• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
the biggest issue is that I can't find any kind of definition of dimension that even remotely acknowledges time
but even if it was a "temporal dimension" it wouldn't even be comparable to an actual one, since dimensions include things like length, width, and height, while time can't really go like, sideways? From what I can tell the only reason people call it a dimension is because "you need time in order to move" but time just goes in one direction unlike any other dimension.
I'd prefer is someone actually had an explanation that made sense but none seem to exist

the biggest issue is that I can't find any kind of definition of dimension that even remotely acknowledges time
but even if it was a "temporal dimension" it wouldn't even be comparable to an actual one, since dimensions include things like length, width, and height, while time can't really go like, sideways? From what I can tell the only reason people call it a dimension is because "you need time in order to move" but time just goes in one direction unlike any other dimension.
I'd prefer is someone actually had an explanation that made sense but none seem to exist
4th dimension isn't really for human perception. We can only perceive 3 dimensions.

No single dimension has length, width and height on its own as far as I'm aware since all three of these things can only exist in three dimensions together. Time moving in only one way actually has a Wikipedia article called the arrow of time.

well yeah that's what I meant, I was just listing them all not using them all at once
As far as I'm aware using time as a dimension works well with formulas and nobody really has an explanation why time as a dimension is different from other dimensions in the sense that it only ever moves into one direction as far as we can tell.

on top of the fact that time can exist in a 2d or 1d space, I think it's safe to say that time is at the very least a different concept entirely from the the 4th dimension in particular

on top of the fact that time can exist in a 2d or 1d space, I think it's safe to say that time is at the very least a different concept entirely from the the 4th dimension in particular
Well, it would be different from a 4th spatial dimension though time is still an integral part of the space-time continuum.

well sure, space time continuum and stuff is nice but that doesn't mean that time is related to AP at all, since destroying stuff on a 4d(spatial) level is the equivalent of being infinite on a 3d as each dimension is infinitely larger than the previous, but instead we use time for some reason which is
absolutely weird to me

well sure, space time continuum and stuff is nice but that doesn't mean that time is related to AP at all, since destroying stuff on a 4d(spatial) level is the equivalent of being infinite on a 3d as each dimension is infinitely larger than the previous, but instead we use time for some reason which is
absolutely weird to me
Well, Immeasurable characters are certainly capable of using time like an axis of movement and destroying an infinite time-space continuum does seem like something that should be superior to simply destroying the infinite amount of things that may or may not exist within it to me.

except destroying something in the past would also destroy it in the future by default, seems unquantifiable at best when considering time manipulation characters

except destroying something in the past would also destroy it in the future by default, seems unquantifiable at best when considering time manipulation characters
Why would that be relevant? There is no past or future if time itself is destroyed, so why would that something's future destroyed be relevant by comparison?

Why would that be relevant? There is no past or future if time itself is destroyed, so why would that something's future destroyed be relevant by comparison?
well if time itself is destroyed then that'd be like destroying space
in the sense that it isn't something tangible that can be interacted with, so it'd be more like a complicated EE or spatial manipulation

in the sense that it isn't something tangible that can be interacted with, so it'd be more like a complicated EE or spatial manipulation
That sounds like a pretty complicated idea when you consider higher-dimensional objects in this context.

The one whom I originally quoted before you started this conversation with me was Zillerthebucko and their comment looked like this:
Oh. Then I think the very first comment of mine you quoted was a misclick lmao, because I wasn't talking about that at all lmao.

Yeah temporal dimensions aren't the same as spatial dimensions in every aspect. The "only goes one way" thing is what most people consider an example of that.

Bruh, this thread got unfollowed, luckily I only had to read like 1.5 pages🫠

my 2 cents and the god discussion pretty sure the fanmanga has god being at a higher dimension, so tier 2 minimum, and with recent events it’s seem that murata and ONE got some slight inspo from the fan manga.

Huh just learnt about the fan manga. Wacky. Maybe they are going the "GOD caused chapter 164 with time travel" thing if it's drawing inspiration from that lol.

Last edited:
Hey, do you think God has conscience over time? Like, even if future was reversed, he still know about it?

I doubt it tbf, since, even after he killed future Garou by using wrong his powers, he still left present Garou alive, and didn't take his powers off (otherwise he'd have died like Homeless Emperor or Future Garou did).

Maybe his powers went out because he was defeated like what (most likely) happened with Psykos? Or maybe it was a PIS to let Garou alive for future arcs

1. According to Minowski, which this site at least partially bases its tiering system on, space and time are not the same so calling it spatial manipulation is incorrect. In fact, you yourself pointed it out didn't you? Regardless if it's 1 spatial dimension, 2 spatial dimension, time still exists, so how can they be the same?

Basically, in Minowski space-time, space is not a tangible construct either but the position of an object needed to be described relative to the environment or other entities. It is the measurement of the subjective nature of locality.

Time is the measurement of motion relative to the environment or other entities. It is the measurement of the subjective nature of motion where "motion" is the distance between events.

These two concepts only merge when the factor of the speed of light is taken into consideration (thus E=mc^2).

Or at least that's how I understand it.

2.I'm not sure I fully understand your previous point.

How does time manipulation being hax mean it has a lower AP.

In destroying all of space you're only destroying the distance covered by the universe in a single instant or event.

However, in destroying the time you're destroying the distance between of all the universes that exist in a set of events including the universes themselves which would of course require a higher AP.

3. It's hax usually only in that space-time is either created or destroyed. In fiction, most universe busting feats are performed by a sudden release of energy. Even creation feats do so (such as Bernkastel and Lambada creating universes as a result of their collisions).

4. To further prove that space and time are different I want to point towards the dimensions of quantities.

Time has one dimension, being the equivalent of length. Space doesn't, it has length, width, and height.

I hope I managed to explain it all properly.

Anything exceeding 2-C seems unlikely unless the setting is expanded to include a complex cosmology. Even God being stated to be higher-dimensional wouldn’t automatically make him Low 1-C.

Would be funny if saitama somehow reached tier 1 in the most simple way possible and managed to stomp haxlord characters that have like 5 novel chapters just describing how complex and potent their hax are.

Anything exceeding 2-C seems unlikely unless the setting is expanded to include a complex cosmology. Even God being stated to be higher-dimensional wouldn’t automatically make him Low 1-C.
I agree, I do strongly believe that Saitama will become Low 2-C though. The cosmic levels of power that Murata set up with these recent chapters are leading towards an insane conclusion that will probably affect the entire cosmos

the only way for saitama to be outer is for it to be superior to god, who was said to have created the divine plane, which is where all concepts and forms of existence come from.
concepts such as power, freedom, infinity, space, time, dimensionality, mathematics, numbers, will, fear, despair, good, evil, justice * saitama punch god and breaks the divine plane *then god transforms into his final form, where he is completely strange and irregular, where it is very difficult to determine his form because he constantly changes (deforms into many forms,being a blob,a large being,or a weird spaghetti)then god say:
GOD:humans do not understand, their desires are powerful, if someone has a great will and a great desire, that desire can be fulfilled, but it is a double-edged sword, which can be good and bad, since they can lose control and being evil beings, evil exists as a constant, but good exists beyond evil, but evil is greater than good, because it is easier to do evil.
saitama: SHUT UP, no matter what concept, right or wrong,good or evil,not matter,
you are wrong, because you think you are a god
GOD: I don't think so, I'm a god.
saitama: a god is not someone bad, who kills people, a god, does nothing, lets people be free and do whatever they want

Imagine if GOD has a real name and it's something cute like "Nyannyansuke" or something similar.
I have enough with sucker for love, with nyanlatotep, the real name of god would be:
kajikajin kakuru no kami deri no shine jupiter uchu jigen(I made it up)

Back