• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Uh so a friend said as response to this
"The core being absorbed is what moved the plates.Not orochi’s tail going into the core.So only the absorption should scale"
Orochi's tail broke through the plates and proceeded to push energy from the core lifting the plates in the process , it scales to his physicals no matter what because the energy absorbed broke the plates directaly because of orochi pushing it

taking that statement at face value would just mean that genos is preocupied about being other monsters on elder's centipede level though there is not a direct link to gouketsu
Taking Genos’ word at face value means that he hasn’t seen/doesn’t know if there’s any other monsters on EC’s level, which would then put it above all other monster’s he’s faced. There doesn’t need to be a direct link to Gouketsu when we’re not looking at it as a legitimate statement for scaling

On a real note, this wiki is very conservative when it comes to very popular series', like Naruto, One Piece, One Punch Man, and Dragon Ball.
Aye, but honestly, it makes sense. I can’t speak for One Piece, but Naruto, DB and occasionally OPM tend to be plagued by people that try to get unreasonable or absurd upgrades based on missing context, misunderstanding the tiering system, or sometimes both.

Tbh I think the scaling of OPM is pretty much fine aside from some minor things (like Amai and some of the Cadres could use revisions).

If I could change anything, I’d personally put the Sun Blade and Golden Sperm at solid High 7-A and put Saitama at 5-B.

And also remove Gery’s 6-C and Rel+ attacks because I hate that statement lmao

i don't like the idea of trying to get what's clearly just Earth to be significantly bigger than what Earth actually is because "muh tiers". Especially if there's no statement on its size that would lead you to think it's bigger or smaller, like "This is the 3rd largest planet in the solar system" or something. Honestly just seems desperate at that point

This is like never getting accepted
For that you would have to say something like.
because the continents joined, the earth is bigger, a city is the size of a country, and a country is a continent, and a whole continent is a continent that is bigger than the earth, this planet is super big maybe the size of giant planets

i don't like the idea of trying to get what's clearly just Earth to be significantly bigger than what Earth actually is because "muh tiers". Especially if there's no statement on its size that would lead you to think it's bigger or smaller, like "This is the 3rd largest planet in the solar system" or something. Honestly just seems desperate at that point
everything in one punch seems different, and in fact the world is a single continent, it's like a pangea that did not separate

if it was just pangea that never separated then it would still be the size of irl Earth, the only thing that would have changed is the size of some landmasses

i have an idea i'll ask murata*he leaves the room, hails a taxi outside, arrives at the airport, takes a plane to japan, then walks and walks and yells at the top of his lungs how big the world of opm is, literally a couple of months later murata replies that the world of opm is bigger than our world because it is a pangea *

i have an idea i'll ask murata*he leaves the room, hails a taxi outside, arrives at the airport, takes a plane to japan, then walks and walks and yells at the top of his lungs how big the world of opm is, literally a couple of months later murata replies that the world of opm is bigger than our world because it is a pangea *
You would need to ask ONE , just saying

if it was just pangea that never separated then it would still be the size of irl Earth, the only thing that would have changed is the size of some landmasses
Alexander is just saying that the OPM Earth has obvious physical differences that our Earth, and that it's not a stretch to say it is bigger than ours.

The Earth, unlike its real-world counterpart, possesses a single super-continent instead of multiple large landmasses. The continent has 26 cities, each identified by a letter of the modern English alphabet.

In addition to the supercontinent covering most of the planet, it possesses smaller islands and landmasses that lie in its immense ocean.[1]

In the anime, Earth was shown to have four natural satellites instead of a single Moon, like in the manga.[1]
this is from the one punch man wiki

The reason why the Earth is so radically different from its real-world counterpart is that it underwent two major "eras of change."[2] Long ago, there were several nations that fought countless wars for land and resources.[2] These constant wars decreased the human population significantly, so the nations of the world united to form a world government and unified the languages.[2] This was known as the first era of change.[2] However, the fallback from the previous wars caused several problems, such as increased environmental toxicity, rapid climate change, a rise in sea levels, and the birth of various new lifeforms.[2] The changes made most of the planet uninhabitable, forcing humanity to migrate to the supercontinent.[2] This was known as the second era of change.[2]

this means that in itself the reason that the world of opm is like this is because of humanity that ruined the world, and in part allowed the creation of monsters, although they do not explain the size of the world

but of course if later it turns out to be 20 times bigger than our world, it would mean that destroying a city would be at least destroying a country (or something like that) even if it doesn't make sense, because there are sometimes sizes that don't make sense (that's normal considering that it is very difficult for murata to portray a logical size without being smaller or larger, they remind us of beef cake, because supposedly he is 270 meters long, when if we calculate it he is more, like 500 meters)

Back