• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I agree with Timmy here. If the Empire State Building were to drop on you and somehow not break or pierce through you, you would be feeling the entire force of it, not just the weight of the tip.
Yeah it feels like basic physics.
That just doesn't make sense to me since mass isn't concentrated on a single spot unless it's a symmetrical object.
Uhh, sir... that's for sphere's.

This year was such a ride for one punch man. I loved like 80% of it so much.

One problem that I have with manga in general (it is a personal problem) is that reading a story in bits every two weeks is such a drag. That’s why I really like novels and shit similar to it.

My goal for next year is to withhold reading a single chapter of one punch man till December of next year. I want to see how much the story is going to change. I believe the manga would surpass the comics current story by them.

I hope that in my return, I see a 4-A tatsumaki and 3-A Blast, Saitama, and God.

This year was such a ride for one punch man. I loved like 80% of it so much.

One problem that I have with manga in general (it is a personal problem) is that reading a story in bits every two weeks is such a drag. That’s why I really like novels and shit similar to it.

My goal for next year is to withhold reading a single chapter of one punch man till December of next year. I want to see how much the story is going to change. I believe the manga would surpass the comics current story by them.

I hope that in my return, I see a 4-A tatsumaki and 3-A Blast, Saitama, and God.
4a tatsumaki when

I will grant, there's a moment where his body had to support the mass at the moment of impact, but you're talking about a period of milliseconds.

It's not like the 'feat' scales 1:1 with her durability, and Genos and DK didn't pull out anything that damaged her to this level (their combined core beam only slowly cut a trench that was barely visible on most parts of her exterior). Even Bang and Bomb, who are much stronger to the point where the former could obliterate Gums, couldn't wreck her body to anywhere near the extent of the drill initially with a massive combo.
But the feat does scale 1:1 with her. He tanked the initial slam and while being ripped apart towards the end, could endure being drilled for over 80km, that’s 80,000 meters. It should be noted that the drilling process didnt just happen in a few seconds giving that news reporters and cameras could capture it spinning down, meaning he endured this for dozens of minutes if not longer. Anyone who harms her should scale to the attack, that she just basic scaling.
Who says her AP scales to something that ripped her apart?
Who says they shouldn’t scale to something that a much weaker version of her tanked and endured for god knows how long? They should definitely scale.
Although, I would say that AS scales regardless since DK said he could one-shot Garou, and AS was cutting her body up pretty casually.
Agreed.

Now that I think about it, the centipede entire length could travel up that hole, meaning the length of the hole is around the centipede’s size right? If so that could be an upgrade to the rover punch.

But the feat does scale 1:1 with her. He tanked the initial slam and while being ripped apart towards the end, could endure being drilled for over 80km, that’s 80,000 meters.
Literally nothing suggests they took the initial slam at all, and Orochi has enough vitality to endure pretty much anything even if he doesn't scale to it, like Saitama's punch. The fact that the RKE, which is a fraction of the total KE, obliterated him (doesn't matter if it's over time because it's not cumulatively increasing) does nothing to help your argument.
It should be noted that the drilling process didnt just happen in a few seconds giving that news reporters and cameras could capture it spinning down, meaning he endured this for dozens of minutes if not longer.
This doesn't happen over dozens of minutes, we only see a few panels. Cameras can catch shit that happens over seconds.
Anyone who harms her should scale to the attack, that she just basic scaling.
And I'm saying that's absolute horseshit. Orochi withstood nothing to our knowledge.

Basic scaling is not back scaling character C from character B just because C chipped character A's nail while B decapitated A.
These characters hit faster than lightning, all of their impacts will be present for less than a millisecond.
Which literally changes nothing. Their AP on the profiles would already be accounting for that. We're deriving it from the KE of a calc, not a character. By this logic, we shouldn't divide by time for any calculation.

Last edited:
Which literally changes nothing. Their AP on the profiles would already be accounting for that. We're deriving it from the KE of a calc, not a character. By this logic, we shouldn't divide by time for any calculation.
I'm saying that if people fully scale to attacks that only hit them for 1/10000th of a second, why not here? It's really grasping at straws.

im actually neutral about this
but just to remember, if this is accept, Platinum Sperm, Golden Sperm, Darkshine, possibly Bang and Bomb, Sun blade stomic Samurai, sleeping monster Garou, will scale to it.
even PPP did some dmg to that hearth
😵
💫

Hoestly, this initial slam shit (if it's even accurate to use the total KE to begin with) is splitting hairs. Fact is both the fraction of the RKE and the underground part of the impact could at least harm him, and they're immensely inferior to the initial slam.

Energy is dissipated here, it's not like the drill is getting more and more powerful. Even if it happened over time, the AP of these fractional amounts would be somewhat comparable to his dura per second.

My point is unchanged.

Literally nothing suggests they took the initial slam at all, and Orochi has enough vitality to endure pretty much anything even if he doesn't scale to it, like Saitama's punch. The fact that the RKE, which is a fraction of the total KE, obliterated him (doesn't matter if it's over time because it's not cumulatively increasing) does nothing to help your argument.
The fact that it was hit head on and not instantly blow apart not instantly shredded and as I’ve stated many times before, the attack failed to pierce through him despite impacting, destroying several kilometers worth of rock and pushing him several kilometers into the ground.
He scales.
What does Saitama punch have to do with right now? I fail to see the equivalence.
Him being incapable of surving being drilled for an unknown period of time doesn’t discredit his durability, as even a normal drill can break through steel over time. That’s literal the nature of drills.
This doesn't happen over dozens of minutes, we only see a few panels. Cameras can catch shit that happens over seconds.
But the reports could give out entire sentences before the drill had reached any noticeable distance underground, this happening in a matter of seconds would be impossible to track due to the sheer speed of it traveling downwards.
This drill traveled over 75km, possibly more, in an unknown timeframe, happening in seconds would give it speeds around 20km per second, which is far faster than what that camera would be keeping up with.
And I'm saying that's absolute horseshit. Orochi withstood nothing to our knowledge.

Basic scaling is not back scaling character C from character B just because C chipped character A's nail while B decapitated A.
Orochi body was intact after being drilled 70,000m into the Earth, while being busted up and on the verge of death, could endure for that long, and as we know, the drill failed to pierced through him.

Basic scaling means character B (orochi) surviving and enduring X attack (drill) for a long ass time before being destroyed, and was capable of tanking Y (the initial slam) without being pierced through should be even more durable before being hit by a combo attack, a super kick which obliterated an even more durable form, a barrage attack which destroyed it’s bones and can affect it internally and being cut by god knows how many sword slashes at once.
Anyone harming Orochi should upscale the initial slam from the drill.

Orochi died after the attack. Meruem didn't. Your own example debunks your point.

I'm with Asura here, there's no scaling to be had. Dying to an attack isn't a valid durability justification.
Imagine drilling an ant using the most powerful drill and for the initial hit the ant stays intact, stays intact throughout its traveltime in the air towards the ground while being drilled though having pieces torn off for the entirety of its remaining lifetime, and is relatively intact after an unknown amont of time being drilled into the earth, only being completely destroyed at the end and dying.

For those moments where it stayed intact and didnt renenact that scene where saitama punched orochi, is the ant dying here really the deciding factor?

Isn't not dying or dying a matter of endurance?

Last edited:
The fact that it was hit head on and not instantly blow apart not instantly shredded and as I’ve stated many times before, the attack failed to pierce through him despite impacting, destroying several kilometers worth of rock and pushing him several kilometers into the ground.
There was no failure to pierce Orochi. The ****** was scattered on either side of the drill head and ripped across it regardless.
He scales.
What does Saitama punch have to do with right now? I fail to see the equivalence.
When Orochi was one-shot by Saitama, the vast majority of his body was intact. Does this mean he scales to that punch? No. Orochi's endurance doesn't mean shit when his vitality is maxxed out.
Him being incapable of surving being drilled for an unknown period of time doesn’t discredit his durability, as even a normal drill can break through steel over time. That’s literal the nature of drills.
Drills can bust through steel over time, but they need to actually have the speed and energy to damage it in the first place. Take it from someone who has to do a lot of that at work.

Also, if Orochi was absolutely crushed by the drill, would he still scale just because it didn't pierce him?
But the reports could give out entire sentences before the drill had reached any noticeable distance underground, this happening in a matter of seconds would be impossible to track due to the sheer speed of it traveling downwards.
That does not mean it happened in dozens minutes. It was a live broadcast, and people were commenting on the barrier failing as it happened. It could have happened in even under a minute, especially since there's 2 panels.

Plus, how does this even help your argument? By your logic, the drill was only moving at 52 m/s.
This drill traveled over 75km, possibly more, in an unknown timeframe, happening in seconds would give it speeds around 20km per second, which is far faster than what that camera would be keeping up with.
No it wouldn't. Cameras can capture meteors. It's not hard to keep up with a big glowing object at a huge distance.

Last edited:
You don't scale to attacks that kill you.
You likely weren’t here to witness the total argument but It’s been established many times that Orochi wasn’t immediately killed by the drill.
The initial slam, which created a shockwave that resulted in the destruction of dozens of kilometers worth of solid rock, doesn’t kill Orochi or pierce his body through his body, him being at the epicenter of a massive shockwave should allow him to scale, as his body remained intact.
It was only upon drilling over 80, possibly 1,000 kilometers that Orochi’s body was finally reduced to nothing.
So while the attack indeed destroyed him, the prolonged exposure to the drill should be taken into account and the distance he was drilled too, and the timeframe as well.
Orochi not being obliterated from this 10km drill slamming on top of him is more than enough for a downscale.
I'll address this buffoonery later.
No need to insult the argument, people have opinions with some argeeing with me and some agreeing with you. You should probably seek to understand the reasoning instead of denying it without properly explaining the flaws in my belief. Multiple people finding it reasonable is more than enough to show some validity in the argument.
Imagine drilling an ant using the most powerful drill and for the initial hit the ant stays intact, stays intact throughout its traveltime in the air towards the ground while being drilled though having pieces torn off for the entirety of its remaining lifetime, and is relatively intact after an unknown amont of time being drilled into the earth, only being completely destroyed at the end and dying.

For those moments where it stayed intact and didnt renenact that scene where saitama punched orochi, is the ant dying here really the deciding factor?

Isn't not dying or dying a matter of endurance?
^^^^^^

No need to insult the argument, people have opinions with some argeeing with me and some agreeing with you. You should probably seek to understand the reasoning instead of denying it without properly explaining the flaws in my belief. Multiple people finding it reasonable is more than enough to show some validity in the argument.
I wasn't trying to insult you or your argument. It was just a joke. Sorry for not making that clear.

In fact, I want your calculation to get accepted because I do think there's a big upgrade to be had for Darkshine (who's not like a 1000 x Genos anyway) and co.

Speaking of which, your calculation hasn't even been accepted yet, so I'm dropping this argument until there's a CRT or something.

Back