• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh in that case I don't understand the reason for using PE for that.
Because with KE, the speed and mass that Orochi was moving would cause extremely significant damage to the planet and maybe even split it apart. That obviously didn’t happen, so it goes against the KE rules, which state:
The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.

There’s other reasons why PE was chosen over KE, but that’s one of the main reasons.

Using 30 seconds timeframe 6371/ 30 = 212366 m/s. From the previous calcs above I can conclude the radius of that orb is somewhere about 320000 m. The dynamic viscosity of Earth's mantle is 10^19 to 10^21 Pa×s. I'll use the low end.
F = 6*pi*320000*10^19*212366 = 1.28096153e31 N.
Earth's mantle is 2900 km thick.
So 1.28096153e31*2900000 = 3.71478844e37 J. Large Planet level. Almost High 5-A.
Why can't we use this

Not only was the method itself rejected because it can't actually be applied to this situation (I don't remember exactly why, it's a blog and a hundred or so pages back in this thread), but it would shatter the Earth.

I don't know what the reason was, but the planet of One Punch man is different from ours. I don't think "Don't use it because it would break the Earth" is a good reason. We are in a comic book, virtually all the deeds would break the earth or cause much devastation. Punch near at the speed of light for example

I don't know what the reason was, but the planet of One Punch man is different from ours. I don't think "Don't use it because it would break the Earth" is a good reason. We are in a comic book, virtually all the deeds would break the earth or cause much devastation. Punch near at the speed of light for example
What? Why should we assume that OPM"s Earth is far more durable that our Earth when nothing says so? That feels like a lazy excuse

I don't think 'it's a different Earth' is a good reason.

It's made of rock that has easily been broken on numerous occasions, and it's relatively similar to our planet. Really, the only things that are anomalous are the creatures living on the planet.

I'd even argue that it's easier to destroy than our planet given how magma seems to spurt from just a few dozen kilometres beneath the surface in the Monster Association arc.

I mean, if we're going to use the argument of "Earth couldn't take it then we're not going to use that," shouldn't most speed calculations be discarded?

Shouldn't most planetary calculations be discarded if we're assuming the Earth is different?

I didn't mean it's more durable, I meant it's an Earth in a work of fiction. Where things that should destroy the planet don't do it
We're using calculations based on real life principles. If the calculations imply things that aren't indicated or shown to happen in the series or are even outright contradicted, then that warrants a discussion about the calculation method and how to interpret the results.

I mean, if we're going to use the argument of "Earth couldn't take it then we're not going to use that," shouldn't most speed calculations be discarded?
We aren't exactly assuming all the time that characters are generating as much kinetic energy as their speed would suggest since fiction is a lot looser with the correlation between power and speed which is reflected by our kinetic energy standards.

Actually idk why did he use integral sinse speed is not a function of location. He could have just multiplied everything and get the same result lol

Stoke's Law is about a spherical object moving i. An enviroment where no particles will interact with each other and the substance it's moving in is a gas or liquid. The Earth's outer core and mantel are neither of those things.
The outer core is liquid and it doesn't matter that mantle is solid. Many solid materials will flow like liquid when extreme force is aplied. This is why mantle has viscosity and this is why many geologists say "continental crust floats on mantle" (It does not, the mantle just deforms under its weight)

Boros Multi Continent level
Goketsu Large Planet level
Orochi Large Star level
Tatsumaki Solar System level

Sounds like perfect

Why would that suggest it hits with the force of a dying star? Collapsing star could refer to any other aspect of his attack, especially the loud noise created by one since it’s called the Collapsing Star Roar Cannon.

Also, dying =/= collapsing.

Collapsing stars tend to produce energy comparable to a star’s entire lifecycle.

Last edited:
what is the name of the YouTube version or the site where the accuracy of the timeframe in the video is displayed down to milliseconds?

Could someone tell me how to find the kinetic energy of rotation. There you need a moment of inertia and angular velocity. It's hard for me to figure it out at the moment.

Could someone tell me how to find the kinetic energy of rotation. There you need a moment of inertia and angular velocity. It's hard for me to figure it out at the moment.
Kinda confused on what u specifically need, well you would need to solve that using the rotational energy formula that is, 1/2IW^2, and for I, Interia, it depends on the shape. And for W you do, angular rotation/time.
Inertia shape formulas…
Don’t know if this is what ur asking for but this is all I got.

Back