• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You’re welcome for the input anyway
daenerys-targaryen-smile.gif
no.

No I'm pretty sure people are just coping. So far nothing has concretely proven this translation wrong, and we have no reason to assume it is.

Still, it doesn't really matter tbh because it's irrelevant. It's just throwaway hyperbole statements and I highly doubt Garou was being completely serious in saying that. Not to mention, applying them would be NLF, obviously. Besides that, if we're even remotely taking his claim about Saitama's power literally, then we would also have to take Garou's claim about himself literally.
The translation isnt wrong, only that specific wording might be wrong. There is no kanji that supports the "limitless" part, at all. Infinite? No. Infinity? No. Endless? No. Forever? No. etc. (No kanji for these that I listed and said no to)

though like you said, it doesnt matter anyways, so true.

Did anyone ever bother to scale the Great Fa Jin? specifically the first one he uses that vaporizes three buildings and creates a large explosion and the one that went through Saitama and blew up a large mountain

Did anyone ever bother to scale the Great Fa Jin? specifically the first one he uses that vaporizes three buildings and creates a large explosion and the one that went through Saitama and blew up a large mountain
practically useless calcs since they only bring like high tier 7/low tier 6 results.
This. IIRC, I think someone called the building one to be like Town level 💀

How much more radiation does Garou emit than just bring in space?
Tbh, I don't think it's really possible to measure from what I've seen, at least not in any form of numbers. I briefly looked into it because I wanted to know the difference, but the only conclusion I could really make with the short bit of research I did was that Garou's passive emission is much higher.

Garou can passively cause people to bleed, faint, and suffer rapid hair loss in a few seconds of being remotely close to them. And just being within melee distance means a very quick death without a resistance. Considering that humans can spend over a year in space missions without suffering any effects of radiation poisoning at all, I'm fairly sure that is far more potent than the effects of radiation exposure even when in unprotected space.

How much more radiation does Garou emit than just bring in space?
Using the SI measurement of radiation poisoning (Sieverts)
  • Being on a plane: 0.001 mSv a hour
  • Natural background radiation someone from the US will receive: 0.1 mSv a year
  • A chest X-Ray: 1.2 mSv
  • The US limit for Nuclear Workers: 50 mSv a year
  • The radiation that Chernobyl Recovery workers were it by: 170 mSv
  • Unshielded radiation levels in space: 400-900 mSv a year
  • 800 rads (8 grays) for consistently fatal ranges of radiation death within 7-28 days even with top medical care = 8,000 mSv
  • 1,000 rads (Confirmed threshold for acute radiation syndrome) = 10,000 mSv
  • Radiation received by people when Chernobyl went critical: 16,000 mSv
  • >3,000 rads (30 grays) range where the person usually dies within second to minutes due to radiation exposure and organ failure = 30,000 mSv

Last edited:
  • 800 rads (8 grays) for consistently fatal ranges of radiation death within 7-28 days even with top medical care = 8,000 mSv
  • >30,000 rads (30 grays) range where the person usually dies within second to minutes due to radiation exposure and organ failure = 300,000 mSv
Considering that Garou can kill people nigh-instantly if they're close to him, I guess he'd be passively producing hundreds of thousands of mSv at least, possibly millions.

Considering that Garou can kill people in nigh-instantly if they're close to him, I guess he'd be passively producing hundreds of thousands of mSv at least, possibly millions.
Not millions. I did mess up my conversion for the last one, since that was supposed to be 30,000 mSv and not 300,000.

For reference if you were in one mile of the Little Boy explosion you would receive roughly 9.46 grays or 9,460 mSv and if you were (somehow) able to survive the shockwave, the core of the Little Boy generated 240 grays or 240,000 mSvs. Garou is likely passively emitting about 30,000 mSv considering how fast people are going down, which is about twice the radiation near the hot spot of Chernobyl suffered.

Considering that Garou can kill people nigh-instantly if they're close to him, I guess he'd be passively producing hundreds of thousands of mSv at least, possibly millions.
what? He hasn't killed anyone with his radiation from we saw. What was shown was everyone collapsing and some losing some hair.

There's also the fact that there would have been a sizable amount of radiation from his nuclear fission attacks. His radiation aura isn't the only source of radiation

after an unknown amount of time
If it would've been within 48 hours it would be enough for 30 grays/30,000 mSv

As a note this isn't like, a massive amount of radiation for a fictional character. If someone can survive a nuke blowing up in their face with no issue then they've already withstood over 10 times the radiation Garou would have emitted.

So removing the GBR from him, Garou is one of the biggest radioactive characters on the Wiki like Godzillas in their nuclear states, Toxzon (Classic) at his peak, some Marvel and DC characters.

So removing the GBR from him, Garou is one of the biggest radioactive characters on the Wiki like Godzillas in their nuclear states, Toxzon (Classic) at his peak, some Marvel and DC characters.
In my view, yeah. He's emitting radiation similar to an unshielded reactor. Which is a pretty solid passive power, though nothing utterly unreasonable either.

it take some minutes, not was nigh-instantly
Blast says that Bang would simply "die" if he gets too close. Which usually suggests that it would have been very fast. Whereas others were suffering symptoms that would practically be a death sentence in real life after a just few seconds, even when they were 10+ meters away from Garou, so it's not doubtful either.

Hmm, might actually be at least 50 gray (50,000 mSv)

Gastrointestinal death​

Gastrointestinal death is caused by a dose of radiation between 10 and 50 Gray. Whole body doses cause damage to epithelial cells lining the gastrointestinal tract and this combined with the bone marrow damage is fatal. All symptoms become increasingly severe, causing exhaustion and emaciation in a few days and death within 7–14 days from loss of water and electrolytes.[9]

The symptoms of gastrointestinal death are:[9]

• gastrointestinal pain
  • anorexia
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • diarrhea

Central nervous system death​

Central nervous system death is the main cause of death in 24–48 hours among those exposed to 50 Gray.[9]

The symptoms are:[9]
So going by this (sourced) nuclear radiation effects paper its 50 grays that is the fast lethal. Its just that 30 grays or more will always be fatal no matter what.

what? He hasn't killed anyone with his radiation from we saw. What was shown was everyone collapsing and some losing some hair.
They were bleeding profusely, fainting, and suffering hair loss in seconds of exposure from 10+ meters away, and Blast said that Bang would simply "die" if he got too close, wording that usually suggests very quick death.

I know how Garou will be defeated.

When they return to Earth and Garou gets blown away by a Consecutive Serious Punches, he will spot King, standing valiantly. Garou will realize that his only hope of winning is to use King's power.

But it'll be too much for him to handle. The moment he utters the words Mode: King, Garou's body will explode in a powerful combustion of energy, strong enough to endanger the entire galaxy. But King will contain the blast and devour it.

• >3,000 rads (30 grays) range where the person usually dies within second to minutes due to radiation exposure and organ failure = 30,000 mSv
Interesting, at this point depending on which speed end gets accepted. Garou will be able to defeat DBS Goku.

The moment he utters the words Mode: King, Garou's body will explode in a powerful combustion of energy, strong enough to endanger the entire galaxy. But King will contain the blast and devour it.
If it does happen then the meme thing wouldn't be that imo. I would be that Garou copies King after fighting Saitama, however nothing happens. Garou then has a mental breakdown realizing that King is so wildly beyond not only him, but even Saitama that he cannot even copy a fraction of his power. Utterly destroying his dream of being a monster.

Back