• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
more of a rethorical point to show that he isn't treated as that much stronger
Genos is only threat level demon at this time in the story and EC is 7-B... And Genos isn't even able to harm EC normally

i mean if molting is the only thing implying that he got stronger... molting being a biological process gotten from real life
Or you know, it doesn't mean it's an accurate representation of real life? Because this is fiction?

why not, do we assume everything works completly diffrent in fiction, cars, phones or physics
No, unless it's clearly contradicted, like here. Clearly, EC's molting is different from real life insects as shown. Like if you wanna argue something like this, I guess Garou shouldn't be able to turn from a human to a monster because humans clearly don't turn into monsters when placed in near death.

No, unless it's clearly contradicted, like here. Clearly, EC's molting is different from real life insects as shown. Like if you wanna argue something like this, I guess Garou shouldn't be able to turn from a human to a monster because humans clearly don't turn into monsters when placed in near death.
no that's a false equivalence, garou's monster transformation is something established as completly diffrent from real life, obviously EC isn't a real life creature but that doesn't mean that aspects of him doesn't work akin to real life processes. this honestly a pretty mute point to argue anyway doesn't really matter

obviously EC isn't a real life creature but that doesn't mean that aspects of him doesn't work akin to real life processes.
And what makes you say that? What makes you think that EC's molting is exactly like real life when we are shown that it's not?

when he says even rover he then asks, "what did you do to rover?" and saitama confirms he smacks him so it would more be in refernce to that i would imagine. also he would know gouketsu's strength.
That's not at all what I meant, I was saying he wouldn't be referring to their power because they're dead and not the ones who are subservient.
We don't know he if he would given that rover submits before we find out.
He reflected an attack from Rover before hand and fought against him, yet he instantly decided to use his Awakened Form when faced with the prospect of fighting EC.
the fact that bang considered fighting EC with his Awekening is actually a good feat for rover since the awekening should scale pretty far below their amped combo techniques, given that even weakend bomb could keep up decently against garou and now bang is already bloodied.
Garou was stronger when he fought Bang. Bomb even remarks on the difference sheerly due to the fact that he's able to now fight on par with Bang. So Awakened Bang >> Bomb.

Also, Darkshine shattered the entire rib cage of a stronger version of Garou than the one that fought Rover, yet this same Garou was fighting on par with Awakened Bang.
there really also isn't much to suggest that post-molt EC is that much stronger than the previous EC the only statment is that he got bigger.
genos and bang both considered fighting him again and genos was even somewhat effective.
They say they can't defeat him right after, so it's obvious he's way stronger.

Genos was only effective on the interior. Everyone knew it was pretty much a useless gesture, if not suicide.
if anything rover is able to take a possibly stronger combo that's also amped while also injured and still come out pretty much undamaged,

compare this to EC who had his entire carapace shattered by a weaker combo so the buff to EC would have to be huge to close that gap.
And it's not like molting in real life typically makes bugs astronimically more durable either.
Rover wasn't injured, and Bang was only marginally "amped" by Fubuki reinforcing his body.

Bang was willing to put his life on the line in his Awakened Form to fight Post-Molt EC. So it's a decently large amp.

It's not like Centipedes in real life are kilometres long, either.

Last edited:
He reflected an attack from Rover before hand and fought against him, yet he instantly decided to use his Awakened Form to fight EC.
im arguing durability here and bang never fought against him alone they did the combo

of course he would have to use it since EC was able to regenerate from their previous combo which they could not perform again

Rover wasn't injured, and Bang was only marginally amped.
he's weakend

Doesn't make a difference what you're arguing, Bang just never decides to do it against Rover so your point is irrelevant. You also seem to be oscillating between Rover's durability and him outright scaling above Gouketsu/post-Molt EC.

Bomb was there with EC.

They say continuously that fighting it is suicide. There's no indication that they're referring to its molting ability. And even if they were, you haven't got a shred of proof for Rover scaling above post-molt EC. It's speculation, at this point.

They thought it was weak (from a few pages of blasting, I assume) and that they could take it out. They were wrong.

Last edited:
They thought it was weak (from a few pages of blasting, I assume) and that they could take it out. They were wrong.
i agree that he doesn't scale to EC now but rover was weakend tho
bomb states it. Gouketsu is more up for debate though
also this panel to support your point where bomb says that Bang might aswell give up being a hero if there are more EC-level opponents

uc
40.jpg

I'm pretty sure Bomb only thought he was weakened and that Bomb turned out to be wrong. But I could be wrong.

I thought that happened after Rover, so my mistake. Although I have no idea how Bang and Bomb would know that.

What did you guys think Murata meant when he said he'd make Saitama Vs AG more out there (forgot what he said exactly) compared to Saitama Vs Boros?

Taking it at face value it could mean that AG just does 5-B feats or whatever but what if instead he did something like Phoenix Man Vs CE where the fight looked much better but instead there was less feats like CE's beam being taken away.

I imagine that table flip will be made to look more spectacular than the base lift but apart from that I don't see anything that's to definitive as proof it will give us lots of feats. Saitama Vs Boros only occured on the ship so what if Murata meant that Saitama and AG would simply have the planet as their battle ground (FTL Saitama, AG and Boros?)? Then we would only get High 6-A stuff at the very most since the fight takes place on the surface.

What did you guys think Murata meant when he said he'd make Saitama Vs AG more out there (forgot what he said exactly) compared to Saitama Vs Boros?
Likely just a greater setting. The original fight already displays AG's fight as on a greater scale than Boros'

Also I'm pretty sure tableflip could yield tier 5 if we assume Saitama's gonna flip a continent or something

I honestly just think that AG will scale to the table flip so let's hope Saitama flips the continent a lot higher up than Psykorochi did

It's possible that AG's big feat is like shaking the Planet with his strikes, which can sound more impressive than Orochi's Core stuff to people who don't use calcs

Yeah I remember reading Goku Vs Moro and they did a shot where Goku in UI punches Moro and they show a shot of a shockwave going through the planet to show the gravity of the punch (despite that being eons weaker than they actually are).

Dragon ball usually has characters using KI blasts/manipulation to perform any feat above tier 6, so destroying a planet with raw shockwaves/brute strength is still kinda impressive.

i actually thought about this calc and i realized that we never really see the thickness of the magma so wouldn't it be safer and less speculative to just scale orochi to the earthquake it makes since we can't objectively tell it's mass

you can make the technical argument that psykos doesn't know about post-molt EC who is the one that got the 7-A statment
If Orochi knows about post-molt EC, then Psykos definitely would. Orochi compared EC to Gouketsu in strength speaking about post-most EC.

Back