• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So Genos’ bright flash attack would scale to Garou’s GRB in terms of brightness considering Saitama’s reaction

Genos with the stadium punch 2.0

Now give him an offscreen cloud split against Extended Family of Darkness and the circle will be complete, so people can stop scaling Gouketsu above Metal Knight and Platinum when Genos proceeds to struggle with regular dragons like 5 more times in a row

Now give him an offscreen cloud split against Extended Family of Darkness and the circle will be complete, so people can stop scaling Gouketsu above Metal Knight and Platinum when Genos proceeds to struggle with regular dragons like 5 more times in a row
I wouldn’t say regular, the monsters were steadily growing in strength as well

I wouldn’t say regular, the monsters were steadily growing in strength as well
"Regular when you compare them to Platinum's speed, Rover's durability and Homeless's Offense. I've got a problem with so many people ranking him above all of those guys in their own categories because "high demon Genos statement" and cloud split. They're not all going to individually be >>> cadres tier"

Webcomic Genos stomps anybody past that point though and the manga literally one ups it.

Webcomic Genos stomps anybody past that point though and the manga literally one ups it.
Past which point? He almost died when he fought "Extended Family of Darkness" (who had ... two panels of screen time?) and then competed evenly with the trio of Organization dragons. Sure, his 30 second mode would have stomped them but that an upgrade and a transformation beyond the point I proposed giving him a cloud split at

"Regular when you compare them to Platinum's speed, Rover's durability and Homeless's Offense. I've got a problem with so many people ranking him above all of those guys in their own categories because "high demon Genos statement" and cloud split. They're not all going to individually be >>> cadres tier"
That would be speculation for now. The narrative has already changed. He’s a dragon soloer now.

Past which point? He almost died when he fought "Extended Family of Darkness" (who had ... two panels of screen time?) and then competed evenly with the trio of Organization dragons. Sure, his 30 second mode would have stomped them but that an upgrade and a transformation beyond the point I proposed giving him a cloud split at
I think there is one thing a lot of people miss about Genos' battle against the Extended Family of Darkness. He fights while severely handicapped there. Since it is inside a city, he can't use the full extent of his cannons and the number of opponents makes it harder to protect it as well. Blue's fight was tampered with while Flash and Tatsumaki completely failed. The latter even notes how the aim of monsters was specifically damaging the city.

Later on, he kills another dragon with zero-damage while fighting alongside Drive Knight without 30 seconds mode.

That would be speculation for now. The narrative has already changed. He’s a dragon soloer now.
I'm 100% speculating.

In fact, calling it speculation would be gratuitous because I'm really just indulging in a flight of fancy right now, I'd just like this version of Genos to be physically Gouketsu's equal. The dust cloud definitely feels like a call-back to the stadium punch but there's no crater (unless that mine is somehow a crater??) to back that up directly.

Also, my suggestion would mean a new cloud split calc you could scale multiple dragons to

I'm 100% speculating.

In fact, calling it speculation would be gratuitous because I'm really just indulging in a flight of fancy right now, I'd just like this version of Genos to be physically Gouketsu's equal. The dust cloud definitely feels like a call-back to the stadium punch but there's no crater (unless that mine is somehow a crater??) to back that up directly.

Also, my suggestion would mean a new cloud split calc you could scale multiple dragons to
It is a call-back to Saitama's Death Punch

I'm 100% speculating.

He should scale in some way to 10 second mode. We just need a statement confirming.

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDA5MzY5Mzk1NTAlMkY5MTcyNTI2MTI3MDgwMDM5MTElMkZwXzQ0LmpwZw==

I'm 100% speculating.

It ain’t a call back to the stadium punch, it’s a call back to saitama almost fisting his face.

and why the agenda of wanting him to be equal to Goketsu. That’s the most random scaling anyone would want.

i mean, he was dragon even in his base form on MA arc

while weakned he heavily injuried that ****** monster and fought black sperm

If we take the callback at face value, and consider that this Genos = Chapter 14 Saitama, then he's capable of one shotting Carnage Mode Carnage Kabuto

It is a call-back to Saitama's Death Punch
Gouketsu's punch against Bakuzan was also a reference to the first Saitama vs Genos spar in the mountains, dust, surrender and all.

Obviously the point of it is that Genos has finally acheived the ultra high level of physical strength he's been looking for only to find that it's not worth much in the grand scheme of things, since he's still using Saitama as a measuring stick
and why the agenda of wanting him to be equal to Goketsu. That’s the most random scaling anyone would want.
I've said just now that I'm tired of Gouketsu being scaled over Rover, EC, Platinum, Metal Knight full arsenal, etc, etc. I think he's in the top 50% percentile of dragons, but not the absolute top.

And as someone who spent hours calcing Gouketsu's cloud split only for it to not figure into scaling and then be cut out of the discussion entirely due to the angle, It'd be really satisfying to see that work pay off in a way while putting my favorite characters in a higher tier I think they deserve.

Back