• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I disagree with Ziller here (though I haven't the time, effort or really even care to respond anymore), but even I have to say that one is hardly reliable.
Hardly reliable in what sense?

I'd say that any given class/threat level tends to overwhemingly fall in the same spectrum of power, but it's a pretty big range especially for the higher classes, even among monsters/heroes who depend on brute strength alone. For example, 10 death Gatlings would have an easier time with Scaleodon than say, 10 fortes

I disagree with Ziller here (though I haven't the time, effort or really even care to respond anymore), but even I have to admit that one is hardly reliable.
It shows that combat power is a very large, if not the largest factor in a monsters rank.

I'd say that any given class/threat level tends to overwhemingly fall in the same spectrum of power, but it's a pretty big range especially for the higher classes, even among monsters/heroes who depend on brute strength alone. For example, 10 death Gatlings would have an easier time with Scaleodon than say, 10 fortes
100 sneks wouldn’t be able to do shit to pureblood
100 zombiemans wouldn’t do shit to beefcake
Saitama exists
popularity is literally a factor in hero rank, that alone makes it wildly invalid, but also then you combine factors like speed, intelligence, and how actively they do hero work
so yeah, not very reliable

It shows that combat power is a very large, if not the largest factor in a monsters rank.
I'd argue it's more like combat ability, not combat power.

Hardly reliable in the sense that Demon/Tiger levels have dominated S/A-Class characters, and that characters have defeated monsters outside this threat spectrum.

The Hero rankings in and of themselves (literally 1/2 of the threat spectrum) are also insanely inconsistent, with characters like Mizuki and Jet Nice Guy proving more powerful than A-Class heroes.

Scaling Garou to Child Emperor's imagination because Genos said he had the same energy signature as King? Broke.

Scaling Metal Knight above CE's Hellfire Wavemotion Cannon because Child Emperor believes MK has power beyond that of any lone hero? Woke.
Metal knight with prep should have access to the dark matter thieves ship tech
I believe in high 6-A metal knight tbh

It just occurred to me that elder centipede is weaker than beefcake
anyways, genos was getting bodied by demon levels left and right, so yeah it’s incredibly not reliable for scaling
I'll tell you what, there are certain demons who can beat certain s-class level heroes but there's no s-class hero that's going to lose to a tiger level. Just because they can reliably beat demons (e.g. beat the statistical average) doesn't mean they can beat every single demon.

For example, PPP probably took down his fair share of demons before taking on DSK- even he could probably beat over 50% of demons when we consider how many cases are plausibly weaker than that ( base Baquma, Game Beerus, Scaleodon, the giant Crow, Demonic Fan, etc). There must be a reason that the weakest S-class hero's defeat at the hands of a demon was surprising

It just occurred to me that elder centipede is weaker than beefcake
anyways, genos was getting bodied by demon levels left and right, so yeah it’s incredibly not reliable for scaling
One of the issues with the rankings is that it "doesn't take into account matchup compatibility".
Estimated threat level dragon and only got ranked tiger
it just proves how unreliable every ranking system is
That was because he wasn't using his powers. He was deliberately holding back.

Genos actually had the advantage over deep sea king given he uses fire, but he got beaten up regardless
He was winning, even with 1 arm. He lost because he jumped in front of his acid attacks, which 1 shot him. (Which is what would happen, metals break down very quickly from acid.)
Even after his powers were revealed, he was given an inaccurate threat level
The narrator labels him Dragon. Also, would you believe an A class hero labelling some random monster they lost to as a dragon with no evidence in spite of the fact that some random hero annihilated it? Human error will almost always exist, all we need to prove is that a large majority of the time, HA threat level rankings are accurate.

He was winning, even with 1 arm. He lost because he jumped in front of his acid attacks, which 1 shot him. (Which is what would happen, metals break down very quickly from acid.)

The narrator labels him Dragon. Also, would you believe an A class hero labelling some random monster they lost to as a dragon with no evidence in spite of the fact that some random hero annihilated it? Human error will almost always exist, all we need to prove is that a large majority of the time, HA threat level rankings are accurate.
The narrator labels him dragon
then in the same sentence, you proceed to say an A class hero did it with no evidence

Rereading the chapter, it looks pretty straightforward that the "estimated/suggested" threat level is Smile Man's estimation, based on his previous experiences seeing S-class heroes fight demon level monsters... if that's all there is to suggest Withered Sprout might be dragon I'd definitely pin him as a demon, maybe a low demon? Mid-demon, depending on his durability which could maybe be a little higher than expected.

Took him four tries to finally catch Smile Man who is a pretty middling a-class. I can't see Gums or Bakuzan or any other low dragons taking that long, or any high demons to be honest.

The narrator labels him dragon
then in the same sentence, you proceed to say an A class hero did it with no evidence
Two people can have the same opinion but with different levels of reliability.

The omiscient narrator notes they're dragon. Independently of that, the three A class heroes come to the same conclusion. They have the same idea, and they're both right, but the Smile Brothers don't have any actual reasoning behind it, beyond the fact that they lost, and therefore would not be believed by a rational being.

Took him four tries to finally catch Smile Man who is a pretty middling a-class. I can't see Gums or Bakuzan or any other low dragons taking that long, or any high demons to be honest.
I mean the first shot wasn't aimed at him but his brother, and even then, it's a ranged attack, giving plenty of room to dodge.

I mean the first shot wasn't aimed at him but his brother, and even then, it's a ranged attack, giving plenty of room to dodge.
If G5 had shot a ranged attack like an airblade or a ranged attack at Smile Man, he would have gotten destroyed, as would Sky King's beams and DSK's eel tongue, or Sonic's shurikens, etc. Many other demons would have been able to make the shot, most of whom are slower than the slowest dragon levels

If G5 had shot a ranged attack like an airblade or a ranged attack at Smile Man, he would have gotten destroyed, as would Sky King's beams and DSK's eel tongue, or Sonic's shurikens, etc. Many other demons would have been able to make the shot, most of whom are slower than the slowest dragon levels
That's kind of speculation though.

Ok I’m planning on actually doing an OPM CRT, but I’d like opinions on it before doing so.

It involves Zombieman’s regeneration and upgrading it from High-Mid to Mid-High.

The reason is due to him being hit with HE’s Massive light ball which is stated to vaporize you if you get hit. And this is in line with Zombieman taking a while to regenerate after being hit.

So this guy finally has a profile, neat.

I might make Genji vs DSK one day

Anyway, Zombieman is now High 7-C so there probably are some interesting matches out there to make now.

Saitama x Tatsumaki ship in nutshell
FhzD6aXWQAMAb9w

Back