• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ziller, i see you as a father figure
OIP.FyXzfrtSxGu99VaoCxBMnAHaKL

Maybe. That's why I said at least.

But, I don't want to do the CRT myself.
I said I wouldn't do the CRT, but I'll do that, the HoE downgrade, the Saitama RE change, the Psykos changes, and the speed changes if the Psykos speed calc gets adjusted.

I mean releasing energy is quite literally the opposite of concentrated
Releasing energy into one massive explosion isn't concentrated but releasing it into a beam that heads in one direction isn't. Plasma enough to destroy the surface of the earth would be much larger than the size of CSRC which is only around tens of times bigger than Boros body.
also the beam is a lot larger than Boros my guy, so your argument is quite literally completely made up (ignoring how irrelevant it is to begin with)
For the beam to be able to destroy the surface of the Earth without it being concentrated it would have to be multicontinental in size when even if you said it was 100x bigger than Boros wouldn't even be country level.

It's similar to Cell's solar kamehameha where his beam isn't even city sized but is enough to destroy the solar system despite the amount of raw energy required to do needing to be large enough to encompass all planets and the sun within the solar system.

It seems like we really won't agree on this so agree to disagree for real this time.
With physical force, this is true, but for a heat canon of plasma, it's the opposite.

A 2 cm wide line of 2000 degree plasma is less energy than a 5 meter wide line of 2000 degree plasma because you heated up a larger area.\ to get it to that point.
From Energy.gov "CSP technologies use mirrors to reflect and concentrate sunlight onto a receiver. The energy from the concentrated sunlight heats a high temperature fluid in the receiver.

This heat - also known as thermal energy - can be used to spin a turbine or power an engine to generate electricity
"

According to the site it says that concentrating the sunlight into one point heats up said specific thing - it should be fair to assume that the thermal energy from the concentrated sunlight > non-concentrated sunlight as otherwise they wouldn't be using the technology in the first place.

Both plasma and sunlight produce thermal energy so I don't see why it wouldn't work the same but feel free to tell me why.

Releasing energy into one massive explosion isn't concentrated but releasing it into a beam that heads in one direction isn't. Plasma enough to destroy the surface of the earth would be much larger than the size of CSRC which is only around tens of times bigger than Boros body.

For the beam to be able to destroy the surface of the Earth without it being concentrated it would have to be multicontinental in size when even if you said it was 100x bigger than Boros wouldn't even be country level.

It's similar to Cell's solar kamehameha where his beam isn't even city sized but is enough to destroy the solar system despite the amount of raw energy required to do needing to be large enough to encompass all planets and the sun within the solar system.

It seems like we really won't agree on this so agree to disagree for real this time.

From Energy.gov "CSP technologies use mirrors to reflect and concentrate sunlight onto a receiver. The energy from the concentrated sunlight heats a high temperature fluid in the receiver.

This heat - also known as thermal energy - can be used to spin a turbine or power an engine to generate electricity
"

According to the site it says that concentrating the sunlight into one point heats up said specific thing - it should be fair to assume that the thermal energy from the concentrated sunlight > non-concentrated sunlight as otherwise they wouldn't be using the technology in the first place.

Both plasma and sunlight produce thermal energy so I don't see why it wouldn't work the same but feel free to tell me why.
Releasing energy is literally the exact opposite of concentrating it my guy, this shouldn’t even be debatable.

@ByAsura

I noticed a very interesting thing.

First, the distance that the trio of heroes flew. In this calculation, it is found through the head of Genos, but let's be honest, this is not the best way to find the distance. The fact is that Genos's head is very poorly detailed in this scene, I'm almost sure that Murata did not try to convey the exact distance to them with such a small head size in this frame. It seems to me that it is better to find the distance to them through the form of Psycos. Her height can be calculated through Genos's head on the next frame (His head is much more detailed, it's safer).

Plus, earlier in this calculation, the distance to the head of Genos was taken, and Genos is many meters further than Psykos. We need exactly the distance to Psycos itself.

About throw speed. Why are we used 2 kilometers per second? I mean, it's more like calk stacking, because 2km throw scene was before that scene. Since then, the position of Psykos has changed, as we see here. She got a lot closer.

But, even if we are allowed to use speed like here (Although these are different scenes, it also seems to me that TTM slowed down the speed of the throwing of the building, because before his buildings overtook the beams of Psycos, and now we get that the building he threw in hundreds of times slower than her beams. Besides, there were heroes inside the building, maybe he did not throw this building at full speed so that they would not get hurt), we could calculate the height at which Psycos is here and find a new throwing speed. I don't think it's half the height of the tower. But I prefer to find her height here.

These are the new changes that I would like to touch on in this calculation, in addition to the comparison with the crack.

P.S, the distance to Psykos in the first case will increase the result, and the height at which Psykos is located will decrease the result.

What do you think?

@ByAsura

I noticed a very interesting thing.

First, the distance that the trio of heroes flew. In this calculation, it is found through the head of Genos, but let's be honest, this is not the best way to find the distance. The fact is that Genos's head is very poorly detailed in this scene, I'm almost sure that Murata did not try to convey the exact distance to them with such a small head size in this frame. It seems to me that it is better to find the distance to them through the form of Psycos. Her height can be calculated through Genos's head on the next frame (His head is much more detailed, it's safer).

Plus, earlier in this calculation, the distance to the head of Genos was taken, and Genos is many meters further than Psykos. We need exactly the distance to Psycos itself.

About throw speed. Why are we used 2 kilometers per second? I mean, it's more like calk stacking, because 2km throw scene was before that scene. Since then, the position of Psykos has changed, as we see here. She got a lot closer.

But, even if we are allowed to use speed like here (Although these are different scenes, it also seems to me that TTM slowed down the speed of the throwing of the building, because before his buildings overtook the beams of Psycos, and now we get that the building he threw in hundreds of times slower than her beams. Besides, there were heroes inside the building, maybe he did not throw this building at full speed so that they would not get hurt), we could calculate the height at which Psycos is here and find a new throwing speed. I don't think it's half the height of the tower. But I prefer to find her height here.

These are the new changes that I would like to touch on in this calculation, in addition to the comparison with the crack.

P.S, the distance to Psykos in the first case will increase the result, and the height at which Psykos is located will decrease the result.

What do you think?
This all makes sense, good job

Nice calc, but Atomic Samurai still has this calc

So he'd be MHS+ still
I personally think this could be revised. The lines shown may, or may not, just be a stylistic design that represents the idea of many slashes while depicting much more. We see many times that AS cut monsters into much smaller pieces than these “lines” would prove possible.
Can’t we count how many pieces he was cut into and find the square root? I think that would more accurate.

"

Firstly, that's light not plasma, secondly, focusing a light is just converging already existing energy onto a fine point, which is not the same as what we are talking about at all. I'm saying that assuming the same temperature, a bigger beam of plasma will have more energy/require more energy to create.

I personally think this could be revised. The lines shown may, or may not, just be a stylistic design that represents the idea of many slashes while depicting much more. We see many times that AS cut monsters into much smaller pieces than these “lines” would prove possible.
Can’t we count how many pieces he was cut into and find the square root? I think that would more accurate.
The calc needs updating because you can see cut lines on his chest and knee that aren't counted, but redoing it the way you propose is unnecessary as it requires you to make the assumption that these are "artistic representations" of his slashes, which is a bit of a leap to make just because there are more pieces than we would assume.

Idk about you but those seem to be a close enough amount of slashes to pieces ratio where I'm comfortable not making the assumption.

Back