• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of evidence given doesn't mean my argument is any more correct, what matters is the end result and if they're able to respond to my points or not.

In the end, that was it.

For example, if the debate is Flat Earth vs Round Earth, and flat earth gives 15 images to try and prove Flat Earth and Round Earth only posts 1 image for the Round Earth and Flat Earth can no longer respond to their point:

Flat Earth doesn't win the debate because they posted more evidence, they lose the debate because even though they posted more evidence, they couldn't back that evidence up with rehtoric

Because it will change how Dragon Level characters are in AP

And it will give Tatsumaki Country Level AP and not Island level

this is an entirely different discussion but shouldnt metal knight be at least high 7-A with prep because he constructed a shelther that tanked multiple high 7-A missiles without a scratch.

Why does mangasteam always take so long to translate OPM?

OPM can come out a week in advance and the shonen jump chapters of the next week will still be translated first

I don't really trust ***********' translations, for the 2 cases I've seen them used, they seem unreliable.

Like how I was able to translate the original text better than they did with my extremely limited understanding of Japanese and a Japanese dictionary

You do realize that VibhavM translates the chapter a few hours after the raw chapter is released and posts it on ******** right?

By the way i think i find something which can also be a speed feat for Flashy Flash,not sure how fast this is tho.

Flash was able to run dozens of meters from B point to A point and then jump back to B point , all that whiile the monsters are still frozens in the air,i think this is possible to calc the time it take to fall down to something and then use it in order to find Flash's speed

Tetsucabrah said:
Why does mangasteam always take so long to translate OPM?
OPM can come out a week in advance and the shonen jump chapters of the next week will still be translated first
Well *********** usually translates stuff to get it out first and the most clicks/ad revenue. Since the Reddit Translation always comes out first its usually not worth it for them to rush to get a chapter out quickly.

The amount of evidence given doesn't mean my argument is any more correct, what matters is the end result and if they're able to respond to my points or not.

I did respond to all of your points though. Then we agreed that the debate wasn't going anywhere so I called in various staff members to weigh in on the discussion. The debate proper is done, its the decision that's currently being discussed. If you meant that I didn't respond to your last comments, then yeah I didn't. Because that was the last comment in the debate, as you went second so you also get the last response.

Ryu also agrees with me that the cities aren't country sized. So overall of the five staff members that's commented all of them agree with my interpretations of the cities.

I'll make a calc blog with @The Causality's number to get a weight when I have the free time. Then Tornado can be upgraded to Class T. Although I still personally think we should wait for the actual base lift scene, but I guess it doesn't matter in the long run.

Many Of your counter arguments were either points Yog hadn't made before or your premise reworded, which isn't a valid response to a counter point.

And the second someone said "Staff input" I knew it would be the usual "FRA" nonesense, with everyone who's agreeing with you not stating why in any clear manner.

Therefir made the argument that you won based on the amount of images you posted in tournaments points, which isn't a reason.

DarkDragonMedeus did said the usual "I think X is making more sense here." Which isn't a reason of any clear value at all, Matthew just said you're 100% correct but didn't elaborate and none of them have given any proper reasoning.

FRA all over again.

But they ultimately agree with me that the cities aren't the size of nations. Ryu also agrees with me and he's the main OPM admin on the site. So we're not going with country level AP/lifting strength for Tornado/various Dragons until they get a feat that would back such a rating.

This is getting kinda pointless to be honest. The only relevance it has is whether or not Murata was referring to her simply lifting the main residential area, or the entire segment of that area on general, including the mountains and forests. Of which there is zero evidence to suggest the latter

>But they ultimately agree with me that the cities aren't the size of nations

But what do they agree you won on? What point? What Angle? Etc.

Their vague responses is likely just FRA where they chose not to read the bibles we threw at each other and just agree with whatever predisposition they have coming in.

>This is getting kinda pointless to be honest. The only relevance it has is whether or not Murata was referring to her simply lifting the main residential area, or the entire segment of that area on general, including the mountains and forests. Of which there is zero evidence to suggest the latter

Literally read everything we've written to each other, that was the point of it being a text debate.

But what do they agree you won on?

Ryu agrees with my interprations of the various city destruction, Elizhaa believes my points are more supported with calcs and statements, and Therefir believes my points to be more supported with evidence. Matt and Dragon may have to expand on tbeir thoughts, but so far they've all agreed with my presentation of the city's sizes rather than yours.

>Ryu agrees with my interprations of the various city destruction

That's an agreement with your premise, which is what I brought up in my previous comment, that people aren't actually reading the thread and are just agreeing with someone who agrees with their predisposition.

>Elizhaa believes my points are more supported with calcs and statements

She talks about how they're portrayed in maps, which wasn't your argument, it was mine, and it was the argument you had the most difficulty with.

>Therefir believes my points to be more supported with evidence

I addressed this, his point isn't an argument.

>Matt and Dragon may have to expand on tbeir thoughts, but so far they've all agreed with my presentation of the city's sizes rather than yours.

This is literally the FRA thing I addressed.

She talks about how they're portrayed in maps, which wasn't your argument, it was mine, and it was the argument you had the most difficulty with.

The most difficulty? That was one of the points I felt I countered the hardest. Just because you think you're correct or that you've debunked me doesn't make it true, and the reverse applies to me as well. Which is why a third party needed to decide on which viewpoint to go with, and so far they've only agreed with mine.

Tornado just isn't getting a 6-B upgrade based on the Murata quote. For now at least, since future information could always prove you right.

Why don't we just wait for her to do the actual feat in the manga?

>The most difficulty? That was one of the points I felt I countered the hardest.

Yes. The most difficulty, as you, in the end, had to resort to several different points to try and discredit the scans rather that anything else, which I countered entirely, meaning, you did have the most difficulty,

>Just because you think you're correct or that you've debunked me doesn't make it true

You do know you've made such an argument yourself, right? And I never said whatever I think is correct is true, you don't have to straw man me.

>Which is why a third party needed to decide on which viewpoint to go with, and so far they've only agreed with mine.

Based purely on nothing of value what so ever.

>

which I countered entirely,

I didn't see any of what you wrote as a counter and evidentlt neither do any of the staff members.

Based purely on nothing of value what so ever.

They looked over it and agreed with me. Staff input is required for any change, and so far all of the staff who has responded do not agree with you.

Why don't we just wait for her to do the actual feat in the manga?

That was the original suggestion, but Udl believes there's enough current evidence to upgrade Tornado to 6-B and give her country level lifting strength with TK. Which is why the debate ended up where it did.

Personally I think we should just wait for the base lift to occur so we can get: KE, a size shot of the base, and how large City Z is. But I'm currently fine with moving her to Class T based on Kep and TC's horizon thing.

Anyways did anyone read the one shot Murata drew? Of the cyborg fighting the mage.

It was deemed that the method I used was not accurate. Basically unless I get a 3D program to map out the land waves or find some way to use meteor impact landslides then the feat can't be calced.

Speaking of waves, I've been wondering.

https://s5.********.org/data/236eba40ee0d6cf1047cf9cdbd45ac0b/x5.jpg

https://s5.********.org/data/236eba40ee0d6cf1047cf9cdbd45ac0b/x6.jpg

https://s5.********.org/data/236eba40ee0d6cf1047cf9cdbd45ac0b/x7.jpg

http://prntscr.com/oosab3

this tidal wave which I'm presuming is made by the Deep Sea King, would it amount to anything?

I'm guessing no but it's something I've been thinking about. It's even debateable if Deep Sea King is doing this on his own or with the help of his minions too I guess.

https://s5.********.org/data/93dd020a4dce3e018ed6a6806c0cb467/x37.jpg

https://s5.********.org/data/236eba40ee0d6cf1047cf9cdbd45ac0b/x2.jpg

somewhat related I guess just more supporting evidence for 8-C A class heroes.

This thing is only a wolf level threat. Stinger one shot like 5 of the tiger level sea monsters.

I was thinking about that as well, but since there's a possible argument that it's a collective effort from the entire race I never really pushed for it.

I do think there's a decent enough argument for Deep Sea King doing it mostly on his own.

Unless they think a bunch of tigers and wolf levels can cause a tidal wave like that.

A wave in this case could be created in a variety of ways. Considering there was like 10-20+ of them I just don't think it would yield good results for DSK. Well results better than his current tier at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back