• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh well. I don’t treat 6 year old statements said one time on one stream by someone who doesn’t write the series as canon, but I see why this website would. Even when the series itself doesn’t really have that information on its own pages and is never supported anywhere ever.

Murata is in charge of the fights for the most part. If he writes a character to be a certain way its canon.
And yet in the statement everyone loves to take as 100% canon even though it’s never supported by the manga itself and was said one time in one steam in a casual offhand manor, he says he “needs to ask ONE” regarding how strong Gery is.

“hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE.”

Selective reading?

He even goes on to say “that’s just what I think” implying it is nothing more than his headcanon at the time… FOUR YEARS AGO…

“Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all. That's what I think. (he repeats this several times)”

“Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right, but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway, I draw enemies as powerful as possible when they appear, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting”

But, sure, Murata determines the powerscale, and he is GOD, and his word is law.

”Murata: Not sure who's stronger, Orochi or Golden Sperm. I will need to ask ONE. Orochi definitely has better techniques though since Golden Sperm is all about speed and power.”

These interview statements totally can’t be outdated or anything.

Murata CONSTANTLY says that he needs to “ask ONE” for clarification, yet Murata writes the powerscale and his word is law? How’s that make sense?? Unless ONE says, or he says ONE says a statement he says is correct, then his word is nothing more than higher tier headcanon.

Last edited:
he is still talking ? that is just so sad 😔
Sorry that I don’t agree with your headcanon, but acting like this is both silly, and also very close to report worthy. I don’t agree that a four year old statement is correct, especially one that the writer didn’t even make, nor is the statement actually in the manga in any way, shape or form. Acting disrespectful and snarky isn’t a good thing regardless tho.

Why does Boros have “self-sustenance“? Like, I know his planet looks like literal hell, but I don’t think that’s enough to warrant that ability. For all we know his kind can live off drinking lava and eating rocks.

Murata > You and Everyone here 😔

Go cry about it

And uh yeah let's forgot the fact that ONE himself confirmed that he give murata A reign over his manga he can add & do whatever the hell he wants and you can do nothing about it 😔

Murata > You and Everyone here 😔

Go cry about it

And uh yeah let's forgot the fact that ONE himself confirmed that he give murata A reign over his manga he can add & do whatever the hell he wants and you can do nothing about it 😔
Okay. To the report thread you go.

When did ONE say that? And you also ignore how Murata constantly asks ONE clarification regarding how strong someone is “meant” to be?? Ok.

Murata: With the main storyline or anything else where I’m going off of ONE-sensei’s original, I’m generally given free reign with page distribution and whatnot. But I’ll ask ONE-sensei if I have any questions.

ONE: That’s right.

Murata: For the main storyline, the dialogue stays pretty much the same. But with side-stories, sometimes I’ll try adding in scenes to ONE-sensei’s storyboards, or change the dialogue up a bit. In such cases, I’ll always ask ONE-sensei’s opinion. We’ll go back and forth fine-tuning it…and sometimes it’ll just end up reverting back to how it was in the beginning (laughs).

ONE: Murata-sensei always shows me whenever he thinks up new scenes or dialogue to add. For instance, with the A-Class hero Spring Mustachio, my storyboards just had his name and general appearance. He talked a bit and got beat up by the monster, nothing more. I didn’t plan to highlight what weapons he used or anything like that; that part was really cut short. But the storyboards Murata-sensei came up with featured him using his weapon against the monster, showing off his fighting chops so that the monster looked even more impressive by comparison. It was fantastic!

“Murata gives new scenes and fights to characters who would otherwise have nothing” ≠ “Murata is now the sole creator and writer of One Punch Man. He determines everyone’s powerscale and he REALLY likes fan calcs. Who’s ONE, and why does he keep asking ONE how strong everyone is supposed to be?”

Uh uh i don't get your argument sadly 😔

How is power scaling had to do with this? he himself claimed that when it comes to that and some he still had to ask ONE as to who win and that also it's in the same scan I've said so uh i dow not understand you

We can literally see through her hands. At least, from the moment she was stabbed, to now, her hands have been pierced with two black crosses. There is ZERO sign of regen.

Her hands aren’t scarred. They are literally identical in appearance to when she first got them, outside of 1 or 2 panels.
Here you can see scars
Here you can see scars
Here you can see scars

I could get the other panels but imo I think that they aren't as clear as these 3 that depict the stab wounds as "closed up".

Even if it isn't directly acknowledged or stated, you can still see that the wounds are closed up (not perfectly as there is still lots of blood coming from them) as drawn.

If you still disagree then can you show me which panels show you can literally see entire gaping holes from her hands which would be the result of her having no form of regen?

Here you can see scars
Here you can see scars
Here you can see scars

I could get the other panels but imo I think that they aren't as clear as these 3 that depict the stab wounds as "closed up".

Even if it isn't directly acknowledged or stated, you can still see that the wounds are closed up (not perfectly as there is still lots of blood coming from them) as drawn.

If you still disagree then can you show me which panels show you can literally see entire gaping holes from her hands which would be the result of her having no form of regen?
So, 2 panels of “closed” (could simply be an artistic liberty) wounds?

Ok. Compare that to the 20+ where she’s still bleeding very openly. Heck, the last image you sent, the wound is still bleeding and looks IDENTICAL to when she first got the scars in the first place!

This just in: Murata is not ALWAYS consistent!

These panels are from LATER CHAPTERS and they’re STILL very open, still bleeding wounds!

So, 2 panels of “closed” (could simply be an artistic liberty) wounds?
I put those two panels because they are the most clear lol
Ok. Compare that to the 20+ where she’s still bleeding very openly. Heck, the last image you sent, the wound is still bleeding and looks IDENTICAL to when she first got the scars in the first place!
It's still bleeding but you can't literally see through it so how is it not any form of regeneration? She is literally listed with the worst form of regeneration on the site because although the wound is small and still bleeding alot, it still isn't a gaping hole like it's supposed to be if she were stabbed through and you disagree with it?
This just in: Murata is not ALWAYS consistent!
Alright then help me out, show one page where you can see directly through Tatsumaki's hands as if they were stabbed through by two spears.

“You can’t literally see through it so it’s regen”

??? ok, so she was never stabbed in the first place then, since even right after being stabbed, we can’t “literally see through it”. Epic logic!

We are arguing SHADING now. May I bring up Garou‘s randomly vanishing BLOOD eye? Tatsumaki did not regenerate. Missing shading does not prove she regenerated. Especially when it’s THIS inconsistent.

Tatsumaki can totally regenerate, she just keeps falling over and landing on rocks and getting the same hand injury between panels repeatedly. Totally not an artist taking shortcuts or simply forgetting to shade like he’s done before.

Back