• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Funny how in a chapter after the Boros arc, Saitama said this. It’s almost like Boros wasn’t that relevant to him or something-
“Almost a real fight” means it wasn’t a real fight, saitama not feeling anything doesn’t change anything and I’m also pretty sure I’ve had to explain this to you before
Boros was nothing relative to Saitama, which we know, but saitama clearly sees Boros as very strong generally speaking. He’s just not using himself as a measuring stick since he knows that he’s trillions of times stronger regardless

But at the very least, I don’t see why we can’t agree that armored Boros possibly has higher durability than orochi for enduring his normal punch while orochi was obliterated by it

But at the very least, I don’t see why we can’t agree that armored Boros possibly has higher durability than orochi for enduring his normal punch while orochi was obliterated by it
Because normal punches do not have consistent strength.

Actually, I wonder if that’s the case
Although we can say for certain that normal punches are always weaker than serious punches, I think I remember there being some kind of evidence that saitama’s first normal punch in a fight is consistent
I’m going to go check

Oh, and coincidentally it is a Boros scan
I mean it’s clearly not the most solid piece of evidence, but I think that it is very implicit that saitama usually leads the battle with a consistent punch to test the opponent’s strength.
What are your thoughts on it?

It doesn’t really matter if it’s fiction, it’s just that the chances are already a cosmic exception since Boros has been around the universe and fought the strongest people on each planet and shitstomped them in armored form. You can’t deny that the chances of there being two beings who can beat Boros on the same planet are basically impossible odds.
Like, if saitama’s existence was already one in a million, orochi being stronger than Boros too would be like one in a trillion
Nobody can deny that there’s a very slim chance that orochi is stronger, and definitely a 0% chance that he was written to be stronger.
Yeah, it is fiction. You bringing up cosmic chances has literally nothing to do with anything, and certainly isn't the point you think it is. By this logic, Garou and Evil Ocean Water are weaker because the chances of are too low. And don't give me 'they're exceptions to the prophecy', because there's never actually a statement.

Also, and we don't know if Earth is just an outlier and has a much higher chance in general than the percentages you're making up.
“This level of impact”

Your own wording there quite literally implies that Boros is > orochi
No it doesn't. It just implies there's a level of impact to Boros' punches.
they certainly made a big deal out of Garou hitting saitama with a 5-C consecutive normal punches, or perhaps even saitama being temporarily out of commission after being hit with a high 4-C gamma ray burst
No it isn't because Garou literally tells us that Saitama is still alive, and he's still holding back.

Yeah, it is fiction. You bringing up cosmic chances has literally nothing to do with anything, and certainly isn't the point you think it is. By this logic, Garou and Evil Ocean Water are weaker because the chances of are too low. And don't give me 'they're exceptions to the prophecy', because there's never actually a statement.

Also, and we don't know if Earth is just an outlier and has a much higher chance in general than the percentages you're making up.
As cryo said earlier, it is implied that earth is generally considered a weak planet. So no, it is most likely not earth that is the outlier, rather just saitama.
No it doesn't. It just implies there's a level of impact to Boros' punches.
“Given that he's shown to be unharmed by this level of impact, narratively they wouldn't repeat that kind of thing.”
“This level of impact”
This statement only makes sense because it assume that Orochi has the same level or lower impact as Boros did. Do you see what I mean?
No it isn't because Garou literally tells us that Saitama is still alive, and he's still holding back.
Well yes he was holding back, but saitama was still visibly shocked by consecutive normal punches and was concerned about the damage grb would do to everything around him, something that he hasn’t done with anything before that, so it is still very clearly shown that saitama recognizes Garou as a new level of strength that he hasn’t seen before. And as you implied, only something that’s not equal to or weaker than Boros would warrant saitama reacting to them being strong.

On another note, I noticed a cool little effect on Cosmic Garou’s speech bubbles, they’re drawn as if they’re layered on top of eachother and someone else is speaking over garou or at the same time as garou, which is likely a reference to it partially being God talking through Garou since he’s a pseudo-vessel. Thanks Murata/ONE for the neat little detail there.

As cryo said earlier, it is implied that earth is generally considered a weak planet. So no, it is most likely not earth that is the outlier, rather just saitama.
When and by whom? In any case, The Dark Matter Thieves basically admitted that this was a gross underestimation when they're huddled together from Tatsumaki's attacks.

Edit: Is it this statement from Melzalgald, who couldn't even harm Bang at his weakest?
“Given that he's shown to be unharmed by this level of impact, narratively they wouldn't repeat that kind of thing.”

“This level of impact”
This statement only makes sense because it assume that Orochi has the same level or lower impact as Boros did. Do you see what I mean?
No. It just sort of implies that Orochi isn't stronger than Boros to the point of one-shotting him, since we see Saitama do that repeatedly.
Well yes he was holding back, but saitama was still visibly shocked by consecutive normal punches and was concerned about the damage grb would do to everything around him, something that he hasn’t done with anything before that, so it is still very clearly shown that saitama recognizes Garou as a new level of strength that he hasn’t seen before.
If that's the case, then, wouldn't Orochi still only be weaker than the CSRC even if you were right?
And as you implied, only something that’s not equal to or weaker than Boros would warrant saitama reacting to them being strong.
Again, no I ******* didn't.

And, even if I did (since I personally believe Boros > Orochi physically), this isn't something that can go on the profiles.

Last edited:
When and by whom? In any case, The Dark Matter Thieves basically admitted that this was a gross underestimation when they're huddled together from Tatsumaki's attacks.
blast and the gang, it seems.
No. It just implies that Orochi isn't stronger than Boros to the point of one-shotting him, since we see Saitama do that repeatedly.
So Orochi isn’t a one shot above Boros then? That’s still a very important thing to note, then.
If that's the case, then, wouldn't Orochi still only be weaker than the CSRC?
this line of argument stemmed from the “he took damage” line from the narrator, which is a clear indication that the attack that Boros took was stronger than anything from before (yes I know he hadn’t fought orochi yet) but mainly is just an indication of Boros’ strength, while there is nothing of the sort for orochi.

blast and the gang, it seems.
They're some of the strongest beings in the series, and confirmed to be above Tats. So I'm not sold.
this line of argument stemmed from the “he took damage” line from the narrator, which is a clear indication that the attack that Boros took was stronger than anything from before (yes I know he hadn’t fought orochi yet) but mainly is just an indication of Boros’ strength, while there is nothing of the sort for orochi.
Yes, but the CSRC was the greatest level of strength he actually showed in that fight. Refer to the original point.

I haven't watched some OPM CRTs, so I wanted someone to tell me something. What happened to Blast's 4A through Spatial Manipulation? I remember that at some point he had this. What happened?

And, even if I did (since I personally believe Boros > Orochi physically), this isn't something that can go on the profiles.
Only partially related, but I’ve conclude that if Boros were to have a possibly higher rating that was scaling above orochi then we’d need to make a blog detailing the exact reasons why, since we couldn’t fit it into the profile in a way that makes sense.
It’d go into the whole thing with him calling Boros strong a lot, maybe the questionably partially correct prophecy, but mainly about the logic of saitama sorta calling orochi weak in multiple ways, and boros enduring a few normal punches while orochi got pulverized by it.

Only partially related, but I’ve conclude that if Boros were to have a possibly higher rating that was scaling above orochi then we’d need to make a blog detailing the exact reasons why, since we couldn’t fit it into the profile in a way that makes sense.
It’d go into the whole thing with him calling Boros strong a lot, maybe the questionably partially correct prophecy, but mainly about the logic of saitama sorta calling orochi weak in multiple ways, and boros enduring a few normal punches while orochi got pulverized by it.
Idk. It might be worth a go.

Just don't use like half of this and we should be golden.

They're some of the strongest beings in the series, and confirmed to be above Tats. So I'm not sold.
I mean yeah they’re strong, but the point is that these guys are clearly from a bunch of different races (including Boros’ race from the other side of the universe) and didn’t consider earth to have anyone other than saitama who could deal with cosmic Garou
And actually thinking about it, maybe not being strong enough to beat cosmic Garou doesn’t really mean much…nor is there really any chance that Boros is 4-A, so disregard this point as well I guess

I mean yeah they’re strong, but the point is that these guys are clearly from a bunch of different races (including Boros’ race from the other side of the universe) and didn’t consider earth to have anyone other than saitama who could deal with cosmic Garou
And actually thinking about it, maybe not being strong enough to beat cosmic Garou doesn’t really mean much…nor is there really any chance that Boros is 4-A, so disregard this point as well I guess
If it's about Cosmic Garou, then it means beyond nothing.

Even if they were strong enough initially, they wouldn't be after he adapted and copied them.

But didn't Blast and his friends use their powers to redirect energy? This doesn't just seem like a feat of durability for Blast portals.
they teleported the attack, and the portal was durable enough to not shatter from it, that’s all
although I had a crt to also scale blast to at most 4-A physically anyways since pre-sp^2 cosmic Garou was capable of breaking some of blast’s smaller portals.

they teleported the attack, and the portal was durable enough to not shatter from it, that’s all
although I had a crt to also scale blast to at most 4-A physically anyways since pre-sp^2 cosmic Garou was capable of breaking some of blast’s smaller portals.
Did they teleport the explosion? What I see is them redirecting the blast and it going in a straight line.

We should return capital punishment specifically for these kinds of comments.
thanos-vanish.gif

Back