• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's clearly shown DS has a travel time as seen in this panel (I didn't notice it until he pointed that out) and the panel later where FF warns Sonic before it hits him. Unless Murata's portrayal of how the DS works was flawed, and the slash was actually meant to have infinite speed. The current evidence suggests the slash must travel to reach its targets, meaning it might not "ignore distance" in a way that makes its speed infinite. It could just mean Void can attack you regardless of your whereabouts in the multiverse thanks to his Multiverse Perception.

As for Blast referring to DS as a mere greeting from Void, it can just mean Void has more powerful hax in his arsenal of abilities.
The way Void slashes matters. He slashed in a way that the attack would travel towards them. The attack has to spawn from somewhere, and if he has control of where it spawns, he can just slash the target without making it travel towards them. FF was present in both cases and Void couldn't just slashed directly since he needs him. That's why the DS traveled.

The way Void slashes matters. He slashed in a way that the attack would travel towards them. The attack has to spawn from somewhere, and if he has control of where it spawns, he can just slash the target without making it travel towards them. FF was present in both cases and Void couldn't just slashed directly since he needs him. That's why the DS traveled.
That's the point. We don't know if he can do that. We are shown what DS does when it's manifested. It doesn't appear instantly on the target but from a distance and then travels towards the target. There's no reason for him to not just make the slash appear directly on Sonic without affecting FF if he could. When Sonic was struck FF didn't move an inch at all. He was blitzed. So whether FF was close to Sonic or not in that instance didn't matter.

That's the point. We don't know if he can do that. We are shown what DS does when it's manifested. It doesn't appear instantly on the target but from a distance and then travels towards the target.
So you're saying that when void strikes, the attacks randomly spawns at different location and travels to where he strikes. So if Void targets and directly slashes at a school from hyperspace, his attack would spawn from 6 blocks down the street and travel to the school instead of just spawning where he slashed at. That sounds ridiculous to me, idk, that would be a funny way for DS to work. 🤷‍♂️
. There's no reason for him to not just make the slash appear directly on Sonic without affecting FF if he could.
The AOE is too big. Just look what it did here and what it did to that mountain. FF would've gotten caught in it.
When Sonic was struck FF didn't move an inch at all. He was blitzed. So whether FF was close to Sonic or not in that instance didn't matter.
We don't know this, since the scene cuts to show a wide shot of the DS after FF warned Sonic. I'm pretty sure he had to move due to how close he and sonic were and the AOE of the slash being so big that it's able to do that to the mountain behind them. FF would've gotten minced if he didn't move, plus he's able to say a whole ass sentence before the attack reaches. I'm pretty sure he could move just as well, even if just barely.

So you're saying that when void strikes, the attacks randomly spawns at different location and travels to where he strikes. So if Void targets and directly slashes at a school from hyperspace, his attack would spawn from 6 blocks down the street and travel to the school instead of just spawning where he slashed at. That sounds ridiculous to me, idk, that would be a funny way for DS to work. 🤷‍♂️
I mean yeah, unless there are showings of the slash appearing directly at the target, which we probably never know. Currently we have no evidence he can do that, especially when the visual contradicts that. It also doesn't make sense that he didn't make the DS appear on the HA base instantly if he could. There's no harm in him cutting it at all.

Your other points even if are valid, still are not evidence that he can instantly make the slashes appear on the targets.

Context bro... He clearly needs FF to be God's next avatar, and doing that would obviously kill him and ruin his plans.
I don't understand. Then he shouldn't have done anything. It's also implied Blast dodged it multiple times in the past. It should make sense given that if the slash appears directly on the target it should be unavoidable. All this is null and void though because currently there are no showings he can do that and we have visual contracting the idea of the slash instantly spawning on the target's body when manifested.

Whatever this is still the worst accepted calc I've ever seen on VSB
Almost every verse uses perception timeframe for their speed calcs meanwhile OPM.
Funny that when you put the first and third options next to the second, it actually starts to look even more valid. Lmao. Especially that terrible 1-second assumption when we have plenty of evidence suggesting those lights couldn't last longer than what they just suggested.

Why has nobody calculated this absorption feat for Drive Knight? This looks like an upgrade.

aHR0cHM6Ly8xcHVuY2gub25saW5lLw%3D%3D
aHR0cHM6Ly8xcHVuY2gub25saW5lLw%3D%3D

It's not really that impressive
Idk how absorbing the electricity of an entire US state-sized landmass completely filled to the brim with dense metropolitan cities and only calling it "a little bit" is not impressive.

Have you seen a calculation or did you make that up?

I don't blog feats that I calc unless I think they'd be useful.

That is a massive highball. That is the size of a town at most.
if there is one, do you know where does the dragon heads' beams from psykos scales when it comes to speed? do they scale to her normal beam speed (mhs+ calc)?

can you tell me if you know?

This calc has z-city as 441km long. Electricity was blacked out to almost the mountains, which would be beyond the (at least livable) boundaries of the city.
NYC has a peak energy usage of 11,000 MWh. Absorbing all of that at once is 4e+13 Joules or 7-C.

Absorbing the entire US power supply would be a Low 7-B feat for reference. So it looks flashy but you're probably not getting an upgrade.

NYC has a peak energy usage of 11,000 MWh. Absorbing all of that at once is 4e+13 Joules or 7-C.

Absorbing the entire US power supply would be a Low 7-B feat for reference. So it looks flashy but you're probably not getting an upgrade.
NYC is only ~20km, this feat is easily a 200km stretch alone since that is the length of Tatsumaki's twist, which this feat extends far beyond.

NYC is only ~20km, this feat is easily a 200km stretch alone since that is the length of Tatsumaki's twist, which this feat extends far beyond.
I mean, the issue there is that you have no population density figure there. The city has been mostly emptied by the plot, with entire sections completely uninhabited.

Barring that, the entire Eastern USA seaboard, which houses 1/3rd of the population and total power generation, would only be High 7-C if you were to absorb all energy being generated in one second. The feat just isn't impressive for the tier they're at.

So since opm has a multiverse of infinite existing and infinitely spawning universes, wouldn’t that make the hyperspace a low 1-C structure?
Hyperspace is a concept related to parallel universes and higher dimensions. blast stated that he could not perceive this dimension. I thought this was the fifth dimension, not the fourth dimension

The "Fifth Dimension" of humans cannot be considered without the Universe Dimensions, or the Universe Dimensions cannot be defined and comprehended without accepting the existence of the "Fifth Dimension".

Back