• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In the first page of the recent chapter Garou is saying he’s speeding up the monsterization so he might not be fully monsterized🦭

My proposition for Garou's Keys:

Hero Hunter (Self-Explanatory) | Half-Monster (The Garou that fought Royal Ripper and evolved through his fights with Rover, Gyoro Gyoro, Orochi and Darkshine, eventually breaking his Limiter) | Incomplete Monster (The Garou that showed up on the surface after having his epiphany underground, fought against Bang and Bomb, evolved against Flashy Flash and Platinum Sperm, and finally perfected his technique against Sage Centipede) | Monster Garou (The dude that's fighting Saitama)

IF/When the term "Awakened Garou" is used in the Manga, we can change a Key Name or Add Yet Another Key
I mostly agree with this, but personally I would include a key for Red Garou. Basically the one that fought Royal Ripper but not the one that got a Zenkai from him. It sounds a bit weird to give the form of a character a key when they only had one fight in it, though, so either that or I would include it in the Hero Hunter key. I feel like there's a big enough difference from Red Garou and Half-Monster Garou (who has a lot more screen-time before the next form) for either a separate key to be made, or for Red Garou, who barely did anything, to just be in the Hero Hunter key, maybe that's just me though. The gap between Hero Hunter Garou and Red Garou (at least using in-universe scaling) is certainly large, but not really that massive. On the other hand, the gap between Red Garou and Half-Monster Garou is very big. Using the fanbase terms, it's arguable that he goes from a High-Demon to Low/Mid-Dragon, and proceeds to outright one-shot a decently strong Demon that he had some notable trouble with before, and who could cause him fatal damage in a matter of seconds when actually landing hits, albeit Garou couldn't fight back.

A little off-topic, but hell, calling it a knock-off Zenkai Boost isn't even that much of an exaggeration. It's like how Namek Saga Vegeta got a Zenkai so big, that he blitzed and one-shot Qui, who was equal to his previous self. And later on did the same thing to transformed Zarbon who stomped him prior.

Hero Hunter (Self-Explanatory) | Half-Monster (The Garou that fought Royal Ripper and evolved through his fights with Rover, Gyoro Gyoro, Orochi and Darkshine, eventually breaking his Limiter) | Incomplete Monster (The Garou that showed up on the surface after having his epiphany underground, fought against Bang and Bomb, evolved against Flashy Flash and Platinum Sperm, and finally perfected his technique against Sage Centipede) | Monster Garou (The dude that's fighting Saitama)

IF/When the term "Awakened Garou" is used in the Manga, we can change a Key Name or Add Yet Another Key
Looks good to me.

Personally, I’m disappointed the way they’re rushing the fight and Garou’s transformation. It took several chapters for Garou to get into his winged form, now it’s treated like a regular thing. Well it’s possible Garou will get additional transformations like Golden Sperm did, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

On an unrelated note, I loved how Garou just barreled Saitama through a mountain. I don’t see too many mountains being destroyed in anime or manga, and seeing it here was pretty badass. I wonder if someone has already started calculating the feat.

Personally, I’m disappointed the way they’re rushing the fight and Garou’s transformation. It took several chapters for Garou to get into his winged form, now it’s treated like a regular thing. Well it’s possible Garou will get additional transformations like Golden Sperm did, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

On an unrelated note, I loved how Garou just barreled Saitama through a mountain. I don’t see too many mountains being destroyed in anime or manga, and seeing it here was pretty badass. I wonder if someone has already started calculating the feat.
I do think some parts were rushed, but the transformations weren't. It's not that they're trying to go through the forms quickly, it's that they (or rather, ONE) want it to have more impact on the fight itself.

Garou's extra forms after his Awakened state weren't relevant to the fight itself that much. They were just more ways to drive home the fact that Garou was not beating Saitama, and he needed to understand that. Winged Garou didn't even get to attack iirc, we just see him defeated again, because we know it's gonna happen anyways when his opponent is Saitama. ONE can still do something like all that in this version, while having the transformations actually play a more important role in the main fight, albeit I wish Garou at least lost some of his skill in exchange for the higher power, he literally didn't change at all here mentally but it's whatever.

I personally prefer the transformations being relevant, as long as it doesn't mean we're not gonna get that back in forth in the end. And GS isn't the only one that got an additional form. Furher Ugly did as well, same with ENW, albeit there was an especially big version of him in the webcomic, but no EOW. And Sage Centipede was a completely sudden addition. So Garou possibly getting more forms as you mention is definitely not unlikely.

Side note, this also helps further the point that Garou was not getting weaker when he was transforming. He only started getting weaker when he hit his limit, began deteriorating, and could barely even fight back at all.

I think this is good. AP wise, it'll probably look like this:

Low 7-B | At least Low 7-B, up to At least 7-B | At least 7-B, up to 6-A | 6-A, higher with Reactive Evolution

Last edited:
Yeah he does have one job, and that’s not the story. ONE still does it so stop hating on Murata. 🦭
im pretty sure that the last 10 chapters or so were both drawn and written by murata. The storytelling lately hasn't felt like the typical ONE style. Garou being a typical tsundere and blushing whenever he's called out for being "good" doesn't feel like something ONE would do.

What if you guys just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy
mqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
670d2151-9d7c-430e-a75a-b1e892601f8b

I just realized since this Garou isn't called Awakened Garou. Scaling between manga Boros and Garou via the ONE + Murata statements is probably a no go oof

I just realized since this Garou isn't called Awakened Garou. Scaling between manga Boros and Garou via the ONE + Murata statements is probably a no go oof
I mean, ONE didn’t refer to Garou as Awakened Garou there, but the statement was already a no go

This version of Garou is already performing better than Boros did tbh, as he's actually landed multiple blows on Saitama (Though they all have done nothing to Saitama).

But then again, it feels like Saitama is toying around with Garou at this point. And Saitama holds back against both characters for different reasons.

Back