ago while with FTL speed he would see the same instance. He should just turn around before light reflects from the mirror and reaches his eyes in the former case

No, relativistic speed would allow seeing back of his head from proper distance as well. He would just see his head from a few moments ago while with FTL speed he would see the same instance. He should just turn around before light reflects from the mirror and reaches his eyes in the former case
Cleary you don't know how light work. '-'

Isn't that just about how Gyoro doesn't simply wish to transform individual but also also make them break through limit? Because in the same page, she mentions how they have no room for growth.
They have no room for growth because they've become monsters who've reached the limits of their growth, i.e their Limiter. She's trying to overcome that Limiter, but only Orochi (FTL Orochi?) has been successful.
That's the point. He already reached his limiter. Even if he is not breaking it, he still should scale to above Saitama since Garou's limit ≥ Saitama's limit
Which doesn't make sense. Actually breaking a limiter would mean surpassing it.

Also, Limiter isn't just about reaching a stage of power, it's a state of being pushed that allows an individual to overcome this growth rate and gain explosively high amps. It's not saying Garou's reached a stage of strength where he's about to surpass his limiter, it's stating he's been bullied enough that he's beginning to break that wall and get a big amp soon.

Last edited:
They have no room for growth because they've become monsters who've reached the limits of their growth, i.e their limiter. She's trying to overcome that Limiter,
We clearly have different interpretions of this. A few pages back it is said Garou should experience the death as a human to become a true monster. Just becoming monster like others isn't enough because they can't surpass limits at all. Gyoro tries to surpass that limiter by making supposedly "true monster" from a human.
Also, Limiter isn't just about reaching a stage of power, it's a state of being pushed that allows an individual to overcome this growth rate and gain explosively high amps.
What the heck. That growth is what leads to reaching the limiter but they are not the same thing. The limiter itself is static. Garou had many explosive growths before reaching to his limiter.

They have no room for growth because they've become monsters who've reached the limits of their growth, i.e their limiter. She's trying to overcome that Limiter, but only Orochi (FTL Orochi?) has been successful.

Which doesn't make sense. Actually breaking a limiter would mean surpassing it.

Also, Limiter isn't just about reaching a stage of power, it's a state of being pushed that allows an individual to overcome this growth rate and gain explosively high amps.
The Limiter is basically the Plateau Effect :

• "No matter how much effort one puts in, every living being has an intrinsic limit to its growth. Too much power becomes unbearable and overwhelms its host, turning it into a mindless, rampaging monster. To ensure that we do not enter the realm where we lose all purpose and reason, God has set limits to the growth of every being. The mechanism with which growth is controlled is called the limiter."
The webcomics version too show it well :
Ts2mA.jpg

Here a video for lazy heads who just want to know what it is :

We clearly have different interpretions of this. A few pages back it is said Garou should experience the death as a human to become a true monster. Just becoming monster like others isn't enough because they can't surpass limits at all. Gyoro tries to surpass that limiter by making supposedly "true monster" from a human.
She's done this to both humans and monsters alike. Nothing suggests that, whether he's a human or a monster, the process of this forged-by-fire stuff would be any different, just more efficient.

Also, Gyoro suggests Monsterification is different to becoming a 'true monster', just that it accelerates the process.
What the heck. That growth is what leads to reaching the limiter. The limiter itself is static. Garou had many explosive growths before reaching to his limiter.
Reaching, not surpassing. That's an entirely different process. Nothing suggests Garou needs to reach his limiter in order to begin to surpass it.

Those explosive growths could very easily be explained by his own natural growth rate. She suggests he's not anything like Orochi yet.

Edit: She says it's 'another wall'. He hasn't overcome his limiter here.
The Limiter is basically the Plateau Effect :

• "No matter how much effort one puts in, every living being has an intrinsic limit to its growth. Too much power becomes unbearable and overwhelms its host, turning it into a mindless, rampaging monster. To ensure that we do not enter the realm where we lose all purpose and reason, God has set limits to the growth of every being. The mechanism with which growth is controlled is called the limiter."
The webcomics version too show it well :
Ts2mA.jpg

Here a video for lazy heads who just want to know what it is :

I know. That's what I'm saying it is.

Last edited:
Not really, Genus confirmed us that becoming a monster isn't breaking or surpassing your limiter. You are just reborn with a new one.
I guess it is the same with the "Zenkai" boost Gyoro Gyoro do to Orochi. Since he just became even more monstrous.
No, it just accelerates someone to the limits ordained by their Limiter.

Gyoro Gyoro attempted to break this limiter on humans and monsters by effectively killing them. All attempts were unsuccessful except Orochi. Orochi has broken his personal Limiter and experienced an explosive burst of growth.
Low - High-End. Or 5-B
You might want to make a calc group discussion to get a singular end, then.

Oh, my mistake. My concentration is a little divided at the moment.

You can make the thread, if you want (though I probably won't participate).

Regarding the limiter convo above, “surpassing/breaking the limiter” is not the same as “removing the limiter”.

Orochi and Garou break their limiters and get explosively stronger, but still hit new limits, which they can break again.

Monsters in general just transform and get NEW limiters with their monster bodies.

Saitama has no limiter. It’s gone. Removed. He can train and get stronger and stronger and never hit that limit like Garou or Orochi does.

So you can’t exactly scale them just because they all vaguely are tied to the concept of limiters.

Back