• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
last thing before I go to bed, is Tatsumaki drill hole the same length of the giant centipede? It was capable of holding the entire length of the centipede.
If so, Rover’s durability feat can jump all the way to country level.
WOAH WOAH WOAH Tatsumaki drill ho- oh okay youre talking about the attack ahem dont mind me

Orochi died after the attack. Meruem didn't. Your own example debunks your point.

I'm with Asura here, there's no scaling to be had. Dying to an attack isn't a valid durability justification.
Personally I don't think Meruem should scale to the Rose Bomb either; he only received a portion of its energy and he was completely charred and lost all of his limbs. He only survived because of pretty quick medical intervention by Pouf and Youpi.

You know, it is kinda funny that with how things are right now this will probably be true in one or two upgrades.
mrgn5ch87ff71.png
Genos already one shots and blitzes lmao

He made it to almost the center of the Earth.
Not even close.

Given that there's volcanoes in Z-City that go off due to Orochi's antics, I'm fairly sure it's just a magma chamber.
Why wouldn't they just downscale? It's not like their combo multiplied their AP.
First of all, they're not immensely inferior to DS (Bomb even fought a stronger Garou), so they would anyway. It was an example.

Secondly, you're talking about absolutely shredding the **** out of the heart vs making it internally bleed to some extent with a massive combo.

Lastly, it actually kind of does to a vague extent, at least according to Murata anyway. Not to say that it's ridiculously more powerful than them.

Last edited:
Imagine drilling an ant using the most powerful drill and for the initial hit the ant stays intact, stays intact throughout its traveltime in the air towards the ground while being drilled though having pieces torn off for the entirety of its remaining lifetime, and is relatively intact after an unknown amont of time being drilled into the earth, only being completely destroyed at the end and dying.

For those moments where it stayed intact and didnt renenact that scene where saitama punched orochi, is the ant dying here really the deciding factor?

Isn't not dying or dying a matter of endurance?
^^^ Here's something to consider for any orochi durability deny-ers still out there

To my knowledge Meruem wasn't killed by the Rose Bomb, just crippled. Orochi outright died.

So the comparison doesn't work.
But imagine if that bomb kept going off over and over again, that's kind of what happened here.
You know, it is kinda funny that with how things are right now this will probably be true in one or two upgrades.
mrgn5ch87ff71.png
Perfection.
First of all, they're not immensely inferior to DS (Bomb even fought a stronger Garou), so they would anyway. It was an example.

Secondly, you're talking about absolutely shredding the **** out of the heart vs making it internally bleed to some extent with a massive combo.

Lastly, it actually kind of does to a vague extent, at least according to Murata anyway. Not to say that it's ridiculously more powerful than them.
Understandable, have a great day.

But it's not a series of equally spaced explosions, it's a slam that then grinds down. This also, you known, killed Orochi.
._.
Imagine drilling an ant using the most powerful drill and for the initial hit the ant stays intact, stays intact throughout its traveltime in the air towards the ground while being drilled though having pieces torn off for the entirety of its remaining lifetime, and is relatively intact after an unknown amont of time being drilled into the earth, only being completely destroyed at the end and dying.

For those moments where it stayed intact and didnt renenact that scene where saitama punched orochi, is the ant dying here really the deciding factor?

Isn't not dying or dying a matter of endurance?
^^^

the arguments supporting are more convicent than the arguments that are agaisnt the scaling, honestly.
resisting an attack for 75km until you definetely die, is indeed an endurance feat.
like, if tatsumaki stopped the drill before, orochi would prob survive, this is the point.
he DOWNscales to the feat in some degree, and this is almost a fact 😵

just make a crt about it, weve been talking too much about this here in the past 2 days
but just to remember, im neutral then dont count on me

Personally I don't think Meruem should scale to the Rose Bomb either; he only received a portion of its energy and he was completely charred and lost all of his limbs. He only survived because of pretty quick medical intervention by Pouf and Youpi.
You think I should make a downgrade CRT about this?

Actually it wouldn’t mean much. Since Meruem scales higher either way. It might just remove some of his resistances to the Rose bomb is all.

On this note, though, I do think it's at least a little worthwhile calculating the small portion of the energy that Orochi's heart took.

A single punch from DS ****** up a more intact heart to the point where Psykos had to abandon it.

So, maybe SD (and just SD, since MA PPP and Bang and Bomb needed a whole ass combo to do a fraction of that damage) would scale to some degree.
So... how would we go about calculating the proportion Orochi's heart absorbed? Would Timmy's calc be of any use in finding the total energy involved? If that's accepted and could be used as a base perhaps we can work our way down from the lump total to the specific amount that stabbed Orochi.

Once we have that amount, how would we go about downscaling Darkshine? Just say it's a significant but indeterminate percentage of the drill tip's energy since it resulted in similar damage? I think Darkshine downscaling significantly makes sense.

VFU =, Homeless Emperor >, Golden Sperm >, Platinum Sperm >>, Sun blade Atomic > and Flashy Flash > would also benefit from this hypothetical upgrade

The hole was deep enough where you couldn’t see Tatsumaki 10 kilometer drill hole, even after being lit up by Orochi’s lava form. The hole is far deeper than 75km
Far deeper than 75 km =/= centre of the Earth, which is objectively wrong. I don't disagree that it's more than 75 km.
So... how would we go about calculating the proportion Orochi's heart absorbed?
Orochi's surface area divided by the surface area/cross-sectional surface area. Then divide the total energy by that difference.
VFU =, Homeless Emperor >, Golden Sperm >, Platinum Sperm >>, Sun blade Atomic > and Flashy Flash > would also benefit from this hypothetical upgrade
Even if he took a millionth of the total energy, that's still 122 megatons.

Meh, I'm still not in agreement with scaling Orochi in any way to the spear that Tatsumaki used to kill him. Trying to upgrade all the other heroes and monsters by proxy when thier own feats are laughably far off of this is not worthwhile.

Meh, I'm still not in agreement with scaling Orochi in any way to the spear that Tatsumaki used to kill him. Trying to upgrade all the other heroes and monsters by proxy when thier own feats are laughably far off of this is not worthwhile.
The initial impact didn't do too much more damage than Darkshine did. Besides if the initial impact were enough to kill Orochi, Tatsumaki would have stopped there instead of drilling down into the lithosphere.

Even that didn't entirely destroy Orochi's body so I suppose you could say he survived the spear. Orochi goo was moving up towards God's altar before Sage Centipede formed so there's the possibility that Orochi would have eventually regenerated from the attack

The initial impact didn't do too much more damage than Darkshine did. Besides if the initial impact were enough to kill Orochi, Tatsumaki would have stopped there instead of drilling down into the lithosphere.

Even that didn't entirely destroy Orochi's body so I suppose you could say he survived the spear. Orochi goo was moving up towards God's altar before Sage Centipede formed so there's the possibility that Orochi would have eventually regenerated from the attack
That's not a proof for durability, that just shows how good Orochi's regen is.

Ok.

This is the series of events that transpired.

I think it’s a real reach to try and fully scale Orochi to the spear Tatsumaki threw just because he wasn’t immediately killed upon impact. Especially since right after we see his body splattered all across the spear and then was killed literally 2 seconds after.

It’s an even bigger reach to then scale this to the heroes as well. So I disagree with this notion.

Would a Post Sage Centipede Garou vs Boros match work? Garou scales to 2.46 petatons and Boros scales to 9.49 petatons.

Back