• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I honestly didn't see the mad cyborg being anything above like 6-C or high 6-C, but now with ten second mode and potentially godlike genos, we could get moon level cyborg for some reason, that's crazy.
Being real I'm shocked society hasn't imploded due to how ridiculously short this timeframe is.
Garou most certainly killed thousands of people with his fa jin insanity but law enforcement gave him a slap on the wrist.

I think you guys are too quick to judge whether Genos is wrong about Mad Cyborg or not. There are too many variables.

First of all, what Genos says doesn't necessarily mean that "It would be a tough challenge." It could easily be that Mad Cyborg is crazily strong by normal standards and Saitama would notice it.

Besides, Genos notes that Mad Cyborg "is particularly vicious" even according to Hero Association records. This can be interpreted in many ways. One could say he is truly someone with extraordinary strength. On the other hand, Vaccine Man was the strongest monster HA faced by the beginning of the series. But this statement could also be false due to insufficient data (HA was newly built) or concealed information. We know that "EC vs Blast" was hidden from the public and then there is "God". My point is that it can play out either way.

And the most important part is about whether Genos' perspective is distorted or not. For instance, most people think that Genos overestimates Mad Cyborg due to childhood trauma. That's fair. But Genos also has seen his own share of destruction and death. He constantly deals with stress and he also seems someone capable enough to judge such things from an objective standpoint. Even if we assumed that his trauma overrides these, he is also obsessed with Saitama. It is unlikely he would place Mad Cyborg so highly even with trauma.

All of this might very well be Genos' ego as well. At the very beginning, we see that Genos talks about how he thought "nobody besides him" could match Mad Cyborg. So if Genos thinks his BoS-self is as strong as Mad Cyborg, doesn't that mean that Mad Cyborg is actually weak? Or maybe he just placed himself on a high pedestal and saw just how wide the world is after his ego got shattered and now realizes the cyborg's true strength.

Genos' perceived strength of Saitama is another problem as well. We could actually ignore this one thanks to my first point but I want to expand on it. While Genos is obsessed with Saitama, he always gives a fair assessment of his strength based on what he has seen. He gets surprised by his "Death Punch" and later on, he seems surprised that Saitama can stop the meteor. During Alien Conquerers arc, he gets taken back when he learns that Saitama has been launched to the moon. All of these feats one-up the previous ones. So how strong Saitama is according to Genos? The greatest feat he knows of is the destruction of Jupiter. Tier 5/4 Mad Cyborg might seem a stretch but we saw how Awakened Garou ended up.

If we dismiss the Jupiter feat, we get more reasonable levels. Genos places Saitama at the multi-continental level. This might also seem out there for most but it is actually very believable. It seems to be the benchmark level where Saitama holds the faintest traces of memory monsters and MA arc Genos could already produce that level of firepower. Besides, if Mad Cyborg is one of the bosses of the Organization, it would make sense that he is at Orochi level or higher. The Organization has the most built-up in the series and has already analyzed MA. Metal Knight also seems to fear it more than MA and Drive Knight has a piece from Psykorochi.

Don't get me started about whether Genos' memories are reliable or not. In Season 2 OVA 3 we see how easily his memories can be altered. In "A Festival with Saitama", he says that his memories might be fake. In the most recent chapters, we see that his core also serves as memory space. Besides this, there are many ominous points about Genos across the series, with him being implied to be a monster on at least three different occasions. We even have the "Genos is the Mad Cyborg" theory.

So is Mad Cyborg really that strong? Will he get one-shotted? Is he Genos? Is he alive? Does he exist?

I feel like ONE is playing 5-D chess with us.

978941678591311872.webp

Garou most certainly killed thousands of people with his fa jin insanity but law enforcement gave him a slap on the wrist.
Well, he didn't kill anyone with that as the shockwaves only seem to have lifted an unhabitated continent so it's kinda irrelevant to bring it up

tatsumaki and psykorochi just extinguished many species of animals

this shows psykorochi’s hypocrisy on her discuss about killing only rational beings

nvm she said she was going to absorb ALL living beings

what if genos did not appear, tatsumaki got killed and psykorochi wins the battle? blasts appears or saitama neggs?

Genos wasn’t underestimating Saitama, he was saying that if Saitama had defeated him he would have stuff out because the Cyborg was just that powerful.

some of you guys seem to lack a brain if your conclusion is that he underestimated saitama. First of all, he knows of the battle with Garou on IO, so no.

the only conclusion here is either he overestimates the Cyborg, or he is actually that stupendously strong. And we have Blast and Garou, why would another person being that strong be weird? Blast is cosmically power and he didn’t even accept powers from God.

some of you guys seem to lack a brain if your conclusion is that he underestimated saitama. First of all, he knows of the battle with Garou on IO, so no.

the only conclusion here is either he overestimates the Cyborg, or he is actually that stupendously strong. And we have Blast and Garou, why would another person being that strong be weird? Blast is cosmically power and he didn’t even accept powers from God.
because (at least for me)it will be really forced to make a character that strong just because yes.
and hear me out,blast group is strong,but that make senses,the mad cyborg being levels of cosmic garou or blast,that will not make sense

He most likely overstimates the Cyborg. I mean, that Genos was just a child with no information analysis abilities. And regardless how strong the cyborg is, there is no way he showed a destruction of power capability somewhat comparable to destroying an entire planet with an sneeze without HA noticing, it damaging God's seal, or Blast himself coming there to end the cyborg.

Mad Cyborg may end being strong (he should, in fact, end being at least comparable to 10 seconds Mode Genos but without the time limit for it to be somewhat remarkable. It'd be dumb if it ended up being fodder), but for Genos to think Saitama would remember him for being strong seems like he's overstimating the cyborg.

Mad Cyborg may end being strong (he should, in fact, end being at least comparable to 10 seconds Mode Genos but without the time limit for it to be somewhat remarkable. It'd be dumb if it ended up being fodder), but for Genos to think Saitama would remember him for being strong seems like he's overstimating the cyborg.
he definitely remembered Boros for being strong so, I guess he could be high 6-A or something

This will sound crazy, but imagine that since the power of the manga characters exceeds that of the webcomic, this would mean that mumen rider with a neo heroes suit could destroy a dragon level.

Back