• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I always thought that the first punch Saitama used on Boros is a punch that he usually used on humans. The reason off course is empathy and to teach him more about his doings rather than one shotting him.

I always thought that the first punch Saitama used on Boros is a punch that he usually used on humans. The reason off course is empathy and to teach him more about his doings rather than one shotting him.
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

I still stand by the belief that a Normal Punch is literally just Saitama punching with no effort exerted into it nor holding it back intentionally. Imagine standing in front of a punching bag, and as a "punch", all you do is ball your hand up and then throw it forward lazily, it's not gonna do anything, then compare that to an actual punch, even a jab is gonna have way more strength to it. The reason it's so inconsistent in terms of power is like, really, really easy to explain. We already know he naturally/passively gets stronger over time, day by day. Naturally it's gonna be inconsistent because that level of "Lazy, no effort power" is going to fluctuate. The more his full power changes, the more his unrestrained but also no-effort, "casual" power is going to change, as well. That's just common sense.

Adding to that, Saitama can still change his Normal Punch's and add a tiny bit of effort to them obviously. A Serious Punch is more so implied to be a punch where Saitama is legitimately trying to throw a real punch, which is why it has that name. Still not necessarily "full power", just not an effortless punch. Idk how to explain it better, but a good analogy imo is comparing Mike Tyson throwing a common straight punch (Serious Punch), versus Mike Tyson's infamous K.O. uppercut (theoretical "Max Power" attack from Saitama).

It certainly makes more sense than any other random theory that people make about his punch's in my opinion. But at the end of the day, the basic truth is that we literally just don't know the big difference/specifics to it, if there even is any beyond the surface of how it appears.

I still stand by the belief that a Normal Punch is literally just Saitama punching with no effort exerted into it nor holding it back intentionally. Imagine standing in front of a punching bag, and as a "punch", all you do is ball your hand up and then throw it forward lazily, it's not gonna do anything, then compare that to an actual punch, even a jab is gonna have way more strength to it. The reason it's so inconsistent in terms of power is like, really, really easy to explain. We already know he naturally/passively gets stronger over time, day by day. Naturally it's gonna be inconsistent because that level of "Lazy, no effort power" is going to fluctuate. The more his full power changes, the more his unrestrained but also no-effort, "casual" power is going to change, as well. That's just common sense.

Adding to that, Saitama can still change his Normal Punch's and add a tiny bit of effort to them obviously. A Serious Punch is more so implied to be a punch where Saitama is legitimately trying to throw a real punch, which is why it has that name. Still not necessarily "full power", just not an effortless punch. Idk how to explain it better, but a good analogy imo is comparing Mike Tyson throwing a common straight punch (Serious Punch), versus Mike Tyson's infamous K.O. uppercut (theoretical "Max Power" attack from Saitama).

It certainly makes more sense than any other random theory that people make about his punch's in my opinion. But at the end of the day, the basic truth is that we literally just don't know the big difference/specifics to it, if there even is any beyond the surface of how it appears.
Off course it's inconsistent, but to know how much he exert in a punch is by focusing on his intention.

And about this, I can respect subjective opinions and all that but bro Saitama is literally surprised at seeing Boros survive his first punch. It's mild surprise, but he still didn't expect it. And analyzing visual and dialogue clues, it's clear that after Saitama met an opponent who can survive his punch's, Saitama starts to just test Boros, which is why Saitama allows the fight to drag on, outright asking Boros if he's used all his tricks yet mid-fight because he wants to know if he's wasting his time on another disappointment or not, meanwhile Boros, who himself had grown bored due to power, was having the fight of his life, hell Saitama might have been a little jealous of Boros, lol.

But yeah the implication is that Saitama expected Boros to be the same as the random one hit nobodies he fights on a near daily basis, and as such intended to end it in another one-punch, and was pleasantly surprised to find that Boros is a bit different from all the others, however still ends up disappointed when he realizes that's all Boros is at the end of the day, just a bit different, then goes on with his life still hoping for the day that a real fight comes by him.

Off course it's inconsistent, but to know how much he exert in a punch is by focusing on his intention.
We have no idea how much he exerts in a specific punch, the only indication is if he uses some specific type of movement or when he outright names an attack, or how he might be reacting to an opponent either before or after a bunch. Even then it's still extremely vague.

I WILL SEE NOTIFICATIONS FROM THIS THREAD.

When Stinger defeated several sea clan creatures, were they individually Tiger level or Tiger as a whole.

Edit: nvm I already figured it out.

Back