• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh that whole future Earth thing was revealed when Amai Mask speaks with Saitama in the webcomic. Amai Mask explains to Saitama how the world used to be drastically different, and was changed due to humanity's many wars over the years. Eventually humanity congregated on the supercontinent, and they basically made one unified society where everyone started using the same language as well (which probably isn't actually Japanese in-universe). Another noteworthy thing is that it's common knowledge, and even Saitama (who is somewhat dense and ignorant to a large majority of the outside world) questions why Amai is explaining something he already knows. Oh, and it's also implied that the side-effects of humanities wars is what caused Monster's to be created, iirc.

Technically speaking it's webcomic only, but there's no doubt that it's gonna be the same in the manga. This isn't like a single fight or character being different, that's a major plot point which will definitely be brought back in the far future. Similarly to how the limiter is a thing in both.

Edit: I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but this also links well with a theory I made a while ago. Basically, the theory goes that due to humanity damaging the Earth, God, who might have created the Earth, now hates humanity, which is why he wants to destroy it. That's why Vaccine Man was created to end humanity. It's a common theme used in a lot of different media. Even the Matrix talks about it a bt.

1cHrtJU2mOtx4m4i3QwK_9Cm8ph23jDm2
5DzZSdi.png

Found the panel

Last edited:
Same, in the future but just not too far into the future.

Maybe they have a similar case to One Piece were all of the technology is many times more advanced than the current era they're in but it's only accessible to the HA

I'd actually guess in the 2100's or so. Maybe even much later than that. I doubt ONE did a bunch of research on it or anything, but it'd probably take a ridiculously long time for the Earth's landmass to form a supercontinent, right? But it's very possible that it could still be well before even 2100 in specific.

Honestly I have no exact estimate, there's just so little to go off of for suggesting the timeline here.

Oh btw your image didn't work.

I hope ONE decides to give us more lore on the history of Earth, as well as what lies on the other side of the Planet. If I had to take a guess, it'll like just be some old remnants of a society, like crumbling, empty cities. Basically a post apocalyptic setting. And who knows, it may be a completely dead place or there maybe people living there, remote from the main society.

The closest thing we have to what is on the other side of the planet is in the anime, where in the end of the Boros fight, we see flowers and an empty grassy land, so it's a natural paradise maybe?

Ah yeah, I forgot some details in there as well. God that's still such a massive plot point that many people have already forgotten. I love it when stories take place on a future version of Earth.

I hope ONE decides to give us more lore on the history of Earth, as well as what lies on the other side of the Planet. If I had to take a guess, it'll like just be some old remnants of a society, like crumbling, empty cities. Basically a post apocalyptic setting. And who knows, it may be a completely dead place or there maybe people living there, remote from the main society.

The closest thing we have to what is on the other side of the planet is in the anime, where in the end of the Boros fight, we see flowers and an empty grassy land, so it's a natural paradise maybe?
Maybe the continent that sunk mentioned by Nichirin.

OPM is placed in 2990, as seen in Sonic's wine bottle.
Scan? If that's the case, then dayum. Technology as a whole has progressed really slowly huh.... Tho I guess it could be because of the war, the war used up so much resources it sent society several ages back. Because, other than their weapons and mainly combat oriented stuff like the HA. OPM's society isn't that much ahead if not different at all than ours.

Scan? If that's the case, then dayum. Technology as a whole has progressed really slowly huh.... Tho I guess it could be because of the war, the war used up so much resources it sent society several ages back. Because, other than their weapons and mainly combat oriented stuff like the HA. OPM's society isn't that much ahead if not different at all than ours.

ch78

Thx, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be referring to year dates? But I dunno anything about wine bottles

That's either the current year in OPM, an older year that the wine was made in (wine has an absurdly long shelf life in the right conditions), or the year that the company which created the wine was founded in.

Either way, it's definitely referring to the year.

Also, you're referring to this reddit post. It doesn't actually try to dispute the year number. All the post says is that there is probably word play involved with the year number, but it doesn't mean that the year number isn't true.

Oh I got ninja'd, but it's not saying that. Even if the year number is a form of word play (which isn't concrete at all), it could still be the actual year number.

It's not concrete evidence imo since it only shows up for a single panel and could be something they weren't really thinking about, but it's still definitely worth considering.

Edit: I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but this also links well with a theory I made a while ago. Basically, the theory goes that due to humanity damaging the Earth, God, who might have created the Earth, now hates humanity, which is why he wants to destroy it. That's why Vaccine Man was created to end humanity. It's a common theme used in a lot of different media. Even the Matrix talks about it a bt.
That seems to be likely, considering a lot of characters who are connected to GOD seem to imply he has some sorta agenda towards Humanity.

I've seen a theory where GOD was the Alien Seer or he's somewhat connected to it, and he purposely lured Boros to earth for the promise of a worthy opponent for him, but really wanted Boros to come to Earth to destroy it, because I don't think GOD could just go up to Boros and say "Hey fam, I really don't like this planet, can you wipe it out for me" and so made up a prophecy.

There's no literally no evidence backing up this theory but like, it's not too far reached ngl.

That's an interesting theory, but God seems to interact with beings via his God Cubes. Unless he can travel around freely in space but not Earth or something, it still feels a bit off.

And another debatable (as-in not concrete but possible) implication is that ONE made a God level threat a "threat to humanity", not a threat to life on Earth or Earth itself, but a threat to humanity. That could very well be foreshadowing God's intentions.

Back