• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically, Saitama doesn't have some normal punch baseline. For example, even Saitama's normal punches took off Boros' arm and ripped apart his Meteoric Burst form, whereas Armoured Boros survived one. We still agreed that it puts him above characters like Vaccine Man and some of the past monsters he'd one-shot, but there's nothing indicating each punch has the same power if it's not serious.

He does, that's how Normal Punches work. The point is that he's not trying nor holding back. He's just lazily throwing a half-assed punch forwards. He wasn't trying to kill Boros nor intentionally holding back, which is why Boros lived, cause he can take the usual amount of power Saitama outputs with his blows. Idk how them damaging MB Boros so bad makes them inconsistent. The first punch only broke his armor, which we can assume took most of the force considering that stronger versions of him were significantly damaged. Released Boros had an arm taken off where as MB Boros had some major internal damage, which is relatively minor in comparison to being literally dismembered, whereas Consecutive Normal Punches is a bunch of blows thrown, well, consecutively. Also it could be argued that Saitama was already beginning to exert an above average amount of power against Boros seeing as he had his serious expression on throughout almost the entire fight after the first blow that Boros survived (which, as I've mentioned many times, surprised Saitama greatly). I don't see any inconsistencies.

If they're random half-assed punches, then why would each one have the exact same power to begin with? Saitama can limit his strength to not vaporizing B-Class Heroes to splitting clouds on a global scale, so even the tiniest exertion could make a huge difference.

So you've basically invalidated your own point to begin with by claiming that Armoured Boros can't actually take his punches.

Also, Saitama matches Boros' clashes without damaging him even after he blows his arm off.

Last edited:
I'm not saying they have the same exact power. Unless there's something implying he's putting more effort or he says he's intentionally holding back (or in the case of fodders of course), it's pretty basic to assume he's using a roughly consistent amount of power.

?

Uh, Saitama didn't throw a punch in either of those images, nor would it make sense if he did considering that every time Saitama throw's a punch, it's going to be focused on, not just some random attack.

He's not putting in effort is the point. If it's not regulated and he can control his power to such a degree with little effort, literally nothing suggests each of Saitama's punches are even close to each other in strength. I'd actually say this is the case given that many Tiger, Demon level and Dragon levels (ie. the meteor or Boros' cannon shells) he punches do or don't explode.

Basically, you're now saying that Armoured Boros' armour took the brunt of the punch, and that it's the same level of power he used to severely injure Unleashed/Meteoric Burst Boros, so you're invalidating your own point by saying that he can't actually withstand them.

Are they all supposed to be counters? I thought I could see a punch or two, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Not putting effort nor intentionally holding back. Other situations are, well, other situations. For example, against Carnage Kabuto and Deep Sea King he likely exerted a bit more power than normal due to his emotions, or when he says he holding back (against Rover) or is obviously holding back (fodders), we know he's intentionally trying not to kill them. Do you think Murata is gonna make it so every opponent gets one shotted on the exact level they should?

I'm saying his armor took it, not Boros himself, idk how that's inconsistent, furthermore, I actually said the contrary to him using the same power as normal. He uses his serious expression (or at least slightly serious around the start) throughout the rest of the fight after the first blow, which implies he's taking Boros somewhat seriously. That also narratively makes sense for reasons I covered not too long ago (the Boros fight is not comedic and Boros is in Saitama's general league, just not close to his actual level).

Yes? You're saying Saitama punched Boros and it got treated as a random, off-panel, literally irrelevant attack? That's completely ridiculous in every way. Scaling wise and narratively speaking.

So which ones specific ones does and doesn't he take restraint against? It seems like you're invalidating your own point again. Do you think One and Murata care enough to establish a solid baseline strength when all Saitama does is one-shot his opponents?

I'm not saying it's inconsistent, I'm saying that you're literally making a case for why Armoured Boros' didn't actually withstand a punch from Saitama, which defeats the purpose of scaling his suppressed form above most of Saitama's adversaries.

I could see them all being counters, but your logic is here awful. It was already established that Saitama had an entire off-screen portion of the fight where he tore off Boros' arm.

Here's another thing, why do we even have an Armoured Boros key to begin with?

Last edited:
Do I think ONE and Murata care about how strong Saitama is beyond "xd he one shot people"? Yes I do. And idk what you're even asking at the start there.

What? It just means Boros' armor is above his actual durability, I fail to see your point.

"but your logic is awful" Yeah sure. As for the rest...and? You literally just defeated your own point. He blows off Boros' arm "off-screen" (even though we briefly see his fist traveling towards Boros before it happens) but doesn't even harm him with another, literally hypothetical "off-screen" punch.

That's not what I meant or said, at all. What I asked is if they care about the exact level of power he uses to indiscriminately one-shot opponents.

I asked you where the line would be drawn with your own logic that Saitama does use more strength against some opponents, like CK or DSK.

You're saying that Boros' Armour took the brunt of the punch, and arguing that Armoured Boros scales above Saitama's previous opponents because he withstood that same punch.

My entire point is that he uses different levels of power, so no I haven't. It's the crux of my argument.

Last edited:
Determining a baseline for his normal punches is a large part of determining his strength in general, so yes, I would think they care about it, even if not, that really doesn't disprove anything. As for when he starts to use more strength, either when it's logical for his emotions to drive him to do so, or when he begins to get serious. The level of power it takes to make him get serious is obviously vague, but would be somewhere in what people describe as Above Dragon.

When I say Armored Boros, am I talking about Boros himself? No, I'm talking about Boros and the literal armor that's on him, giving him the name Armored Boros.

"Yeah Saitama punched him even though we don't see it, nor is it remotely implied, despite Saitama's punches inspiring the name of the series and being focused on every time he does throw a punch in a fight, including the Boros fight, and it also did no damage. But at the same time when we actually see him punch Saitama blows off Boros' arm, so yeah it's likely that Saitama at least threw some blows in their exchange." But you already agreed that you could see them all being counters so the point is irrelevant now anyways.

The point of his strength is supposed to be that it's ludicrous and undeterminable (or "unfair", "limitless", "unnatural", "not normal", etc, as characters in the series say) because he one-shots powerful opponents with little to no effort on his part. Saitama's actual limitations are then slowly expanded upon throughout the series by having him fight extraordinarily opponents, like Boros and Garou.

"that really doesn't disprove anything" You haven't really given anything conclusive to begin with, though neither have I tbh.

I'm not asking when he becomes serious. You said before that he could have put in more CK and DSK, so I was (emphasis on was due to the next point) asking you to expand on that logic.

If you're just talking about the durability of his armour and not his other physicals, then ok. This conversation is over. Personally, I don't even see the purpose in having an AB key at that point.

Which is a crock of b.s because we literally didn't see the punch that blew his arm off, just that they had some sort of on-screen bout. As for the clashes (at the very least Boros punching and Saitama blocking) that I showed, they're fully on-screen, just at extremely high speeds. Also, there's tons of off-screen punches from Satiama in the series, though the monsters are typically dead or not around afterwards because they aren't Boros.

Last edited:
"Saitama's actual limitations are then slowly expanded upon throughout the series" Yes, that's the thing. Overtime, we see characters who are in his general league and can make him get at least a little serious. The way we can determine how much power his normal punches output (not in detail but just to some degree) is via using these characters who can take his normal punches without suffering lethal damage. These characters, you'll notice, are all around a similar level. Rover and ENW aren't worth mentioning, but there are three characters who are. Saitama looked to get slightly serious against Orochi, who technically didn't die in one punch (although got destroyed when Saitama fully landed an actual blow onto Orochi), and Orochi was able to counter one of Saitama's attacks (although Orochi did of course see it coming, but nonetheless it's impressive), the reason this is notable is because Orochi is sort of the "gatekeeper" to Above Dragon. He's a god tier no doubt, but among the weakest of them. Saitama didn't beat him as easily as almost every other foe, but he didn't really try too much and wasn't particularly impressed. Boros took several normal punches, was the first enemy after breaking his limiter to genuinely impress Saitama, and made him get serious. Awakened Garou took many attacks, countered many attacks, and even seemed to briefly match Saitama in an exchange of blows against a Two-Handed Consecutive Normal Punches (also got Saitama serious as well, of course). We can see that there are people who are able to impress Saitama and make a noticeable impact. We even see this directly said by Saitama. Most opponents are so weak and don't impress him to any degree, so it's hard for him to even tell the difference between them and other people. But occasionally (as-in usually around the end of an arc), Saitama encounters an opponent who does stand out. They don't just get taken out with one blow, they can impress him, surprise him, and make him put a bit of effort into the fight.

Ok.

I'm just saying that his emotional states in both encounters means he likely didn't use completely standard punches against them. Against CK he was in distress because he thought he missed the bargain sale, although of course that's just a comedy thing. Against DSK (a much more serious tone), Saitama arrived late on the battlefield, arriving just in time to see Mumen Rider get defeated after putting up the best fight he can, and being genuinely worried for Genos, who looked pretty much dead. He even makes a clear insult to DSK and seems a bit serious when standing up. So the possibility that he could've been using more power there makes sense, I'm not saying he definitely did though, of course, nor is it too relevant to this discussion, just a minor thing to note.

Alright.

Was it anime only when his fist moved forwards towards Boros right before Boros' arm got taken off? Yes, they're on screen, but Saitama throws no visible punches. And we can assume Boros literally getting maimed was due to a specific attack near the end of their clash. I severely doubt Saitama threw any punches before then, and assuming he did is theoretical at best. Of course, that's not what I mean though. If Saitama punches someone in a fight, we're almost certainly going to see it unless it's intentionally put off-screen for the sake of either humor or just not wasting time. In Boros case, if the dismembering punch was only shown in the anime, then there was one instance where we didn't see Saitama's punch, but obviously we don't need to see it to know what happened to cause that injury, anyways.

I can see your point here, then, although I'll remain a firm believer that . Tbh, this makes me think that there's even less point to keeping an Armoured Boros key.

Ok, then.

Yes, that's anime only. The clashes happened after he lost his arm, not during, so I think you should check out chapters 34-36 again. I mean, they could just not be wasting time by showing an extended fight scene where Saitama doesn't land a significant hit, but it doesn't matter anyway since we already agreed to drop this.

Also new Atomic Sandbag memes from last chapter.

Bomb_Beats_Atomic.png

Garou_Beats_Atomic.png

You_Completely_Shineless_Filth.jpg

would Tatsu sensing the dimensional travel mean anything abilities wise? Or is it just another case of extra sensory perception?

Also is is Orochi's lightning being treated similar to real lightning? Iaian did mention that Atomic didn't teach him how to cut water yet so does that mean Atomic can slash intangible stuff (limited to lightning and possibly water)?

@SemiRaedi Regarding your second post. No, it isn't treated as similar to real lightning due to lacking proof to back up. Both Atomic Samurai and Iaian were powerless against Evil Natural Water and were saved by Darkshine. Being able to cut water and lightning doesn't mean he can cut intangible beings such as ghosts or so.

@SemiRaedi Regarding your second post. No, it isn't treated as similar to real lightning due to lacking proof to back up. Both Atomic Samurai and Iaian were powerless against Evil Natural Water and were saved by Darkshine. Being able to cut water and lightning doesn't mean he can cut intangible beings such as ghosts or so.
Darth's calc treats Orochi's beams as real lightning afaik. FF's hair seems to indicate that.

would Tatsu sensing the dimensional travel mean anything abilities wise? Or is it just another case of extra sensory perception?
I think we would just list it as "able to detect interdimensional travel", it's not normally an ability that comes with extrasensory perception.
Also is is Orochi's lightning being treated similar to real lightning? Iaian did mention that Atomic didn't teach him how to cut water yet so does that mean Atomic can slash intangible stuff (limited to lightning and possibly water)?
I would be in favor of it being treated as lightning, given that it's showing multiple properties relatively unique to lightning (like the static charge).

I see. In the past, it wasn't. But now if they are fine with treating it as real lighting, then no issues I guess.
It's true, we're treating it differently this time because of a few points that point to real lightning (or something very close to it). I'm not sure if new info was brought up or the people who were previously opposed aren't active, but since I haven't heard anything against the new reasons.

when I was talking about intangible stuff I meant lightning and water since you can't really interact with plasmas and liquids tangibly in the same way you can with solids despite AS doing something similar kinda like how haki users can touch people who go intangible via fire but not towards those who go intangible via NEP. I also for some reason forgot AS was getting beat up by ENW for some reason lol.

Just extrasensory perception

I'm pretty sure we agreed it's more electricity than lightning

It is rumored that Blast is supposedly the greatest psychic in the world, and his laser eyes (also rumored but not confirmed) could be similar to Psykos' ability to do the same, which is presumably done through her esper powers. I wonder if dimensional travel is an application of strong esper abilities, which would explain why Tatsumaki can sense it and understand what it is (although probably can't do it herself). Maybe Blast is actually just a ridiculously strong esper.

I'm not saying glass cannon. Physically I bet he's a god tier, and on top of that he might have esper powers that dwarf even Tatsumaki's.

Back