• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ngl them making saitama a martial arts master is cool, since most people forget that saitama was a regular guy that just ended up training really hard, so it makes sense that back when he put in intense training effort he could have picked up his skill

015.png
010.png

006.jpg

005.jpg

Pre-Redraw Orochi was the coolest looking villain for me in OPM so far. He was monstrous and completely inhuman, but at the same time, still held a sense of refinement and elegance. I've always loved "Regal Monster" type characters. Which is also why DSK was my second favorite antagonist before the series focused on Monster's a bit more, with Boros originally being number 1. As ONE described it, the reason Boros is so beloved as an antagonist is because he's the only opponent who fully retained his dignity against Saitama. Hell, even if Garou is incomparably stronger than Boros, the same can't be said about him. Saitama didn't even view him as an opponent despite Garou's strength, more so just an asshole he needed to beat up, and both pre-redraw and post-redraw, Garou has lost without his dignity wholly intact. Boros got utterly beaten by Saitama, but he wasn't humiliated, and that's not something any other opponent of Saitama has had.

Pre-Redraw Orochi was the coolest looking villain for me in OPM so far. He was monstrous and completely inhuman, but at the same time, still held a sense of refinement and elegance. I've always loved "Regal Monster" type characters. Which is also why DSK was my second favorite antagonist before the series focused on Monster's a bit more, with Boros originally being number 1. As ONE described it, the reason Boros is so beloved as an antagonist is because he's the only opponent who fully retained his dignity against Saitama. Hell, even if Garou is incomparably stronger than Boros, the same can't be said about him. Saitama didn't even view him as an opponent despite Garou's strength, more so just an asshole he needed to beat up, and both pre-redraw and post-redraw, Garou has lost without his dignity wholly intact. Boros got utterly beaten by Saitama, but he wasn't humiliated, and that's not something any other opponent of Saitama has had.
unknown.png

vs

unknown.png

The fact this got retconned is criminal 😭
To this day I despise the PM redraw, perhaps even more than the Orochi redraw, but they're roughly on the same level of cool to cringe.

Only two good things about PM redraw was the depth it added to his character and foreshadowing that the HA did some horrible things, and Saitama breaking into the Pheonix Space. Other than that it was god awful and took out almost everything enjoyable from the original fight.

Orochi redraw was pretty damn bad. It buffed Orochi and gave a really cool moment at the end, showing that Orochi was actually fodder to strengthen God, but it gave Orochi a mid final form, and completely humiliated him, destroying any sense of dignity he had. Saitama didn't even view him as an enemy to any extent, not even a Monster. Not only did that feel incredibly forced, but embarrassing what was originally a very cool antagonist just ain't right.

Considering that Murata seems to have more of an influence on the redraws, I bet he wants OPM to be more of a comedy series than it currently is, and it makes me glad he isn't the writer.

Orochi pre-redraw was great. He was like a perfect amalgamation of a gigantic powerful monster, and a honed, talented martial artist. ONE and Murata completely forgot that Orochi literally copied WSRSF with a glance, it seems. They completely removed the sense of skill and intellect he had by making him look just like a stereotypical large monster in the post-redraw version, and his ultimate attack is just a big energy blast, how original.

Pre-Redraw Orochi was the coolest looking villain for me in OPM so far. He was monstrous and completely inhuman, but at the same time, still held a sense of refinement and elegance. I've always loved "Regal Monster" type characters.
Same, there was an elegance to him, that you could very much tell he's a "king", instead of the weird eldritch design we got later on.

Which is also why DSK was my second favorite antagonist before the series focused on Monster's a bit more, with Boros originally being number 1. As ONE described it, the reason Boros is so beloved as an antagonist is because he's the only opponent who fully retained his dignity against Saitama. Hell, even if Garou is incomparably stronger than Boros, the same can't be said about him. Saitama didn't even view him as an opponent despite Garou's strength, more so just an asshole he needed to beat up, and both pre-redraw and post-redraw, Garou has lost without his dignity wholly intact. Boros got utterly beaten by Saitama, but he wasn't humiliated, and that's not something any other opponent of Saitama has had.
It's why DSK and Boros are still highly regarded, despite eventually getting wrecked, they still kept their dignity and the story made to be a big deal. DSK was clapping several monster almost kills Genos via dirty tactics, showing that he isn't just a dumb monster. Boros was never once treated as a joke in his fight, whereas Garou was constantly getting humiliated, even so when he went cosmic.

Hell even the much weaker pre redraw Orochi was never treated like a joke and had a semi decent fight with Saitama where he actually dodged a few of Saitama's attacks and he overall felt like a king and a big deal. It made the part where Saitama beats Orochi more satisfying, whereas redraw Orochi was just laughable.

A weird take, but I'm not a fan of the anime Orochi coloring, I always saw him to be green in color, but with orange and red accents, like a traditional chinese dragon, which I feel was the supposed inspiration of the original Orochi design.

Same, there was an elegance to him, that you could very much tell he's a "king", instead of the weird eldritch design we got later on.

It's why DSK and Boros are still highly regarded, despite eventually getting wrecked, they still kept their dignity and the story made to be a big deal. DSK was clapping several monster almost kills Genos via dirty tactics, showing that he isn't just a dumb monster. Boros was never once treated as a joke in his fight, whereas Garou was constantly getting humiliated, even so when he went cosmic.

Hell even the much weaker pre redraw Orochi was never treated like a joke and had a semi decent fight with Saitama where he actually dodged a few of Saitama's attacks and he overall felt like a king and a big deal. It made the part where Saitama beats Orochi more satisfying, whereas redraw Orochi was just laughable.

A weird take, but I'm not a fan of the anime Orochi coloring, I always saw him to be green in color, but with orange and red accents, like a traditional chinese dragon, which I feel was the supposed inspiration of the original Orochi design.
I always viewed him as being just dark. Pitch black like a silhouette. I thought the darkish purple was very weird tbh.

Pre-redraw Orochi looks so bland for me, I don't get the appeal it's just another humanoid monster martial artist 🤷‍♂️

Also pretending he wasn't humilliated in the pre redraw version is so funny lmao

Pre-redraw Orochi looks so bland for me, I don't get the appeal it's just another humanoid monster martial artist 🤷‍♂️

Also pretending he wasn't humilliated in the pre redraw version is so funny lmao
The man dodged several attacks from Saitama and Saitama actually bothered to fight him and kill him with a punch. Whereas redraw Orochi was treated like a child and Saitama was just bathing the whole time and deflected his atttack with a serious squirt

The man dodged several attacks from Saitama and Saitama actually bothered to fight him and kill him with a punch. Whereas redraw Orochi was treated like a child and Saitama was just bathing the whole time and deflected his atttack with a serious squirt
Saitama just shut him up when he was having his generic big bad monologue, managed to barely dodge 1 punch and got killed by an uninterested Saitama with a normal punch.

The only thing one could possibly miss from that chapter is Saitama roasting Orochi lol

Saitama just shut him up when he was having his generic big bad monologue, managed to barely dodge 1 punch and got killed by an uninterested Saitama with a normal punch.

The only thing one could possibly miss from that chapter is Saitama roasting Orochi lol
Saitama bathing in front of Orochi, not acknowledging him as a Monster in any way, killing Orochi and just kinda moving on like he's the same as the regular Monster's Saitama faces, is much worse than Orochi just getting normally beaten but not going down as easily as most others. The pre-redraw fight doesn't treat him as a joke, it's just that he's still fodder to Saitama, but the fact that he could last so long is still impressive. Post-redraw, Orochi is just outright humiliated, none of his dignity is left intact at all. Him getting cut off by Saitama who is tired of the same monologues isn't even bad. Also, he definitely didn't "barely" dodge it, Saitama was quite a ways away from hitting Orochi there.

Pre-redraw is so shit in comparison. I’m just going to believe anyone who likes that more is suffering from a stroke. Redraw orochi is so much better. And I’m not talking about feats, but even the design is better than the generic final form design he took.

Pre-redraw is so shit in comparison. I’m just going to believe anyone who likes that more is suffering from a stroke. Redraw orochi is so much better. And I’m not talking about feats, but even the design is better than the generic final form design he took.
redraw design would be good if it wasn't attached to a laughing stock. Other than that the redraw is pure ass on all fronts.

Back