• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
5-FCD06-AC-234-D-4-C50-BD27-D1-A8-AA84673-F.jpg
Oh, you mean that?

He had the hand on his nose because he was underwater

Which would most likely mean his clothes, not he received damage

It'll be disappointing if that was his reaction to damage tbh, considering how much he wishes a fight which produces on him more than nothing
No he already stated his clothes got messed up.

Saitama said a couple panels earlier, “ah my clothes got messed up”

He then said, “ah man, I told the kid I wouldn’t get scratched”

Very different statements.

No he already stated his clothes got messed up.

Saitama said a couple panels earlier, “ah my clothes got messed up”

He then said, “ah man, I told the kid I wouldn’t get scratched”

Very different statements.
He may have just remembered what he told to the guy

Anyway, I can't see how a punch can scratch you

He may have just remembered what he told to the guy

Anyway, I can't see how a punch can scratch you
Ok, why would saitama bring that up? Why did he remember that he told that kid that he wouldn’t get scratched at that moment? While having a disappointed look on his face conveying that he feels like he let the kid down. What could have cause him to make that statement?

https://**********/read/gist/OPM/165/24/

The mention of that brat was why Garou used GRB: Saitama remembered him he'll show Tareo how powerless heroes are.

That may be the reason why that dialogue was put. Unless you think Saitama somehow got scratched by a punch, yet he doesn't show any signature of scratches, he doesn't look to have had pain, and he is not enjoying he has felt pain since so long

https://**********/read/gist/OPM/165/24/

The mention of that brat was why Garou used GRB: Saitama remembered him he'll show Tareo how powerless heroes are.

That may be the reason why that dialogue was put. Unless you think Saitama somehow got scratched by a punch, yet he doesn't show any signature of scratches, he doesn't look to have had pain, and he is not enjoying he has felt pain since so long
Yes you can get scratched by a punch in the real world and especially in a fictional world in which the writer can make up their own rules.

“That I wouldn’t get scratched”

What does that statement mean to you?

Last edited:
Yes you can get scratched by a punch in the real world and especially in a fictional world in which the writer can make up their own rules.
Yet he hasn't sgown any marks of that: neither physical, nor psychological, nor anything. Just his word
“That I wouldn’t get scratched”

What does that statement mean to you?
As I said: he remembered his conversation with Tareo, which served as an excuse to Garou to use GRB

He has marks everywhere…he had those marks against Boros, Genos vs mosquito girl, marugori, Orochi, literally everyone, he has those marks everywhere on his body in that same panel. It doesn’t signify anything as of right now.
Due to the lack of coloring I see how you could think that. But take a look at all the marks on his face and take a look at the mark right below his nose.

The shading is darker. We see him wiping the scratch away in the same place in the previous panel. And he then states that he got a scratch.

This is very straight forward.

Already answered by several members

Plot I guess? He may have remembered before, but we would have not seen him countering his consecutive normal punches.
Plot is not an answer, statements serve to convey the purpose of the plot not the other way around.

Saitama was disappointed because he told the kid that he would get the job done without a scratch on him. When he actually did get a scratch on him he said

Due to the lack of coloring I see how you could think that. But take a look at all the marks on his face and take a look at the mark right below his nose.

The shading is darker. We see him wiping the scratch away in the same place in the previous panel. And he then states that he got a scratch.

This is very straight forward.
All marks have the same color ._.

Also, this is how Murata potrayed nose bleeding, in the same chapter, just like 2-3 pases after Saitama's comment, that is clearly not a nose bleed

Anyway, nose bleed =/= scratch

Saitama was disappointed because he told the kid that he would get the job done without a scratch on him. When he actually did get a scratch on him he said
And that scratches should be the marks of his clothes. There is nothing to suggest he had felt pain more than the dialogue, and (as previously said): not having physical marks of scratches, being "scratched" by a direct punch on his face, not having a reaction of feeling pain despite him wishing to feel anything, etc. Counters Saitama feeling pain

All marks have the same color ._.

Also, this is how Murata potrayed nose bleeding, in the same chapter, just like 2-3 pases after Saitama's comment, that is clearly not a nose bleed

Anyway, nose bleed =/= scratch
No they don’t, the context of supports this.

We see saitama wiping the scratch away.

Yes a nose bleed can be considered a scratch too. When I tell someone I can beat them in a fight without a scratch on me and I come out with a nose and I’m going to say that I still didn’t get a scratch? NO.

Saying a nose bleed isn’t a scratch is pointless semantics.

And that scratches should be the marks of his clothes. There is nothing to suggest he had felt pain more than the dialogue, and (as previously said): not having physical marks of scratches, being "scratched" by a direct punch on his face, not having a reaction of feeling pain despite him wishing to feel anything, etc. Counters Saitama feeling pain
We have already concluded that he’s not talking about his clothes when he refers to his clothes he’s very clear in saying that his clothes got messed up he doesn’t say that his clothes got scratched.

We see him get punched by garou and then we see hey mark right under his nose and then we see him say he has a scratch on him. Wanting to feel pain is not relevant here, we see the mark, we see the statement. He got scratched in a fight.

No they don’t, the context of supports this.
Bro, all marks DO have the same color, how can context proof they don't, when it is visual? Blood is way more dark
We see saitama wiping the scratch away.
No. He had the hand on his nose because he was on the water
Yes a nose bleed can be considered a scratch too. When I tell someone I can beat them in a fight without a scratch on me and I come out with a nose and I’m going to say that I still didn’t get a scratch? NO.

Saying a nose bleed isn’t a scratch is pointless semantics.
Except it isn't? Anyway, Saitama didn't have nose blood, so arguing if it is a scratch or not is pointless

We have already concluded that he’s not talking about his clothes when he refers to his clothes he’s very clear in saying that his clothes got messed up he doesn’t say that his clothes got scratched.
And, as previously said, talking about "not receiving a scratch" does nothing but motivate Garou to use a stronger attack so he can prove Tareo "heroes are powerless", he don't have any other reason, nor scratch, boy.
We see him get punched by garou and then we see hey mark right under his nose and then we see him say he has a scratch on him.
Not a scratch. @Magmag already countered that point before: Saitama had that marks in nearly any fight. And, as I said in my previous comment: blood is way more dark than what Saitama had on his nose
Wanting to feel pain is not relevant here, we see the mark, we see the statement. He got scratched in a fight.
But there is no scratch lol

Edit: also, Next panel that "important scratch" you are talking about does not appear, do you really think that if Saitama did really receive pain for the first time in the manga, Murata would be so careless with such "pain mark"/blood?

bro, but this was the first time that saitama SAID that he was scratched....
so i would assume that he REALLY got scratched.

anyway, garou is one billion times stronger than anyone in the verse, he scratching saitama is nothing out of the world
the strange thing is that, saitama NEVER was scratched since he got his all might power, i expected a better reaction of his

Back