• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
redoing it the way you propose is unnecessary as it requires you to make the assumption that these are "artistic representations" of his slashes, which is a bit of a leap to make just because there are more pieces than we would assume.
I say this because we see time and time again that enemies shrouded in his slashes are reduced to pieces that are mathematically impossible with the amount of lines presented to us. I don’t there’s any leaps in logic, and I’d say these lines seemingly stretching far beyond whatever is being cut, yet not cutting apart anything but the opponent would go out to show they’re nothing but artistic impressions.

I say this because we see time and time again that enemies shrouded in his slashes are reduced to pieces that are mathematically impossible with the amount of lines presented to us.
Drawings can't be perfectly accurate
I’d say these lines seemingly stretching far beyond whatever is being cut,
Yes, that is how you cut things, you go through them If you stopped on contact you wouldn't be that effective. When people cut water bottles with swords, the line their sword follows is longer than the water bottle is wide, nobody calls that absurd.
yet not cutting apart anything but the opponent
Because the blade has a fixed length...

btw can someone tell me why we rate Atomic Samurai's sword slashes as its own thing instead of just being his normal speed?

Drawings can't be perfectly accurate
I’m not even saying it’s inconsistent, it’s just artistic liberation.
Yes, that is how you cut things, you go through them If you stopped on contact you wouldn't be that effective. When people cut water bottles with swords, the line their sword follows is longer than the water bottle is wide, nobody calls that absurd.
That’s clearly not the case with AS though, these lines sometimes reach well beyond the opponent and such a thing should be cutting the ground apart.
Even when he cut the rock Genos landed on the surrounding area should have also been cut severally considering the lines clearly reach beyond that area.
Because the blade has a fixed length...
Yet the “lines” we see stretch far beyond the fixed length of the blade, while clearly affecting nothing more than the opponent being cut. That’s why I say they shouldn’t be taken seriously.

I don't see how in a world of superheroes, gods, galaxy busters, mystical martial arts, and aliens, this is where you draw the plausibility line.
When discussing the legitimacy of these sword lines I think we should point out how the debris produced by his Atomic Slash never matches the number of slashes he apparently dishes out. So while arguing whether they’re artistic liberations or not, yes I draw the line here.

That’s clearly not the case with AS though, these lines sometimes reach well beyond the opponent and such a thing should be cutting the ground apart.
They almost never hit the ground.
Even when he cut the rock Genos landed on the surrounding area should have also been cut severally considering the lines clearly reach beyond that area.
It's a flat expanse, what is there to cut?

They almost never hit the ground.

It's a flat expanse, what is there to cut?
The lines are shown to go several dozen meters into the air while cutting the rock, yet the lines which cut directly down just stops on the rock? I’m telling you such a thing ain’t possible unless these lines are just special effects.

I think we should point out how the debris produced by his Atomic Slash never matches the number of slashes he apparently dishes out.
Because it would take days to make sure all the pieces match up, days a manga artist doesn't have. It's the same as a character being 5'11, but looking only 3 inches shorter than the 6'5 character. Demon slayer had an example of this very thing.

The whole topic is just wild to me.
The lines are shown to go several dozen meters into the air while cutting the rock, yet the lines which cut directly down just stops on the rock?
Yes, because that's where he stops cutting... it's almost like the lines are meant to show where his cuts occurred...

Like what would his reason be, lines or not, to cut the ground he needs to fight on?

I say this because we see time and time again that enemies shrouded in his slashes are reduced to pieces that are mathematically impossible with the amount of lines presented to us. I don’t there’s any leaps in logic, and I’d say these lines seemingly stretching far beyond whatever is being cut, yet not cutting apart anything but the opponent would go out to show they’re nothing but artistic impressions.
If you do that, you'll get MFTL+, I guess

I don't mean to interfere, but One-Punch Man's book states that Atomic Samurai does 100 hits during Atomic Slash in a fraction of a second. It seems to me that it is possible to work with it.

I don't mean to interfere, but One-Punch Man's book states that Atomic Samurai does 100 hits during Atomic Slash in a fraction of a second. It seems to me that it is possible to work with it.
I think this should be applied in case by case basis.
Because it would take days to make sure all the pieces match up, days a manga artist doesn't have. It's the same as a character being 5'11, but looking only 3 inches shorter than the 6'5 character. Demon slayer had an example of this very thing.
It’s not the same, the only way this would be a contradiction is if these lines are actually confirmed to be his number of slashes. They aren’t, they could easily be artistic liberations, and the evidence leans more to support this idea.
The whole topic is just wild to me.

Yes, because that's where he stops cutting... it's almost like the lines are meant to show where his cuts occurred...
so his slashes just randomly traverse dozens of meters in one direction and then just suddenly stops because why not? I don’t think you understand what I’m saying, I think you’re mislead.
Like what would his reason be, lines or not, to cut the ground he needs to fight on?
He’s not cutting the ground, the shockwave produced from the slash would quite literally have to cut the ground if these slashes are what you say they are.

His whole schtick is that he is so "skilled" that he can cut hundreds of times and reduce his opponents to grinded meat, it's not "artistic representation" it's as literal as it gets 🗿.

His whole schtick is that he is so "skilled" that he can cut hundreds of times and reduce his opponents to grinded meat, it's not "artistic representation" it's as literal as it gets 🗿.
My point is that these slashes that we see may not accurately represent the number of attacks he dish out, as seen by the results left by them. Hundreds of pieces being left behind by supposedly 40 attacks.

It's not related to your topic, but... To be honest, I think Atomic Slash is trash. The Atomic Samurai thinks it's a genius technique, when it's actually a bunch of random hits that even the Samurai himself can't perceive. There is no technicality or dexterity here, only speed.

My point is that these slashes that we see may not accurately represent the number of attacks he dish out, as seen by the results left by them. Hundreds of pieces being left behind by supposedly 40 attacks.
And? Do you actually pretend that Murata tracks every slash and draws every cut accurately? Don't be ridiculous.

Even if it was ultimately retconned, the Focused Atomic Slash (basically slashing hundreds of times on a concentrated point, completely erasing the target) is the story admitting that the amount of slashes Atomic makes are absurd

It's not related to your topic, but... To be honest, I think Atomic Slash is trash. The Atomic Samurai thinks it's a genius technique, when it's actually a bunch of random hits that even the Samurai himself can't perceive. There is no technicality or dexterity here, only speed.
Atomic Slash is an exaggerated and redundant attack as a single sword slash would be enough to finish the job, and when a really strong opponent appears, it becomes straight up useless.

Probably one of the reasons why I like Flashy way more.

Atomic Slash is an exaggerated and redundant attack as a single sword slash would be enough to finish the job, and when a really strong opponent appears, it becomes straight up useless.

Tbf the only ones to actually survive one where a duplicating monster and other monster made of acid that melted his sword

so his slashes just randomly traverse dozens of meters in one direction and then just suddenly stops because why not?
What I'm saying is he clearly controls where they go. There's no reason to believe these lines from his slashes are out of his control seeing as he makes them.
He’s not cutting the ground, the shockwave produced from the slash would quite literally have to cut the ground if these slashes are what you say they are.
Shock waves can dissipate.

Edit: I also never made the assertion they were shock waves because that's besides the point.

Facts, he sucks. Clare’s Quicksword better.

@ByAsura

I noticed a very interesting thing.

First, the distance that the trio of heroes flew. In this calculation, it is found through the head of Genos, but let's be honest, this is not the best way to find the distance. The fact is that Genos's head is very poorly detailed in this scene, I'm almost sure that Murata did not try to convey the exact distance to them with such a small head size in this frame. It seems to me that it is better to find the distance to them through the form of Psycos. Her height can be calculated through Genos's head on the next frame (His head is much more detailed, it's safer).

Plus, earlier in this calculation, the distance to the head of Genos was taken, and Genos is many meters further than Psykos. We need exactly the distance to Psycos itself.

About throw speed. Why are we used 2 kilometers per second? I mean, it's more like calk stacking, because 2km throw scene was before that scene. Since then, the position of Psykos has changed, as we see here. She got a lot closer.

But, even if we are allowed to use speed like here (Although these are different scenes, it also seems to me that TTM slowed down the speed of the throwing of the building, because before his buildings overtook the beams of Psycos, and now we get that the building he threw in hundreds of times slower than her beams. Besides, there were heroes inside the building, maybe he did not throw this building at full speed so that they would not get hurt), we could calculate the height at which Psycos is here and find a new throwing speed. I don't think it's half the height of the tower. But I prefer to find her height here.

These are the new changes that I would like to touch on in this calculation, in addition to the comparison with the crack.

P.S, the distance to Psykos in the first case will increase the result, and the height at which Psykos is located will decrease the result.

What do you think?
@ByAsura

I did it.

This should downgrade Samurai to MHS.
This is cool. Thanks. Although, like Kachon said, our boy is still MHS+.

Flashy would definitely be rank 3 if he reported all his feats. He’s stronger than bang and more skilled than atomic, as well as being faster than everyone except blast, saitama, platinum sperm, Garou, Boros, and probably the ninja leader

Regardless, I like drive knight better than both Flashy and Atomic, making him technically the coolest sword fighter.

That and AS also got almost all of his Skill feats cheated out of him by redraws. R.i.P Focused Atomic Slash and Analytical prediction resistance, even Iaian and the disciples have better skill showings with the dodge hair with intent sensing thing.
If the plot goes the webcomic route he might get cellular level precision with his cuts, however.

We literally have the guidebook which says he can split atoms though
That's very clear hyperbole tho. Dude got absurdly impressed by "King cutting through the gaps in an Apple's cells" refering to it as a divine technique. Not to mention this level of precision is something only Cosmic Garou has (arguably) shown with Nuclear fission fist

That's very clear hyperbole tho. Dude got absurdly impressed by "King cutting through the gaps in an Apple's cells" refering to it as a divine technique. Not to mention this level of precision is something only Cosmic Garou has (arguably) shown with Nuclear fission fist
Not really. Also pretty sure that king thing never happened in the manga yet, and cosmic Garou being one of two characters with atomic precision isn’t an anti feat in any way.

WC only, right?

Back