• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gonna be honest I think Saitama is just lying about going all out. Maybe just to let Garou think he's taking him seriously. Or to prolonged the fight like he's done in the past.

It's a bit hard to justify, I know, but I just really doubt that the One-Punch Man is on even a remotely similar level to this Garou.
To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time he did that Looks at Boros

And I think Garou "copying" Saitama's power is going to get less effective as time goes on to the point he can't even hurt him anymore, showing that Saitama's strength is too much for Garou to hope to mimic.

まあ思い切りやれていいけど丈夫な奴と全力で
DeepL: Well, you can go all out, but you're going to have to go all out with a strong guy.
Google translate is more or less roughly the same.
Google translate: "Well, you can take the plunge, but with a strong guy and do your best"
this is a h m m moment
Gonna be honest I think Saitama is just lying about going all out.

People in the comment section really trying to justify Saitama not going all out.

raws when they exist (meaning people who translated some stuff, did mistranslate some stuff) be like: 🤨🤨

My reaction:

sus moment ngl 🧐

tl:dr: he didnt go all out. 😶

Gonna be honest I think Saitama is just lying about going all out. Maybe just to let Garou think he's taking him seriously. Or to prolonged the fight like he's done in the past.

It's a bit hard to justify, I know, but I just really doubt that the One-Punch Man is on even a remotely similar level to this Garou.
I don’t see a problem with people trying to justify it. Who knows, probably isn’t. Assuming he is, no one here would have ever predicted garou being so strong to this extend. Look where we are now, in 4 chapters, the series elevated it self to 4-A when the best feat prior was a high 6-A, without a single hint of it reaching such a scale of power. We thought the arc was gonna end with no feats above tier 5-C.

Who knows where Saitama, garou and the Blast gang will end up in the next few chapters.

Well, after an hour of trying to read through the 20-30 pages of new comments we've gotten since yesterday I had to admit defeat. This vs thread really is something else. That said... I have a few pieces to add to the discussion.

1. I'm 100% with the people who believed the serious punch clash beam deleted thousands of stars in an instant, if we don't get a statement/visual that directly clarifies otherwise it's simply most intuitive to say the visual effect is supposed to reflect spatial reality- meaning if the stars are no longer visible from our perspective it's because they're not there anymore.

2. I add the "if we don't get a statement/visual" caveat because we very well might, in fact I expect we will given the size and narrative importance of the feat. Remember how the Homeless Emperor crater debate got resolved 3 chapters later when we got another shot of the aftermath? Let's wait at least a few chapters to see.

3. I don't believe for a second Saitama took damage. Narratively, Saitama's still going to have to fight "God" and potentially other god-empowered individuals down the line, Garou's power stands out like a candle in the photosphere of a blue supergiant compared to "God". If Garou can perfectly copy Saitama's full power, "God" can do it too and we'll need Saitama to go full proper Shounen protagonist to beat him with the power of friendship if so. I'll believe this when I see Saitama's own blood streaming down his face.

4. "The series is ending" is definitely cap. No way we've consistently foreshadowed future arcs and plot developments up until this very chapter to have the series end in like, 10 chapters. And if it was ending, Murata wouldn't break that announcement in reply tweet to some guys working on another series.

4. "The series is ending" is definitely cap. No way we've consistently foreshadowed future arcs and plot developments up until this very chapter to have the series end in like, 10 chapters. And if it was ending, Murata wouldn't break that announcement in reply tweet to some guys working on another series.
To clarify, Murata already stated it was Garou and Saitama's fight he meant, not the whole series.

Last edited:
Where we headed with this story for saitama tho? Unless Blast and co explain that they are fighting more avatars out there much stronger than Garou, from here on out the arcs can’t really focus on saitama until god becomes a thing.

Where we headed with this story for saitama tho? Unless Blast and co explain that they are fighting more avatars out there much stronger than Garou, from here on out the arcs can’t really focus on saitama until god becomes a thing.
We can still have it be about things like the Psychic Sisters (Fubuki talking to Psykos and she tells Fubuki about God) and the Neo Heroes (the damage done by Garou will have the people question the HA's credibility in stopping Monsters, making room for a new organization to step in).

And Saitama was involved in both of these arcs.

It’ll be funny to see how people will justify Saitama is all that good and caring if he isn’t actually going all out against Garou.

I mean I’d like to think everyone would be fine with Saitama going all out against someone who killed his friend as far as he knows and in a bout of rage he performs an attack that would’ve destroy the Earth without knowing if anyone could prevent it. But I guess that’s just me.

We can still have it be about things like the Psychic Sisters (Fubuki talking to Psykos and she tells Fubuki about God) and the Neo Heroes (the damage done by Garou will have the people question the HA's credibility in stopping Monsters, making room for a new organization to step in).

And Saitama was involved in both of these arcs.
I’m talking about Battle scenarios. I’m expecting saitama to be fleshed out character wise no doubt.

I’m just not going to be wondering the same stuff as in the web comic for battles. For example, when I was reading the WC, I did wonder if it was possible for tatsumaki to do something impressive against saitama. I can’t wonder that now.

It’ll be funny to see how people will justify Saitama is all that good and caring if he isn’t actually going all out against Garou.

I mean I’d like to think everyone would be fine with Saitama going all out against someone who killed his friend as far as he knows and in a bout of rage he performs an attack that would’ve destroy the Earth without knowing if anyone could prevent it. But I guess that’s just me.
I’ve allready pointed out on Reddit that saitama is a genocidal maniac. Haven’t checked, but safe to assume I have been downvoted into oblivion.

Can’t wait for Sonic to scale to FF, that’ll be a dream come true, and then Tatsumaki will scale above him.(speed) And the S class will scale to Sonic later on😍😍

We are not gonna scale base Garou to 4-A? How does that make sense? It is implied that strength Garou copies becomes his own. Saying Garou is 4-A with only mode:Saitama is treating Garou like an idiot. Because that would mean Garou thinks he can hurt Saitama with High 4-C potency

Last edited:
We are not gonna scale base Garou to 5-A? How does that make sense? It is implied that strength Garou copies becomes his own. Saying Garou is 4-A with only mode:Saitama is treating Garou like an idiot. Because that would mean Garou thinks he can hurt Saitama with High 4-C potency
You know what, that's actually sorta a good point.

Are the translation team drunk when they do the job they not getting paid enough or someshit???
Actually, using any form of translation tools other than translators that do their job well is what’s dumb here. Muratas tweet got ******* butchered last time someone here did the same thing.

We need to Get an actual translator to tell us if it’s right.

You know what, that's actually sorta a good point.
Though a counter would be that Garou is just trying to get Saitama to use his full power (which he's said before), and to do so he has to actually try. + He's apparently a stone wall.

Actually, using any form of translation tools other than translators that do their job well is what’s dumb here.

Get an actual translator to tell you if it’s right.
Bro the raw when garou supposedly said Saitama getting limitlessly strong is not even have The word limitless in Japanese in it

Bro the raw when garou supposedly said Saitama getting limitlessly strong is not even have The word limitless in Japanese in it
That has actually been confirmed by actual translators. So that gets a pass.

but now, we need confirmation by translators for the full power thing. Someone should get on it.

Actually, using any form of translation tools other than translators that do their job well is what’s dumb here. Muratas tweet got ******* butchered last time someone here did the same thing.
We need to Get an actual translator to tell us if it’s right.
Here's what Graywords (the guy who translated chapter 167) had to say. He just reposted this reddit comment of his when it came up in the translation server.

unknown.png

Here's what Graywords (the guy who translated chapter 167) had to say. He just reposted this reddit comment of his when it came up in the translation server.

unknown.png
I was right. You people need to do good when thinking that your translations are better than the official ones. This makes people here look bad.

Something I don't really like about this chapter is it kinda shows that Saitama is incredibly careless with his power. I mean, if Blast wasn't there, he would've literally destroyed the planet and the entire solar system in that collision. There would be no more saving Genos, and everyone would've died. And based on what he knows, he should've had no idea that Blast was capable of transporting them or holding back the energy.

@
Something I don't really like about this chapter is it kinda shows that Saitama is incredibly careless with his power. I mean, if Blast wasn't there, he would've literally destroyed the planet and the entire solar system in that collision.

There would be no more saving Genos, and everyone would've died.
he was seeing red. And I think this is a good indicator that saitama may not be as good of a person as we think.

@Ourosboros can you link me to the Reddit page he said that? Can’t find it and I’m curious if people are going to turn against them cause they don’t like what he said.

This is sounding dangerously close to confidence scaling
In what way? Garou copied what he believed is Saitama’s full power (SSSP that was half the 4-A feat) and we already know he was able to tell Saitama wasn’t using all his power after copying Consecutive Normal Punches. Garou wouldn’t at all be an idiot enough to go back to 4-C if he didnt retain the strength he copied nor use attacks such as a singular Nuclear Fission against Saitama who he literally barraged with and used a GRB on 2 chapters ago. He would stay in Saitama mode.

“Garou wouldn’t be an idiot”
I dunno, he was enough of an idiot to get his ass beat by a one-handed Saitama instead of immediately copying his strength again

“Garou wouldn’t be an idiot”
I dunno, he was enough of an idiot to get his ass beat by a one-handed Saitama instead of immediately copying his strength again
To be fair he was getting blitzed for basically the entire fight

Something I don't really like about this chapter is it kinda shows that Saitama is incredibly careless with his power. I mean, if Blast wasn't there, he would've literally destroyed the planet and the entire solar system in that collision. There would be no more saving Genos, and everyone would've died. And based on what he knows, he should've had no idea that Blast was capable of transporting them or holding back the energy.
That's probably the angriest moment in his entire life. And that was after years of monotonous life where he was suicidial before training and was starting to lose emotions after it. It is not carelessness, he just lost rational thought for a moment in a fit of extreme anger.

He still decided to copy Saitama again in the end. He probably wanted to do his best with out needing to rely on Saitama’s power or just didn’t believe the power he copied was too far off from Saitama’s full power

Back