• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A GRB is an after effect of a supernova where the blackhole collapses fadt enough to form radiation jets.

The average for any GRB would be the same for a Supernova, one Foe of energy or 10^44. Though GRBs can top out to 4-B with Quasars and all that.
Yes, I know the average energy. I mean the SIZE, how big one is. We need that if we're going to proportionally scale Garou's to a real GRB.

No the narrator just explained what a GRB was it didn't compare it to Garou.
Garou: Gains the power to control and understand the flow of energy and power of all things in the universe, and is stated to be able to harness said energy in his body
Also Garou: Copies the strength of power and speed of someone previously massively superior to him, and matches him using that understanding of flow
Garou right after: Does exactly what he was stated to be able to do, and harnessed the power of a GRB inside of his body, and shoots it out
Narrator: Tells us how powerful a GRB is

VSBW: Let's calc how strong a 20 meter GRB would be even though the manga stated that he can harness the power of a GRB in his body

Apperently Garou actually did hurt Saitama

the guy who translated the manga admitted he screwed up and will fix it

Saitama legit admitted he got hurt

GRB would be more radiation manipulation than anything.

The size is the only reason why I would be hesitant on High 4-C since IRL GRBs are massive, but if nothing else the blackhole he makes seems like it'd be well into tier 5 either way.

Final key would be Avatar of God or something.
But according to wiki, its radiation can ruin the molecule. What about Matter Manipulation via Radiation?

Yes, I know the average energy. I mean the SIZE, how big one is. We need that if we're going to proportionally scale Garou's to a real GRB
GRBs aren't like supernovas. The length of their jets depend on angle which can cause it to lose energy at different rates.

The only way to get a Tier from it would be to get the size of the black hole he makes and then compare it to one from a binary or large star supernova.

GRBs aren't like supernovas. The length of their jets depend on angle which can cause it to lose energy at different rates.

The only way to get a Tier from it would be to get the size of the black hole he makes and then compare it to one from a binary or large star supernova.
I see, that seems fair. Well, I guess someone needs to calc the size of the black hole then.

Well, it is narratively being compared to a real Gamma-Ray Burst, which to me seems like a pretty solid statement to scale it to (at least) a smaller sized version of one. I reckon the physics inconsistencies are simply because, well, plot.

Saitama said it would actually have to touch the Earth to do damage, and well, it didn't. It was shot into space, so no inconsistency with the narrative itself.
I agree with this. The attack being scaled to a gamma ray burst of the same size is fine with me.

Or to not calc anything an give him whatever the average GRB is, as thats what the manga states.

from space battles:

Could calculate the Eddington Luminosity. That would form the upper end of how much energy a real black hole of that size can radiate.

Formula for Eddington Luminosity in watts is L-edd = 3 * 10^4 * 4 * 10^26 * (mass of black hole / mass of sun). A black hole of the size shown on the panel where the attack is first called Gamma Ray Burst would be 350 Earth masses, or about 1/1000 of a solar mass.

Plug that in and we get 1.2 * 10^28 joules per second, about 30 times the sun's output. This would actually take quite a while to scatter the planet.

I think Gamma Ray Bursts are actually somewhat small, looking into it. Relative to how large interstellar bodies usually are, I mean.

from space battles:

Could calculate the Eddington Luminosity. That would form the upper end of how much energy a real black hole of that size can radiate.

Formula for Eddington Luminosity in watts is L-edd = 3 * 10^4 * 4 * 10^26 * (mass of black hole / mass of sun). A black hole of the size shown on the panel where the attack is first called Gamma Ray Burst would be 350 Earth masses, or about 1/1000 of a solar mass.

Plug that in and we get 1.2 * 10^28 joules per second, about 30 times the sun's output. This would actually take quite a while to scatter the planet.
Uh... This is just the energy radiating from it.

Creating the Black Hole itself is a tier 5/4 feat.

from space battles:

if not mistaken, thats 3 exatons per second

I see, that seems
From what I can find, according to the TVO limits a star had to have at least 3x the solar mass of the sun to become a black hole (or at least consistently become one).

Which translates to a radius of 8,862 meters.

Earth has a radius of 9mm and Jupiter has one of like 2.82 meters. So if he breaks double digits there's a good chance he gets in upper 5-A or High 5-A for black hole creation.

A Psykos-Garou fusing sequence sounds pretty hot. I'll take it.
afkgaming%2F2022-02%2Fe063c290-ee60-4c95-b732-82972cbf3298%2FUntitled_design__63___1_.jpg

Saitama still hasn't "gotten serious" yet so I'm real excited for what crazy feats might get pulled off in the future

From what I can find, according to the TVO limits a star had to have at least 3x the solar mass of the sun to become a black hole (or at least consistently become one).

Which translates to a radius of 8,862 meters.

Earth has a radius of 9mm and Jupiter has one of like 2.82 meters. So if he breaks double digits there's a good chance he gets in upper 5-A or High 5-A for black hole creation.
It is most definitely about 5+ meters. But could be bigger here.

is most definitely about 5+ meters. But could be bigger here.
If its 350x Earth then we have our tier already. Size wise it would 5-A due to the weight and if we assume E=MC^2 for mass-energy transfer it would be 1.8786409874582e+44 Joules for creating one out of existing energy.

If its 350x Earth then we have our tier already. Size wise it would 5-A due to the weight and if we assume E=MC^2 for mass-energy transfer it would be 1.8786409874582e+44 Joules for creating one out of existing energy.
Funnily enough that value is nearly the exact same as an average GRB. Wow.

It is most definitely about 5+ meters. But could be bigger here.
Garou's Height = 177 cm

Garou's Leg = 94 cm

Black Hole Length = 6 m

Black Hole Radius = 3 m

Black Hole Formula = ((299792458^2/(2*6.674*10^-11))/(5.972*10^24))*(2.487*10^32) * radius in meters = energy in joules

Energy = ((299792458^2/(2*6.674*10^-11))/(5.972*10^24))*(2.487*10^32) * 3 = 8.412*10^34 Joules, 20.10 Yottatons of TNT (Large Planet level)

If Matt suggested it, then I'm against it (jk, I just don't agree with likely)

The literal only reason why High 4-C is "likely" is due to size. I disagree. The context of Garou knowing all flows of the universe, being able to copy Saitama's abilities to perfection to the point he actually hurt him, and Murata going out of his way to tell us how power his attack is, should be very "definitive" for his tier, which makes the "likely" trivial.

Either way, this should be taken to a CRT so we can actually have a debate about it.

Garou's Height = 177 cm

Garou's Leg = 94 cm

Black Hole Length = 6 m

Black Hole Radius = 3 m

Black Hole Formula = ((299792458^2/(2*6.674*10^-11))/(5.972*10^24))*(2.487*10^32) * radius in meters = energy in joules

Energy = ((299792458^2/(2*6.674*10^-11))/(5.972*10^24))*(2.487*10^32) * 3 = 8.412*10^34 Joules, 20.10 Yottatons of TNT (Large Planet level)
knew it was tier 5, glad i had my hopes low

also god of darkness vs garou pog

Garou's Height = 177 cm

Garou's Leg = 94 cm

Black Hole Length = 6 m

Black Hole Radius = 3 m

Put this on a blog and have it evaluated. :D

Back