• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There is, unless it's against humans. Otherwise Garou wouldn't have been able to match his strength.
I find it interesting that no one considers that Saitama doesn't consider Garou to be a real monster even now which is a pretty big factor in the fight since it's one of the reasons Saitama isn't actually trying to kill him.

Yes he was splattered, but he did tank the punch right before it. Garou also tanked consecutive normal punches for a while before he was punched out of it.
You're just outlining one of the issues with our current One Punch Man profiles really: scaling backwards to Saitama who is not only the pseudo god tier of the verse but also holds back immensely during fights.

We don't even know how strong the punches Garou matched even were since they didn't destroy anything and Garou's 5-A feat came later when it was treated as being a special attack.

It being named doesn't matter, orochi got oneshotted by an unnamed punch.
It does. If one unnamed Saitama punch can cause MB to instantly get sent dozens of meters and cough up blood while holding his chest while another only caused notable damage just to Sealed Boros armor with Boros shrugging it off. That tells me not every casual punch has the same attack potency.

I find it interesting that no one considers that Saitama doesn't consider Garou to be a real monster even now which is a pretty big factor in the fight since it's one of the reasons Saitama isn't actually trying to kill him.
I was referring to the humans like in the superhighway.
You're just outlining one of the issues with our current One Punch Man profiles really: scaling backwards to Saitama who is not only the pseudo god tier of the verse but also holds back immensely during fights.

We don't even know how strong the punches Garou matched even were since they didn't destroy anything and Garou's 5-A feat came later when it was treated as being a special attack.
Yeah I know but what Garou matched monster Garou already endured before transforming. Garou physically threw his Saitama mode punches first and Saitama countered and was matched.

This is a straight forward case showing he's been using the same power throughout the whole fight.

It does. If one unnamed Saitama punch can cause MB to instantly get sent dozens of meters and cough up blood while holding his chest while another only caused notable damage just to Sealed Boros armor with Boros shrugging it off. That tells me not every casual punch has the same attack potency.
The armor took some of the impact of the first punch. Boros lost an arm with the second, then endured the last one in MB.

Saitama also did call him strong again after he was still alive after surviving the serious punch.

The armor took some of the impact of the first punch. Boros lost an arm with the second, then endured the last one in MB.
So are you trying to imply all of Boros forms are comparable in tier to each other? Because that’s the only logical explanation if we are using your logic that Saitama’s casual punches are High 5-A.
Saitama also did call him strong again after he was still alive after surviving the serious punch.
Here we go again. Boros’ didn’t even tank the SSP.

So are you trying to imply all of Boros forms are comparable in tier to each other? Because that’s the only logical explanation if we are using your logic that Saitama’s casual punches are High 5-A.
I mean tbh we don't scale him to his csrc, is there really any evidence that he became vastly more durable?

Even if we didn't scale Boros, Monster Garou was still tanking those CNP and copied that exact power to use against Saitama and matched his strength.
Here we go again. Boros’ didn’t even tank the SSP.
Never said it did

Also, I just realized something.

Saitama match the skill and power of consecutive normal punches.

So tbh the GRB should be the same if he can match power as well.

I was referring to the humans like in the superhighway.

Yeah I know but what Garou matched monster Garou already endured before transforming. Garou physically threw his Saitama mode punches first and Saitama countered and was matched.

This is a straight forward case showing he's been using the same power throughout the whole fight.
This is untrue. Garou's Gamma Ray Burst was treated by Saitama as something threatening the planet or at least a significant portion of it. He had no such worries when he was matching Garou when he was causing nuclear fission which would indicate that his blows have different outputs of damage.

I mean tbh we don't scale him to his csrc, is there really any evidence that he became vastly more durable?
Applying Inverse-Square law or whatever to Boros’ forms means we apply his accepted attack potency to his durability (Not including CSRC of course).
Even if we didn't scale Boros, Monster Garou was still tanking those CNP and copied that exact power to use against Saitama and matched his strength.
Yes?
Never said it did
You didn’t leave much room for another interpretation by saying Boros survived the serious series punch tbh.

This is untrue. Garou's Gamma Ray Burst was treated by Saitama as something threatening the planet or at least a significant portion of it. He had no such worries when he was matching Garou when he was causing nuclear fission which would indicate that his blows have different outputs of damage.
Ok, then we should scale Garou’s blast separate from his physicals.

Which really wouldn't work considering Garou scratched Saitama.

Applying Inverse-Square law or whatever to Boros’ forms means we apply his accepted attack potency to his durability (Not including CSRC of course)
I mean to be fair his released form energy blast cause more damage to the ship than MB did.
So since Garou copied it, he had to be getting hit with that much force as well to replicate it.
You didn’t leave much room for another interpretation by saying Boros survived the serious series punch tbh.
I was pointing towards Saitama saying he was strong. He said it 3 times, twice to boros and once to Genos. Boros genuinely impressed Saitama.

What was the consensus on Boros regen scaling above Melz? I found the scan stating Boros has the greatest natural regen in the universe.

Ok, then we should scale Garou’s blast separate from his physicals.

Which really wouldn't work considering Garou scratched Saitama.
I disagree. Garou has his own feats and statements. That is, he becomes one with the energies used to make his blasts.

Garou's scratching of Saitama and matching normal consecutive punches are the most impressive in the franchise but that still only compares to feats that cap out at 5-C.

You're idea counts as circular scaling.

I disagree. Garou has his own feats and statements. That is, he becomes one with the energies used to make his blasts.

Garou's scratching of Saitama and matching normal consecutive punches are the most impressive in the franchise but that still only compares to feats that cap out at 5-C.

You're idea counts as circular scaling.
What's circular about it, how could Garou match the skill and power of an attack he's never seen?

Saitama hit him with that amount of force and God Garou later replicated it.

I mean to be fair his released form energy blast cause more damage to the ship than MB did.
But narratively and via statements we know Meteoric Burst is far stronger in every aspect to Released.
So since Garou copied it, he had to be getting hit with that much force as well to replicate it.
Yes, but there is still no 100% concrete AP to the CNP that Garou matched.
I was pointing towards Saitama saying he was strong. He said it 3 times, twice to boros and once to Genos. Boros genuinely impressed Saitama.
Sure. Boros impressed Saitama at the time but Boros feats aren’t good enough to get him upgrade to not even Monster Garou’s level.

But narratively and via statements we know Meteoric Burst is far stronger in every aspect to Released.
Yes it is, narratively Boros was also the first to bot get one punched.
Yes, but there is still no 100% concrete AP to the CNP that Garou matched.
But when does he ever hold back his normal punches when not facing humans? Why do we treat Boros as the exception?
Sure. Boros impressed Saitama at the time but Boros feats aren’t good enough to get him upgrade to not even Monster Garou’s level.
To be 100% subjective, Boros could really only get feats from damaging his ship. Tanking normal punches is technically still a feat but it's kinda downplayed here.

What's circular about it
By scaling Garou to Saitama who in turn scales to Boros by you're arguments which is dubious at best, considering that nuclear fission is 7-A at best due to scaling to HE.
, how could Garou match the skill and power of an attack he's never seen?
He matched Saitama's normal consecutive punches which would scale above every other feat in the verse since Saitama was surprised that he was matched for the first time (well, according to Garou anyway).
Saitama hit him with that amount of force and God Garou later replicated it.
Still doesn't make sense to rate their previous showings to Garou's special attack though.

He has marks everywhere…he had those marks against Boros, Genos vs mosquito girl, marugori, Orochi, literally everyone, he has those marks everywhere on his body in that same panel. It doesn’t signify anything as of right now.
The panel literally states that he got scratched. What exactly are you gaining from denying reality?

By scaling Garou to Saitama who in turn scales to Boros by you're arguments which is dubious at best, considering that nuclear fission is 7-A at best due to scaling to HE.
I dont really see that as a counter, the blast may be 7-A but I'm sure Garou was just utilizing the hax via his knowledge of the universe.
He matched Saitama's normal consecutive punches which would scale above every other feat in the verse since Saitama was surprised that he was matched for the first time (well, according to Garou anyway).
Yeah, Monster garou tanked those blows.

Yes it is, narratively Boros was also the first to bot get one punched.
And narratively not every punch Saitama throws has the same AP
But when does he ever hold back his normal punches when not facing humans? Why do we treat Boros as the exception?
He held back in general with fighting Boros as we are told by Boros and Saitama himself and shown during the fight.
To be 100% subjective, Boros could really only get feats from damaging his ship. Tanking normal punches is technically still a feat but it's kinda downplayed here.
That’s unfortunate for Boros.

And narratively not every punch Saitama throws has the same AP
But he tried to kill Boros, was surprised, and called him strong. There's no way these are building level punches.

He held back in general with fighting Boros as we are told by Boros and Saitama himself and shown during the fight.
He was casual but his only "holding back" was not throwing punches and just dodging most of the fight.
That’s unfortunate for Boros.
Yes 😢

But he tried to kill Boros, was surprised, and called him strong. There's no way these are building level punches.
Saitama could toss out any casual punch with tier 7 AP and kill most things in the verse. He could’ve done that for all we know.
He was casual but his only "holding back" was not throwing punches and just dodging most of the fight.
Meaning he was likely not trying to kill Boros with each punch thrown.

I dont really see that as a counter, the blast may be 7-A but I'm sure Garou was just utilizing the hax via his knowledge of the universe.
Forget the 7-A. It's my bad for giving a value to it anyway. My point is the blows can be any arbitrary attack potency but they most definitely can't be 5-A since they weren't regarded with the same level of worry as Garou's Gamma Ray Burst. It narratively doesn't make any sense. You're entire argument is hinged on the idea that Saitama's attacks are the same AP when they've been proven to not operate on any one level.

Back