• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He’s vaporising by simply slashing faster and in greater numbers... Which is insane to me. XD

edit: how do I insert images here? I can’t seem to find any button that lets me. Was it removed?

the recalc for Focused atomic slashes wasn't even high hypersonic, it was just mach 3.2 iirc.
While the number of slashes and distance moved is far higher than his previous feat, the timeframe is terrible.

He moves 3556 meters just by the amount of times he would have had to swing his arms in Focused atomic slash, but the timeframe is just 3.23 seconds.
In the original Atomic slash against the supersonic guy he moves only 35.77 meters, but the timeframe is 0.00011226 seconds, because the guy had his blade nearly grazing him.
Assuming he can use Focused atomic slash in the same timeframe as regular atomic slash would make him 99x faster than the previous calc and put him at relativistic ( too bad that's calc stacking)

Atomic Samurai actually “focused atomic slashed” during the fall 3 seperate times, it wasn’t all continuous.

The first one, when the single Black Sperm got erased.
The second one, when he’s explaining what the technique is.
Then the third, where “Focused Atomic Slash!” appears on the screen.

Making the timeframe the entire length of the fall is ludicrous.

He’s vaporising by simply slashing faster and in greater numbers... Which is insane to me. XD

edit: how do I insert images here? I can’t seem to find any button that lets me. Was it removed?
It's on the media button, between "quote" and "smilies"( the emoji looking one ) they seemingly need to have Urls to be posted.

Why is timeframe 3.23 seconds? That's a long time in a fight between two-dragon level fighters.
because that's the time it took for him to fall when he used his Atomic slash on Black sperm. wich is still a too much, since he completed the move before falling and black sperm couldn't even react to it travelling and hitting him

It sounds like the Focused Atomic Slash should be revisited then, with a new time frame that accounts for the multiple atomic slashes and gaps between them.

Agreed. Although now we don’t know what the timeframe should be, since the time spent falling should be mostly irrelevant, since there are gaps between attacks.

From what I can tell, a Focused Atomic Slash is just “fast enough that it appears like an energy beam/fast enough to be able to wipe out every single individual sperm in Black Sperm before he can split or regenerate”

But, then again, this technique was developed because of Melzargard; so it’s not supposed to be just for SPLITTING opponents, but opponents that can actually regenerate... but, then again, Melzargard technically doesn’t regenerate, he just puts himself back together...

ahh, so much semantics... brain hurts...

Focused atomic slash moves 3556 meters,
if we use 0.013 as the timeframe required to blitz a regular human (character reactions are usually lowballed to this unless stated otherwise at the moment.) it would be 273538 m/s or mach 798. Still slower than his regular Atomic slash due to that impressive timeframe.

I guess giving BS MHS reaction time would probably make it MFTL, so that makes things difficult. I'm going to bed but I'll think on this one.

3556 meters? That seems a bit TOO long. The fall was not 3000 meters to me; look at the entire length of the tunnel when he says “oh yeah! Need to find the kid” and begins climbing. That looks like 100-200 metres, not 3000, unless I’m missing something or am just really, really stupid.

Focused Atomic Slash has less range than his Atomic Slash, and Air Blade is his ranged attack, but he still couldn’t hit Psykosplane when she was flying overhead.

3556 meters isn't the distance the slash itself travelled, but the amount of movement performed with his arms in order to slice all those black sperm bodies into dust.
Imagine each time he swings his arms he moves them a certain amount of distance, but he does it again and again and again until the sum of movements reached would be 3556 meters.

I think I am really stupid and have misinterpreted what you meant with metres? It wasn’t talking about the range, but like, area travelled?? o_O

edit: ninja’d.

The distance he fell down from , i counted 15 floors add to that MA floors being 12m+ high on avarage with 1.5~ thicc floor/walls hed of falled in the range of 300 meters which seems legit imo

12 meters high on average? That sounds large, but I suppose there are plenty of giant hallways for guys like Rover, Gouketsu, etc.

I would also note that we shouldn't take the entire fall distance and use that for time period, since Atomic Samurai didn't hit the floor until after he had done 3 focused atomic slashes and exchanged dialogue with BS. In reality, it likely only took a fragment of time to do each individual slash

Unfortunately, what makes AS's speed impressive isn't the number of slashes, but him reacting to a guy explicitely faster than sound while said guy had his blade nearly touching his face. If we get a parallel of this scene in the future with FAS we would likely get some very nice upgrades.

Nearly every good speed feat is a character reacting to something with a set speed (light for FTL and relativistic characters, lighting for MHS and sub-rela and bullets/sound for subsonic to high hypersonic. Flashy flash got relativistic for making explosions seem like snails during his fight, for example. )

Eh. To me, slashing with a thin sword at such speed and numbers that it /literally covers every micro-inch of the target and affectively slices every atom to dust to completely negate regeneration/ is a pretty impressive speed feat, since he’s slashing so fast that the FIRST slash doesn’t even have time to stop affecting the target before the FINAL flash ends.

Atomic Samurai explicity states that the swing speed and number of slashes with Focused Atomic Slash is faster than his Atomic Slash; the only drawback is reduced range.

It sounds really impressive, specially since it was based on Teresa's calc, where she reduces an opponent to dust. ( slashing 5 characters not much bigger than the BS clones gave a whooping 1977191 meters compared to Atomic samurai's 3556 meters with the corrected formula by Ugarik. Using the non corrected formula for Atomic samurai would have given him relativistic results even with the 3 seconds timeframe. )

So, the original relativistic results were deemed incorrect? Darn. That sucks because relativistic results would make sense, upscaling from the atomic slash.

Relativistic Atomic samurai is one of the things i really hope for in the future. Personally i think he would be comparable to flashy flash in attack speed if they ever fought in canon.

Very much agree with this. I think the atomic slash, especially the focused atomic slash, would be an attack that Flashy would be hard pressed to parry.

The A class reacting could be explained away by Psykorochi sustaining the beam in place for a second or two, THEN swinging it, cutting the disc with the swing instantly. The beam itself travels VERY, VERY fast, much faster than high hypersonic IMO, it’s just that it was SUSTAINED for a moment before being swung. We know her beams can be sustained with her clash with Genos.

It would be like a real human watching a laser; they can see the laser because it’s being sustained and shining continuously, but there’s no way in heck a regular human saw that laser activate and travel in motion in real time.
I have something in mind even though I'm a noob at calcing stuff

MA tower height: 8708 meters

Average ocean depth: 3688 meters

Water width: 2676298.36 meter

Distance traveled by the beam (hypotenuse of the triangle): √12396²+2676298.36² =
2676327.06 meters

Let's say the beam traveled the distance in 1/12th of a second. Which is optimal for stone skipping.

32115924.72m/s (10.71% SOL)

Psykos didn't broke any Guinness world record this time.

Two things, Psykos is cutting beneath the oceanic crust, so you'll need to go deeper than 3688 meters. At the thickest part of the sea slab, it probably goes down a km or two. Also, why 1/12th of a second? Because of rock-skipping? I'm not saying that this is far off the mark, but you should base the time frame on something more substantial.

I don't think we base stuff on reaction times, but otherwise I would say the beam has to be moving at MHS/MHS+ speeds, to where Tatsumaki can avoid them without great difficulty but not so slow that she couldn't be surprised and tagged by the first one. I would work backwards from there and find the timeframe that way.

If we say they're roughly comparable to Tatsumaki's speed: 699,435 m/s or mach 2039. Meaning the beam was held for 3.8 seconds according to your distance. Of course, Tatsumaki and the beams could always be a couple times faster.

Last edited:
Btw why is the explosions in FF calc snail speed , pretty sure murata wanted to draw stuff as stopped in time and he aint no god whos gonna draw everything the exact same thing perfectly from many different angles .

If that gets animated in S3 someday pretty sure itll be animated as time stopped.

Btw why is the explosions in FF calc snail speed , pretty sure murata wanted to draw stuff as stopped in time and he aint no god whos gonna draw everything the exact same thing perfectly from many different angles .

If that gets animated in S3 someday pretty sure itll be animated as time stopped.
Well, if it didn't exactly come across as time seemingly being stopped, then that's hardly a good basis for using time being pretty much stopped for a calculation regardless of what the actual intetion was, isn't it?

You guys talking about FAS, I thought there might be another way to find the time, since Atomic destroys 6 of them without even knowing what was going on, so it would be something like this:

For 1 BS he would have to move 3556.4445 meters, so he did it with 6, so it would be 21338.67.

As none of them could see, then they could use human reaction time: 0.004545 seconds

*V = 21338.67 / 0.004545

*V = 4694976.89 m / s, or 0.01c (Sub-Relativistic)

You guys talking about FAS, I thought there might be another way to find the time, since Atomic destroys 6 of them without even knowing what was going on, so it would be something like this:

For 1 BS he would have to move 3556.4445 meters, so he did it with 6, so it would be 21338.67.

As none of them could see, then they could use human reaction time: 0.004545 seconds

*V = 21338.67 / 0.004545

That sounds pretty solid to me, besides making sense from a scaling perspective.

True. Should we bring this up on the current CRT or create a new one? God's tier should probably revert to Unknown.
Gods tier is unknown in the wiki, but he also has an at least 7-B as place holder. His tier should be similar to Saitama (High 6-A, likely higher)
Or maybe a complete unknown should be fine.

I meant completely unknown. We could easily scale him above Psykorochi, but I think it's safer just to say Unknown. He'll probably end up being stronger than we can guess with current scaling

*V = 21338.67 / 0.004545

Would it be possible to use Supersonic reaction time for this calculation instead? Speed-o'-Sound Sonic can create sonic booms with the anime outright stating that he is faster than the speed of sound and a hydrated Deep Sea King was able to catch up with him. Unless a hydrated Deep Sea King was portrayed as exceptionally fast for his level of power Black Sperm should be superior to that as a Dragon-level threat. There is also the fact that Black Sperm could tag Atomic Samurai who is much faster than Iaian who could cut bullets. There might also be a way to scale Black Sperm for this calculation above Haragiri who was stated to be able to draw his sword at speeds faster than sound.

Last edited:
Black Sperm dodged a slash from Atomic, then Atomic called him ‘a nimble one’, so shouldn’t BS be supersonic by default at the least?

Wait, 0.004545 seconds is the human reaction time? Wouldn't that be Subsonic+ according to that page?

Last edited:
god should be at least high 6-A. he literally was stated to be the one to give fused psykos her powers.

Back