• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What i'm hoping will happen is Garou having a little inner monologue or whatever about how he's going to surpass and perfect Saitama's power now that he's copying him more, getting super cocky. Only to then have their fists clash and Saitama obliterates his arm

What i'm hoping will happen is Garou having a little inner monologue or whatever about how he's going to surpass and perfect Saitama's power now that he's copying him more, getting super cocky. Only to then have their fists clash and Saitama obliterates his arm
Yeah, I’m thinking that Saitama’s gonna be too strong for Garou to properly copy him now.

Like I said man, imagine if Saitama hits Garou so unbelievably hard that he literally punches God's influence and power out of him

Saitama gains power null via literally punching your powers out of your body

Like I said man, imagine if Saitama hits Garou so unbelievably hard that he literally punches God's influence and power out of him

Saitama gains power null via literally punching your powers out of your body
Lmao, I think it's unlikely that'd happen but that'd be sick

I imagine Garou just gets half his body obliterated by Saitama and he's just in shock, and then hopefully we finally get the table flip.

Table flip would make sense here as Saitama would be brining Garou away from the planet.

I think Blast is definitely going to send them both to another dimension where they can both fight without restrictions.

There's no telling what we'll get after that, but it's bound to be insane.

You people with “thinking” that saitama is going to be too strong, and I’m here wondering why you weirdos even think there’s a possibility Garou will copy saitama. It is obviously going to be a one sided battle.

I have a lot to say, but I'll just talk about a small amount of it. Firstly, I think comparing any set of fictional works can work if you are trying see what one did right or wrong or how the themes of those stories differ, but to critque a story on it's likeness to the sourcematerial is something that even conceptually falls flat on its face.

It fails to appreciate the art for what it does, instead focusing on the arts ability to uniformly follow another piece of art, which objectively nullifies the point of art, expression, exploration and creativity.
Now that Im back on this planet I can make a proper response. I agree with you that critiquing a story on it’s likeness to it’s source material conceptually falls flat on it’s face but I wouldn’t apply that logic to the manga. The OPM manga isn’t like The Boys or Preacher where they’re different from the source material from the beginning. The manga was just a 1:1 adaptation from the webcomic with better art, expanded upon fights and more arcs that didn’t intrude on the webcomic adaption process. It wasn’t until Garou surfaced after fighting Darkshine is where things started shifting in major ways and it moved from an adaption of the webcomic to a thing of it’s own. Whether the manga’s deviation is good or not, it is perfectly reasonable for someone who has been following the series to this point to be upset that the adaption is no longer 1:1 and I think they are valid in their critiques of such deviation.
I know your critiques are not meant to be "objective", in the sense they are innailiable facts, but they are arguments that you use are meant to be legitimate critiques of the story. Me pointing out you calling it "sh*t" wasn't meant to say you're being rude, everyone knows you're just messing around, and honestly, it was meant to make a point about how you present your opinions on the Manga, but I honestly regret even putting it there because it was kind of an asshat move that made you look bad out of context. At that point, it wasn't a case study on my issues with certain criticism, it was just offensive bullsh*t. For that, I'm sorry.

You have levied multiple valid complaints with the story. Don't get me wrong, you're fun to chat with, I have no issues with you as a person, this is not meant to be offensive or even make you reconsider your opinions. I was simply using some of your arguments, in this case, mostly focusing on table talk Garou, to show an underlying issue with not necessarily WC lovers, or with you, but with a line of thinking that occasionally you have exemplified, and honestly, we all probably have or will at some point.

One that requires too much uniformity between source material and adaptation, without really focusing on the meanutia, themes, setup, plot, and characters in a vacuum, instead conflating the two as if they aren't both unique and inspired pieces of art.
✌️💋❤️

If Garou and Blast can manipulate reality of the cosmos as Blasts thought, doesn’t that mean Garou’s GRB is a real GRB with real GRB potency but shrunken down as he seen fit?

June 23rd, 2022. 12:47 AM Eastern Time.

I finished downing a protein shake after a late-night workout. Before going to sleep, I decide to see what I've missed on the forums due to an eventful day. The first alert I notice is one for the "STRONGEST One Punch Man Discussion Thread". Clicking on it, I scroll through, seeing the vitriol against supposed webcomic elitists, and their responses in their defense, as well as their critiques of the manga. Scrolling down all the way to the bottom of the thread, I saw there were several more pages added, either 3 or 4. I've stopped paying attention at this point. Several pages of the thread being added in a short timeframe is far from unusual here, after all.

Not wanting to subject myself to reading every single post to satisfy my curiosity, I skip to the most recent page.

June 23rd, 2022. 1:03 AM Eastern Time.

I've caught up with the thread. Discussions are more or less along the same topics when I left off, including speculation about future chapters. I took a brief intermission to comment on a few other threads and have now returned here upon receiving new alerts for this thread. Still nothing major.

June 23rd, 2022. 1:17 AM Eastern Time.

I don't know why I'm writing this. Am I going insane or something? Is it this thread? Is it me? Come to think of it, when I was working out, I did think someone was coming down the stairs even when no one was there... But was that insanity, or was my music just too loud? Was it one of my family members moving upstairs that made me think that? But I just said my music could have been too loud... Do I just need sleep? It is after 1 in the morning, after all. But then again, I'm usually perfectly fine mentally, even this late. Could it be that I was consuming too much Moon Knight content? That my fixation with a hero with mental instability has caused me to subconsciously see that as something to aspire toward and mimic?

Or am I just reaching too deep, and making issues out of things that aren't really the case? I'll admit, it was one heck of a deconstruction I've done of myself, but it may not all be completely accurate. After all, I get the feeling that I'm going to end up posting this instead of discarding the draft, and I don't want people thinking I have issues I really don't have.

It's probably just my disinhibition going way up this time of night. Sorry.

June 23rd, 2022. 12:47 AM Eastern Time.

I finished downing a protein shake after a late-night workout. Before going to sleep, I decide to see what I've missed on the forums due to an eventful day. The first alert I notice is one for the "STRONGEST One Punch Man Discussion Thread". Clicking on it, I scroll through, seeing the vitriol against supposed webcomic elitists, and their responses in their defense, as well as their critiques of the manga. Scrolling down all the way to the bottom of the thread, I saw there were several more pages added, either 3 or 4. I've stopped paying attention at this point. Several pages of the thread being added in a short timeframe is far from unusual here, after all.

Not wanting to subject myself to reading every single post to satisfy my curiosity, I skip to the most recent page.

June 23rd, 2022. 1:03 AM Eastern Time.

I've caught up with the thread. Discussions are more or less along the same topics when I left off, including speculation about future chapters. I took a brief intermission to comment on a few other threads and have now returned here upon receiving new alerts for this thread. Still nothing major.

June 23rd, 2022. 1:17 AM Eastern Time.

I don't know why I'm writing this. Am I going insane or something? Is it this thread? Is it me? Come to think of it, when I was working out, I did think someone was coming down the stairs even when no one was there... But was that insanity, or was my music just too loud? Was it one of my family members moving upstairs that made me think that? But I just said my music could have been too loud... Do I just need sleep? It is after 1 in the morning, after all. But then again, I'm usually perfectly fine mentally, even this late. Could it be that I was consuming too much Moon Knight content? That my fixation with a hero with mental instability has caused me to subconsciously see that as something to aspire toward and mimic?

Or am I just reaching too deep, and making issues out of things that aren't really the case? I'll admit, it was one heck of a deconstruction I've done of myself, but it may not all be completely accurate. After all, I get the feeling that I'm going to end up posting this instead of discarding the draft, and I don't want people thinking I have issues I really don't have.

It's probably just my disinhibition going way up this time of night. Sorry.
You good bro?sis? ….person?

Screen_Shot_2019-03-06_at_2.55.38_PM.jpg

Back