• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It’s because we never came to an actual conclusion on if it applied to Golden Sperm as well, so we only applied it to Platinum and assumed someone would make a CRT for Golden later.
I'm making it, this makes Sun Blade Atomic Small Country Level as well :cool:

Someone argued because GS wasn't permanent
0150-036.png

Tbh, I am somewhat curious in where the manga would've went if we had gotten that, as terrible as it was.
Idk if I would say it's genuinely terrible. Just different.

Also, idk if anyone else did this, but I re-read the entire Saitama vs Garou fight, from his first monster form all the way to Cosmic Fear Mode to see how the fight worked/felt. It was pretty good. I would say it was actually a little long though.

Eh would it? I think it's awkward if Garou had just when cosmic in the middle of the therapy session. And probably too excessive if Garou got broken down twice.
That's the most likely the reason the therapy session was retconned, making them talk it out and then proceed with the Cosmic stuff would have been awful for the pacing and make Garou look worse as well

Idk if I would say it's genuinely terrible. Just different.

Also, idk if anyone else did this, but I re-read the entire Saitama vs Garou fight, from his first monster form all the way to Cosmic Fear Mode to see how the fight worked/felt. It was pretty good. I would say it was actually a little long though.
Re-reading I also realized how God sent Sage Centipede and EOW for Garou to "perfect his fist" and become a desirable avatar, it makes the line "this is a blessing" after Garou slices Sage Centipede in two with the moon watching more eerie too

The ending to the MA is legit one of the worst things i've seen in a long time. That was legit like a 1/10 ending. The stuff immediately before it was great. Seeing Saitama get what he finally wanted, a good fight, but he's not excited because it's tainted by his best friend seemingly dying. That he realizes his relationships with these people are more important than a good fight could ever be. Then Garou's smackdown and realization to a lesser extent, but was still good. But then it literally undid everything. It'd be one thing if Garou lost the stuff he got form being a monster and that was it, it's another when all of the character progression and moments were wiped away. Because this basically meant that this 5 year arc meant nothing. Saitama doesn't keep his memories, so he doesn't continue in the story with the realization of how important these people are to him, and having to grapple with watching one of them seemingly die. Garou doesn't remember any of his stuff he got while a monster, nor his memories so the lesson he learned from Saitama doesn't affect anything. They both walk away with none of the character progression they were getting. The only thing that will matter is God foreshadowing. Literally just foreshadowing is all that has remained in the narrative of this 5 year arc.

Here's a great post on the OPM detractor Reddit (OPM Folk) of someone explaining their disappointment with Garou's characterization in the manga compared to the webcomic and it's a good read.

One part that it brings up that I didn't realize ,probably due to a lack of real interest in the manga anymore, is that Garou didn't have a real turning point.

The manga has a way cooler fight because there are bigger explosions and they blow up moons, stars and even Jupiter itself. The feats are way cooler. But these are erased by time travel. So that fight never happens in the first place. In fact, in the eyes of everyone but the reader, Garou ends up being defeated by an unknown entity. There is no lesson from Saitama in the manga. He just thanks him for helping Genos and King. So Garou doesn’t get his worldview questioned. The readers aren’t given an interesting foil to Garou’s goals. Saitama wasn’t the one to defeat Garou, so Garou didn’t develop that deeper connection to Saitama either and vice versa.

This part is why I wanted to write this rant in the first place. How Garou is treated at the very end of the MA arc, and how he emotionally responds to everything that transpired. In the webcomic I love the change in Garou. After being defeated and hearing these words from Saitama, you can clearly see the effect it has on Garou’s emotional and mental state. He is dejected, numb, and does not know what else to do. He was so close to achieving his life’s goal, but had it cut short. These feel like real emotions, and a real reaction to someone who had their entire raison d'être eliminated. He says he has no reason to live anymore and I believe him. The cocky Garou who thought he was better than everyone and everything is no longer here. After all, he was just humiliated and he knows his plans for absolute evil and terror would never work. Even when Bang is punishing his ass, he remains indifferent. He's so empty that he doesn't bother retaliating or making witty comebacks. I think we’ve all had points in our lives where we questioned our purpose and felt empty inside. Even the most chipper, the most arrogant, and the most ostentatious individual, has had a moment of quiet self-reflection. Especially if it was after something significantly impactful to their life had just happened.
You can see his reaction and the change in his whole demeanor in these panels (ONE does a surprisingly good job in displaying emotion or the lackthereof): (1) (2)
(3)

This part in the manga was the final kicker for me that really disappointed me. Instead of being clearly despondent and looking like he’s had his whole life’s purpose taken away from him, he’s the same cocky brat. So since his inception in the manga, his character development went from cocky brat to… cocky brat. As you can see here.. There is no palpable change. Yeah sure, he’s beaten up. But he’s still the same edgelord. If you aren’t that affected from having your goals forever removed from your life, then your convictions weren’t even that strong in the first place. This doesn’t feel like a pivotal emotional moment in his life. At the end, he even cracks a wholesome smirk and says “you make me sick” to Saitama. This just comes across like every other tropey edgy character in animanga to make a character look cool, rather than an actual compelling character reaction. Another example of OPM doing tropes that it was meant to parody in the first place.

In the webcomic it felt like in the wake of the battle, Garou had to question the ethos of his entire existence. In the manga it feels more like a delinquent who had his naughty playtime ended. After all, in the eyes of others, this guy was just a ruffian who went around beating up people for no reason and ended up getting beat by the Invisible Man.

Manga Garou indeed did not have a moment after being punched where his viewpoint was questioned or a proper reason to all of the sudden turn from his ideas. He simply got one-shotted by Saitama, beat up by heroes (something that should reinforce his villainous beliefs), pleaded for dying due to his ideas, and then all of a sudden Tareo comes in and pointed out he saved him, and that is supposed to be the reason for him turning from his ideas. Manga Garou just stops being a villain just because, not because his worldview changed or was dismantled.

Last edited:
The ending to the MA is legit one of the worst things i've seen in a long time. That was legit like a 1/10 ending. The stuff immediately before it was great. Seeing Saitama get what he finally wanted, a good fight, but he's not excited because it's tainted by his best friend seemingly dying. That his relationships with these people are more important than a good fight could ever be. Then Garou's smackdown and realization to a lesser extent, but was still good. But then it literally undid everything. It'd be one thing if Garou lost the stuff he got form being a monster and that was it, it's another when all of the character progression and moments were wiped away. Because this basically meant that this 5 year arc meant nothing. Saitama doesn't keep his memories, so he doesn't continue in the story with the realization of how important these people are to him, and having to grapple with watching one of them seemingly die. Garou doesn't remember any of his stuff he got while a monster, nor his memories so the lesson he learned from Saitama doesn't affect anything. They both walk away with none of the character progression they were getting. The only thing that will matter is God foreshadowing. Literally just foreshadowing is all that has remained in the narrative of this 5 year arc.
my god, and he forgets that, naruto, fairy tail, kimetsu no yaiba, tokyo revengers, rent a girlfriend, etc.
and says that opm is the worst

my god, and he forgets that, naruto, fairy tail, kimetsu no yaiba, tokyo revengers, rent a girlfriend, etc.
and says that opm is the worst
Why should i care about those. I'm talking about OPM my dude, i don't give a shit about the writing of those other series lmao. The ending to the arc sucked and was probably the worst narrative decision that could have been made for the ending. Idk why you're obsessed with bringing in the writing of other unrelated series when someone says they didn't like how OPM's writing and narrative is being handled. Also i never said OPM was worse than any of those series, i just said it was a 1/10 ending that had no redeeming qualities lmao

Here's a great post on the OPM detractor Reddit (OPM Folk) of someone explaining their disappointment with Garou's characterization in the manga compared to the webcomic and it's a good read.

One part that it brings up that I didn't realize ,probably due to a lack of real interest in the manga anymore, is that Garou didn't have a real turning point.

The manga has a way cooler fight because there are bigger explosions and they blow up moons, stars and even Jupiter itself. The feats are way cooler. But these are erased by time travel. So that fight never happens in the first place. In fact, in the eyes of everyone but the reader, Garou ends up being defeated by an unknown entity. There is no lesson from Saitama in the manga. He just thanks him for helping Genos and King. So Garou doesn’t get his worldview questioned. The readers aren’t given an interesting foil to Garou’s goals. Saitama wasn’t the one to defeat Garou, so Garou didn’t develop that deeper connection to Saitama either and vice versa.

This part is why I wanted to write this rant in the first place. How Garou is treated at the very end of the MA arc, and how he emotionally responds to everything that transpired. In the webcomic I love the change in Garou. After being defeated and hearing these words from Saitama, you can clearly see the effect it has on Garou’s emotional and mental state. He is dejected, numb, and does not know what else to do. He was so close to achieving his life’s goal, but had it cut short. These feel like real emotions, and a real reaction to someone who had their entire raison d'être eliminated. He says he has no reason to live anymore and I believe him. The cocky Garou who thought he was better than everyone and everything is no longer here. After all, he was just humiliated and he knows his plans for absolute evil and terror would never work. Even when Bang is punishing his ass, he remains indifferent. He's so empty that he doesn't bother retaliating or making witty comebacks. I think we’ve all had points in our lives where we questioned our purpose and felt empty inside. Even the most chipper, the most arrogant, and the most ostentatious individual, has had a moment of quiet self-reflection. Especially if it was after something significantly impactful to their life had just happened.
You can see his reaction and the change in his whole demeanor in these panels (ONE does a surprisingly good job in displaying emotion or the lackthereof): (1) (2)
(3)

This part in the manga was the final kicker for me that really disappointed me. Instead of being clearly despondent and looking like he’s had his whole life’s purpose taken away from him, he’s the same cocky brat. So since his inception in the manga, his character development went from cocky brat to… cocky brat. As you can see here.. There is no palpable change. Yeah sure, he’s beaten up. But he’s still the same edgelord. If you aren’t that affected from having your goals forever removed from your life, then your convictions weren’t even that strong in the first place. This doesn’t feel like a pivotal emotional moment in his life. At the end, he even cracks a wholesome smirk and says “you make me sick” to Saitama. This just comes across like every other tropey edgy character in animanga to make a character look cool, rather than an actual compelling character reaction. Another example of OPM doing tropes that it was meant to parody in the first place.

In the webcomic it felt like in the wake of the battle, Garou had to question the ethos of his entire existence. In the manga it feels more like a delinquent who had his naughty playtime ended. After all, in the eyes of others, this guy was just a ruffian who went around beating up people for no reason and ended up getting beat by the Invisible Man.

Manga indeed did not have a moment after being punched where his viewpoint was questioned or a proper reason to all of the sudden turn from his ideas. He simply got one-shotted by Saitama, beat up by heroes (something that should reinforce his villainous beliefs), pleaded for dying due to his ideas, and then all of a sudden Tareo comes in and pointed out he saved him, and that is supposed to be the reason for him turning from his ideas.
I always wonder why English-speaking people screw opm so much, seriously, I've seen English-speaking people screwing around with saitama destroys alone your verse, opm's bow is bad, and a lot of tralalalala.
That in the ******* Spanish-speaking branch, in the Spanish-speaking branch that chaos does not occur, in fact, the chaos is almost non-existent, I have not seen a single post or video of the Spanish branch exaggerating the power of Saitama without limits.
all comes from always the same branch,the english branch,also that i think a lot of debates and things and changes in the world,comes always from the same type of person,the english seapking people.

Why should i care about those. I'm talking about OPM my dude, i don't give a shit about the writing of those other series lmao. The ending to the arc sucked and was probably the worst narrative decision that could have been made for the ending. Idk why you're obsessed with bringing in the writing of other unrelated series when someone says they didn't like how OPM's writing and narrative is being handled

Bro, what are you talking about? Which development lost? Garou didn't lose development, in fact, the only development he gained was to learn that he has to consider everything with hard work and not go and be a monster

I always wonder why English-speaking people screw opm so much, seriously, I've seen English-speaking people screwing around with saitama destroys alone your verse, opm's bow is bad, and a lot of tralalalala.
That in the ******* Spanish-speaking branch, in the Spanish-speaking branch that chaos does not occur, in fact, the chaos is almost non-existent, I have not seen a single post or video of the Spanish branch exaggerating the power of Saitama without limits.
all comes from always the same branch,the english branch,also that i think a lot of debates and things and changes in the world,comes always from the same type of person,the english seapking people.
I'm not understanding what you're getting at

I'm not understanding what you're getting at
that always, it is the people who speak in English who are bothered, in fact I have not seen any person in Spanish bothering or joking about the fact that the bow is wrong or something like that, a lot of people liked the bow, and I have not seen no person say they don't like me.

that always, it is the people who speak in English who are bothered, in fact I have not seen any person in Spanish bothering or joking about the fact that the bow is wrong or something like that, a lot of people liked the bow, and I have not seen no person say they don't like me.
I get what you're saying now but I disagree. I've seen posts even from Japanese readers who complain and even say worse things about the current opm manga than what English readers say. They have no problems with even cursing out ONE and Murata or name calling. I imagine there are quite of few people of different races and countries that are not a fan of what's happened in the manga recently.

(3)

Manga Garou indeed did not have a moment after being punched where his viewpoint was questioned or a proper reason to all of the sudden turn from his ideas. He simply got one-shotted by Saitama, beat up by heroes (something that should reinforce his villainous beliefs), pleaded for dying due to his ideas, and then all of a sudden Tareo comes in and pointed out he saved him, and that is supposed to be the reason for him turning from his ideas. Manga Garou just stops being a villain just because, not because his worldview changed or was dismantled.
this helps sum up quite a bit of my rant

I get what you're saying now but I disagree. I've seen posts even from Japanese readers who complain and even say worse things about the current opm manga than what English readers say. They have no problems with even cursing out ONE and Murata or name calling. I imagine there are quite of few people of different races and countries that are not a fan of what's happened in the manga recently.
wait...there is no trick here right?
no thing that is not equal to web comic or something like that.
because I think that's where 99.9% of the complaints come from, if they didn't mention the web comic, I'm 80% sure they wouldn't complain that Garou didn't have the original personality

wait...there is no trick here right?
no thing that is not equal to web comic or something like that.
because I think that's where 99.9% of the complaints come from, if they didn't mention the web comic, I'm 80% sure they wouldn't complain that Garou didn't have the original personality
I mean I can't speak for others but if the webcomic didn't exist, I know with 100% certainty that I would've dropped the series after the last chapter.

I never read the Web comic, because you don't need to in order to know that the ending to this arc was just a narrative mess and an absolute shitshow of writing decisions

Back