• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Random question: I want to know how skilled Garou is realistically. Basically, removing the anime nonsense like internal shockwaves, sleep fighting and all that jazz, how many real-world martial arts does Garou know, and how skilled is he with those martial arts? And if you guys feel like it, if Garou was a real person, how good of a fighting career do you think he'd have?
I'll even take scans of martial arts moves at this point.

Random question: I want to know how skilled Garou is realistically. Basically, removing the anime nonsense like internal shockwaves, sleep fighting and all that jazz, how many real-world martial arts does Garou know, and how skilled is he with those martial arts? And if you guys feel like it, if Garou was a real person, how good of a fighting career do you think he'd have?
Even removing the anime shenanigans, Garou is incredibly skilled. Most of it can be attributed to his absolutely insane mimicry. If he was to fight someone in real life, it'd be impossible for him to lose as he could just copy their style and add it to his own in a glance, and then further improve it.

The OPM wiki mentions that the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist is based on Tai Chi and that the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist has similarities with real life Leopard Kung Fu, so he should be a prodigy at those two irl. Apart from those he also beat users of other 9 martial arts and incorporated those styles as his own.

As for no anime nonsense feats, it's kinda hard to find, almost all of his martial arts is fictional but Tanktop Master mentioned he can read moves and counterattack perfectly focusing on vital spots and joints to disable his opponent.

He would certainly be one of the best if not the best martial arts masters out there, and he is only 18 so he could only get better.

Fubuki: Yakuza Noob. Forces people to try join her. Cripples them if they refuse. Cries when she realises she can’t make someone join by force because she’s fearful of her rank.

Tatsumaki: Absolute gigchadess. Gladly accepts Rank Two, because Blast is Gigachad+1. An actual hero, but also a complete gremlin, which is hilarious. Always speaks facts, never lies. Probably the strongest being besides Saitama that doesn’t rely on God Power.

Manako: Only monster to survive Saitama AND Garou. Divine being. Dwarfs Tatsumaki, Fubuki, Psykos and everyone else combined on the waifu tier. Has a secret Meteoric Manako transformation. Above God tier.

Drive Knight should get Electricity Manipulation

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What electricity is he specifically manipulating though, it just seems like electricity is generated whenever he does transformations.

Maybe you could label it as limited but I struggle to see how it could count as full electricity manip.

What electricity is he specifically manipulating though, it just seems like electricity is generated whenever he does transformations.

Maybe you could label it as limited but I struggle to see how it could count as full electricity manip.
Drive Knight literally uses electricity paired with normal hits in almost all of his attacks shown here and here. Electricity is being manipulated to increase the effect of his attakcs.

and whether or not people scale to those speeds.
Sadly they don't.

Reasoning:

This is the result of a clash between Saitama AND Garou's Serious Punches, so it can't be scaled entirely to either one of them. You might retort to that with the argument that you should just divide the result by two, and while I can agree to that on the AP department, there is another issue that complicates that with Speed: Blast and his team.

The feat is the result of Blast and his team diverting the explosion, altering its vector and warping it as far away from Earth as they can manage. It is not the natural course that the impact would have taken had it been allowed to happen unaltered. Blast and his team either just altered the vector so the explosion would go to a single direction, which would already dramatically alter and increase the speed of the explosion, or they also folded space and warped the explosion away, in which case the speed is completely unquantifiable.

Sadly they don't.

Reasoning:

This is the result of a clash between Saitama AND Garou's Serious Punches, so it can't be scaled entirely to either one of them. You might retort to that with the argument that you should just divide the result by two, and while I can agree to that on the AP department, there is another issue that complicates that with Speed: Blast and his team.

The feat is the result of Blast and his team diverting the explosion, altering its vector and warping it as far away from Earth as they can manage. It is not the natural course that the impact would have taken had it been allowed to happen unaltered. Blast and his team either just altered the vector so the explosion would go to a single direction, which would already dramatically alter and increase the speed of the explosion, or they also folded space and warped the explosion away, in which case the speed is completely unquantifiable.
Armorchompy brought up the argument that Blast and his team should scale to the explosion speed as they were able to react to it in what was essentially slow motion.

Armorchompy brought up the argument that Blast and his team should scale to the explosion speed as they were able to react to it in what was essentially slow motion.
No? Blast acted with his portals before the clash between Saitama and Garou even happened, and he was already trying to warp it away by himself before his teammates arrived. The explosion was never allowed to happen naturally.

I believe there was no change in speed, Blast talks about changing vectors, which will not change the speed of the explosion, just change its direction, and thinking so Blast still had to react and change the direction of the explosion before it touches the ground or it, which would make him scale

I believe there was no change in speed, Blast talks about changing vectors, which will not change the speed of the explosion, just change its direction
The vectors were carrying the explosion in all direction. Change all of them to just one direction you're gonna increase the speed.

Sadly they don't.

Reasoning:

They both should fully scale to the AP of the serious punch clash, since it didn’t hurt either of them

The vectors were carrying the explosion in all direction. Change all of them to just one direction you're gonna increase the speed.
That if we were talking about an external force tapering the attack, like a telekinetic tube, vector manipulation just changes direction without physical interaction or something.

Yes and the power was added up since it is a combined feat.
Yes but you are not understanding what I am saying here
they both TANKED the clash, so even if in that instance they were responsible for half the energy, their dura scales above it, and we already know their AP scales to their dura due to the final attack of the chapter

also, even if the physical attack had had no effect, the resulting explosion was still 4-A/3-B and they were at the epicenter and tanked everything

Back