• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I am indeed correct here and it's honestly surprising to me that people like Damage didn't call this out immediately.

Actually, I think he did, but didn't push it much. Rip.

I am indeed correct here and it's honestly surprising to me that people like Damage didn't call this out immediately.

Actually, I think he did, but didn't push it much. Rip.
Well, in that case, do a revision. Although this topic was discussed without you with other people who used the same arguments. However, the lifting was still accepted. But you can try.

Well, in that case, do a revision. Although this topic was discussed without you with other people who used the same arguments. However, the lifting was still accepted. But you can try.
Send link to those arguments because as far as I've seen nobody really argued much.

It was mostly just Ziller and others asserting their head canon that this was a push. Which isn't true. And also things like Therefir's comment above which also isn't true.

Send link to those arguments because as far as I've seen nobody really argued much.

It was mostly just Ziller and others asserting their head canon that this was a push. Which isn't true. And also things like Therefir's comment above which also isn't true.
👍

Therefir is wrong because in the anime Boros still kicks Saitama afterwards which unleashes his energy blasting him to space. This is done via AP.

ViZ3PLi.png
You really tried to pull a fast one dawg
the screenshot you posted doesn’t show shit except Boros lifting Saitama with his leg, he didn’t use an energy blast on him at all
you’re completely hallucinating rn

You really tried to pull a fast one dawg
the screenshot you posted doesn’t show shit except Boros lifting Saitama with his leg, he didn’t use an energy blast on him at all
you’re completely hallucinating rn
You mean kicking Saitama with his leg?

I can't believe how hard you are trying to defend this.

It's blatantly a kick and he blatantly does do one of his energy releases like every one of his Meteoric Burst attacks.

That's the whole reason it creates an energy beam and a massive explosion.

The redraw is even more clear about it being a strike rather than any kind of push or lift.
This is objectively wrong
it shows Boros, who was already making contact with saitama, lifting his leg.
This isn’t even a me trying to squeeze out Boros upgrades thing, this is you looking at an orange and calling it purple. Boros in the manga flies at saitama at a horizontal angle, and while already touching him, lifts him up. Because he was already making contact with Saitama, it is physically impossible that he had the ability to do a strike instead of a lift
ignoring the fact that the anime EXPLICITLY SHOWS BOROS LIFTING SAITAMA AFTER AN UNRELATED INITIAL STRIKE, the order of events in the manga literally makes it impossible for it to be a striking feat.
And nice try at a gotcha moment, but even if you’re going for semantics, windup doesn’t necessarily imply strike, unless you’re saying winding up a throw for a baseball is a striking feat too 🗿
I am perfectly allowed to be cocky right now, because this is something that was agreed even by skeptics to not be a real issue. It’s not that it was overlooked in previous discussion, it’s just that most people are aware that it’s not a valid counterargument.
No, in the anime it is also a strike with Boros propelling him through his latent energy boost shit.
This just never happened
how do I prove to you that oranges aren’t purple, when I show you the color orange and you call it purple. Boros struck saitama, which didn’t move him, and then he threw him into the air with LS using a SECOND kick. Just watch the scene man, I know I’ve seen it a thousand times.

It shows a kick.

There is no possible way you think that's a lift, be genuine, Ziller.

This isn’t even a me trying to squeeze out Boros upgrades thing, this is you looking at an orange and calling it purple. Boros in the manga flies at saitama at a horizontal angle, and while already touching him, lifts him up. Because he was already making contact with Saitama, it is physically impossible that he had the ability to do a strike instead of a lift
The way Saitama flies has nothing to do with anything.

Also, there's not an objective way you can even prove he was kicked horizontally as in both the anime and pre-redraw, it is very clear that he kicked upwards actually. And the angle in the redraw is uncertain, but his leg clearly goes all the way up signifying he kicked Saitama upwards so idek what this argument is about lol.

Even if it was a horizontal kick, it's still an impact of striking strength and energy AP. The way he flies has nothing to do with LS. If this is one of your biggest points, that's depressing.

anime EXPLICITLY SHOWS BOROS LIFTING SAITAMA AFTER AN UNRELATED INITIAL STRIKE
He lifts Saitama for a second and then kicks him upwards with his meteoric burst energy, doing the thing where he kicks all the way up.

The anime makes it very clear he is kicking and sending Saitama vertically btw.

It's blatantly a kick and he blatantly does do one of his energy releases like every one of his Meteoric Burst attacks.
image0.jpg

check your facts bro

Anyways let me indulge in your headcanon a bit. Did you know that a leaf blower has LS? In fact, even a pistol has LS. If you were to hypothetically just stick your finger right into the barrel, the pistol would need to lift your finger in order to fire a bullet
if you’re just saying Boros fired an energy bullet there (he did not) then at best, your argument is still no less wrong than it was before. Like it or not, he was already making contact with Saitama, so there would be no momentum regardless
and let’s say for the sake of the argument, that it isn’t true, that Boros’ energy can’t scale. Still not true, because meteoric burst Boros propels his body using the exact same energy that you claim he launched saitama with, so anything his energy can do, he can do, because it’s his energy that’s propelling his leg in the first place

so basically, your argument is layered hax (is bad on 3 levels)

It shows a kick.

There is no possible way you think that's a lift, be genuine, Ziller.
Incredible counterargument, but no
I could tell it was a lift back when I was like 13 watching the OPM anime for the first time, it never even crossed my mind that it could just be a strike, given how obvious the animation was
and the manga redraw only further cements that fact. From now on though, please don’t respond to actual arguments with “it’s a kick though, there’s no way it couldn’t be…”
The way Saitama flies has nothing to do with anything.

Also, there's not an objective way you can even prove he was kicked horizontally as in both the anime and pre-redraw, it is very clear that he kicked upwards actually. And the angle in the redraw is uncertain, but his leg clearly goes all the way up signifying he kicked Saitama upwards so idek what this argument is about lol.

Even if it was a horizontal kick, it's still an impact of striking strength and energy AP. The way he flies has nothing to do with LS. If this is one of your biggest points, that's depressing.
It’s a lift though bro, there’s no possible way you think it could be a kick, be genuine Phoenks.

Ziller he's drawn as moving his leg very quickly (Murata's motion blur sketchy artstyle is shown here) and we even see the impact explosion a bit (Similar to the ones shown in the image you posted of Boros' barrage).

This is not a lift.

NtoBe9q.png

Incredible counterargument, but no
I could tell it was a lift back when I was like 13 watching the OPM anime for the first time, it never even crossed my mind that it could just be a strike, given how obvious the animation was
and the manga redraw only further cements that fact. From now on though, please don’t respond to actual arguments with “it’s a kick though, there’s no way it couldn’t be…”
Ziller note that I actually wasn't responding to an "actual argument" there.

The snip I responded to was this:

"it shows Boros, who was already making contact with saitama, lifting his leg."

This was a claim you made. I made the claim that it isn't him lifting his leg. It is Boros kicking, as shown above. I don't know how anyone could mistake such an obvious strike as anything but a kick.

if you’re just saying Boros fired an energy bullet there (he did not) then at best, your argument is still no less wrong than it was before. Like it or not, he was already making contact with Saitama, so there would be no momentum regardless
Wdym, he still has the momentum from kicking Saitama after he made contact.

Also, we know that Boros can manipulate and project energy, which we clearly see him do here as well.

3wtLPSp.png

He creates and explosion and an upwards beam that blasts Saitama away. This is clearly projected from his kicking impact with Saitama.

meteoric burst Boros propels his body using the exact same energy that you claim he launched saitama with, so anything his energy can do, he can do, because it’s his energy that’s propelling his leg in the first place
Mhm, he can propel Saitama with his energy, this is true. And yeah, he scales to his own energy.

But, so what? That isn't lifting strength, that's AP.

It’s a lift though bro, there’s no possible way you think it could be a kick, be genuine Phoenks.
Isn't it convenient how when I actually debunk one of your "Actual arguments" you resort to this?

Why not actually dissect my claim if it's untrue?

In the anime here, as posted above, he is clearly striking Saitama upwards.

6dqKoOm.png

This is definetely not LS, we have to to consider the kinetic energy that Boros created while movin’ at those speeds

he definitely used the energy generated by those speeds to push him away.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Boros discussion rule is still in place, so discuss this stuff here.

In fact, discuss it on the Boros discussion thread anyway.

I’ll get to the rest later, but just going to put one of your misconceptions to rest now
the light beam from the kick is literally just a trajectory trail, no different from when flashy flash Garou and PSperm were jumping around
this is what Boros’ actual energy blasts look like
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

No resmblance

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Boros discussion rule is still in place, so discuss this stuff here.

Boros discussion rule only applies to trying to scale him above stuff (like orochi) even though nobody cared about it after like the first 2 weeks
but Boros discussion thread is simply superior anyways so I don’t mind moving

why can’t we talk about OPM’s characters in a opm thread? Shall we create a separated thread for each character then? Boros is one of the main things that keep this thread alive, lol

Boros discussion rule only applies to trying to scale him above stuff (like orochi) even though nobody cared about it after like the first 2 weeks
but Boros discussion thread is simply superior anyways so I don’t mind moving
My mistake.

But yeah, move the discussion elsewhere anyway. Preferably (on Phoenks' part, not yours) even a CRT if it goes that far.

it was clearly a strike, just the fact that boros was moving before hitting saitama, proofs it

theres no lifting there.

I’ll get to the rest later, but just going to put one of your misconceptions to rest now
the light beam from the kick is literally just a trajectory trail, no different from when flashy flash Garou and PSperm were jumping around
this is what Boros’ actual energy blasts look like
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

No resmblance
Surely you can't be serious right?

And I'm the one who is capping?

nmKJipK.png

GNSU4uw.png

if it’s just a trail then, every punch uses nothing but sheer strenght? what about the heat manipulation? Saying that those colored lines are trails means that he cannot casually create heat with his bare hands…

borosbros acts with convenience.

when needed, they say that the lines are trails and when needed they say that the lines are energy/heat manipulation 🤣

My mistake.

But yeah, move the discussion elsewhere anyway. Preferably (on Phoenks' part, not yours) even a CRT if it goes that far.
With all due respect I'm not obligated to move a discussion about Boros away from a discussion thread about OPM.

I can have a civil discussion here.

I mainly came here first to see what the arguments for him scaling to LS even were in the first place.

With all due respect, Boros discussions are ******* annoying and rampant as is. But I respect your choice not to do that.

Last edited:
If Boros is so strong and fast, then why is he dead? Even Garou is alive. That's all I'm saying.

Boros and Tatsumaki stans oppose eachother more intensely than even the most powerful OPM downplayer could ever oppose the verse.
theres a reason why this thread is going to 800 pages.
yall should be grateful for our existance, without us you are nothing, zero feedback.

Back