• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly the fact that Boros has it because of one feat that a lot of people forget but Genos who has shown it on several occasions does not is insane to me.

I thought ESP was supernatural shit, Genos's energy sensing is mechanical. Would that still count?
I don't think that's inherently what it is, just that most versions of it are supernatural. It also doesn't necessarily need to be energy sensing in specific according to the wiki's official page. I'd say that it perfectly fits into what the page says for Power Reading.

unknown.png

I think it's weird Boros is on the awakening power page. He's never shown that
unknown.png

Those specific descriptions would technically apply to Meteoric Burst and CSRC, but I feel like calling it an "Awakened Power" doesn't really fit, either. Awakened Power implies a power someone can't normally access, and usually only does in situations where they're experiencing overwhelming stress. Boros can use both of those whenever he wants. I mean, they're just transformation and energy projection, as mentioned on his profile. And Awakened Power is nowhere in the list he has either. Just a minor issue, should probably get removed by anyone who has perms or wants to ask for them, but it wouldn't really be an impactful change.

unknown.png

Those specific descriptions would technically apply to Meteoric Burst and CSRC, but I feel like calling it an "Awakened Power" doesn't really fit, either. Awakened Power implies a power someone can't normally access, and usually only does in situations where they're experiencing overwhelming stress. Boros can use both of those whenever he wants. I mean, they're just transformation and energy projection, as mentioned on his profile. And Awakened Power is nowhere in the list he has either. Just a minor issue, should probably get removed by anyone who has perms or wants to ask for them, but it wouldn't really be an impactful change.
What ability is that?

What ability is that?

Genos does not have Extrasensory Perception. His sensing abilities are distinctly mechanical, allowing him to feel out energy and living people, including that of the Hero Hunter, read the location of others, detect and shift through the myriad of movements around him, and lock onto his targets, but not psychic energy, which is "unmeasurable" to him, as it is a supernatural phenomenon.

On the other hand, Boros read Saitama's aura and could sense his bottomless power and energy, a distinctly supernatural feat.

Carnage Kabuto has no showing of ESP, nor is it even on his page, so why he is listed as a notable user is beyond me.

unknown.png

Mechanical or not, this is literally the definition of Extrasensory Perception, no? And also, how is it implied that he specifically can't sense the energy espers emit, which Tatsumaki herself implies is a power everyone has (just called "Chi") against Fubuki, but that few can wield it. The reason he can't sense the energy behind Psykorochi's blast is more so implied to be because it's so much energy he just can't get a read on it. Boros' sensing Saitama's energy isn't different, either. Boros is saying he can't measure Saitama's energy. If he wasn't, why was he so confident in fighting him afterwards? He believed he'd win throughout the whole fight, but also thought that Saitama's energy pool was immeasurable, which would place Saitama above Boros? That doesn't make sense, it just means that Boros' energy sensing has limitations, which is lower than Boros' own energy pool.

Anyways, if it's not Extrasensory Perception, what is it? He needs to have a power listed for it. If it's supposed to just be Enhanced Senses, that doesn't really work.

I stopped getting notifications from this thread.

Are there any instances of Fubuki sensing the powers of non-Espers?

Genos does not have Extrasensory Perception. His sensing abilities are distinctly mechanical, allowing him to feel out energy and living people, including that of the Hero Hunter, read the location of others, detect and shift through the myriad of movements around him, and lock onto his targets, but not psychic energy, which is "unmeasurable" to him, as it is a supernatural phenomenon.

On the other hand, Boros read Saitama's aura and could sense his bottomless power and energy, a distinctly supernatural feat.

Carnage Kabuto has no showing of ESP, nor is it even on his page, so why he is listed as a notable user is beyond me.
Where in the wiki was it stated that to qualify as Extrasensory Perception, it needs to be not mechanical? The defenition (on this site) is:

Extrasensory Perception, also known as sensing, detection, or a sixth sense, is the ability to detect energy signatures, matter signatures, or the like near the user.

Genos showcased just that.

Your "debunk," of bringing up Psykorochi and Tatsumaki's energy is clearly just showing that Genos has limitations to either the amount of energy he can grasp, or just which types of energy he can sense. Either of those options would still mean that Genos would still fall under Limited Extrasensory Perception.

On the page, it says in the "Limitations" category:

• Some energies can be overwhelming.
  • Some users may only be able to sense some forms of energy, power, etc. but not other kinds.

Was it stated somewhere in the webcomic that Blast has better psychic powers than Tatsumaki, or am I just misremembering something?

Was it stated somewhere in the webcomic that Blast has better psychic powers than Tatsumaki, or am I just misremembering something?
In the databook, Fubuki speculates that Blast is stronger than King, can shoot lasers from his eyes and rules over psychic powers, and has the ability to command trillions of robots. She hypothesizes that he could beat the rest of the S-Class all at once.[25]

No, just what FinePoint said. Although I do speculate that he uses psychic powers for his portals and dimensional travel, just an extreme version of it on a scale that dwarfs even Tatsumaki's power. But that's just theoretical.

I'm aware of that.
Okay. Well that's the only direct mention.
Even the scene where he puts his hand on Tatsumaki's head and suddenly knows what her sister looks like is only in the manga.

So, I don't think there's any webcomic basis at all.

Found the source. It was a bs translation from the chapter in the webcomic where we see Tatsumaki meeting Blast.

Back