• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
INB4 half big bang statement is in Portuguese guidebook

Ryukama said:
INB4 half big bang statement is in Portuguese guidebook
We will find:

Saitama punches with the force of a Big Bang.

Geryuganshoop can create Black Holes.

L╠Âi╠Âl╠Â'╠ ╠ÂT╠Âa╠Ây╠ Tatsumaki can destroy the Planet with a meteor.

Star busting roaring cannon can destroy stars.

Saitama can one shot himself from yesterday.

Saitama is a gag character.

Tetsucabrah said:
The real problem is, is there even anything left to learn in the guidebook?
Anything noteworthy I mean.
The handbook is like 180 pages long and only a handful of pages / statements were translated, most notably the page about Blast rumors. And the Boros Roaring Cannon thingy.

The handbook goes ham in depth on all the heroes and monsters that appeared in the series up until that point so it's worth a look.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Tetsucabrah said:
The real problem is, is there even anything left to learn in the guidebook?
Anything noteworthy I mean.
The handbook is like 180 pages long and only a handful of pages / statements were translated, most notably the page about Blast rumors. And the Boros Roaring Cannon thingy.
The handbook goes ham in depth on all the heroes and monsters that appeared in the series up until that point so it's worth a look.
Damn, nice.

I'm against it honestly. All of the rocks he threw at Saitama were notable smaller than the big one he shown in the earlier image (Since the 10+ rocks just covered Saitama's torso) and you can even compare it to Saitama's head. I don't see an indication that he threw anything really huge at Saitama and right after that panel we see him form a tornado around himself. It seems like he grinded all of the rocks down before he tossed them rather than threw them as is, especially since Murata said he gets rid of friction meaning that their speed wouldn't have grinded them down.

I disagree with that to be honest. The size of the rocks when thrown just seems like another case of poor scaling. One Punch Man has had issue's with that in the past, such as the case with Beefcake and the Meteor. It just looks to me like the look smaller due to how fast they're moving, and simply so Murata could fit them all onto one panel.

Furthermore, the rocks would have obviously broken apart as soon as they hit Saitama, so the small rock he was holding was simply just a piece from a previously much larger chunk of rock

The throwing speed is accepted to be baseline relativistic (10%) while the calcs uses 30% and upwards

Don't think we can apply it

30-50% is a fair low ball, the Japanese: õ║£ÕàëÚǃ

That means "Near Light Speed", 10% isn't near light, so 30-50% is definitely fair.

>were notable smaller than the big one he shown in the earlier image

This is likely Murata drawing them with an effect to make it easier to draw, Manga artists are renowned for cutting corners (Toriyama reusing panels repeatedly)

>It seems like he grinded all of the rocks down before he tossed them rather than threw them as is

Its not, it's just how Murata has chosen to draw them in flight, for example, in the Anime the rocks thrown by Geryuganshoop appear as Rays of Light and pierce the Dark Matter Theives' ship.

>especially since Murata said he gets rid of friction meaning that their speed wouldn't have grinded them down.

He does say that, so we know Geryuganshoop wouldn't shave them down (as that is never shown or stated) because he can't shave it down via movement.

Furthermore, the rocks would have obviously broken apart as soon as they hit Saitama

But the rocks he threw were smaller than his head and more importantly the rock "beams" were in total smaller than Saitama's torso. They just aren't as big as the large rocks before the tornado

so we know Geryuganshoop wouldn't shave them down (as that is never shown or stated)

It is shown. The beams are much smaller than Saitama, even when all grouped up.

Your entire comment I summed up with:

"Its not, it's just how Murata has chosen to draw them in flight, for example, in the Anime the rocks thrown by Geryuganshoop appear as Rays of Light and pierce the Dark Matter Theives' ship."

Its just that they're drawn different.

Like I said, that's just poor scaling. One Punch Man has a lot of those unfortunately, Murata obviously isn't going to meticulously scale each object to make sure they're properly scaled. Murata needed to fit them all into one panel.

I disagree with your premise, I'm sorry. I just don't think this is a good way to disregard the feat.

If they're shown and drawn to be much smaller after a tornado, why shouldn't they be smaller? I'm fine with using the feat, I just think the rocks should be scaled from Geryu's head after he throws them rather than before they were broken up.

Because there's nothing to suggest that he broke them down, there'd be no reason for him to do that. Its just poor scaling, I don't think its reasonable to downgrade the feat just because of that, lots of scenes in OPM abuse such things constantly. Even Tatsumaki's feat that she's currently scaled from suffers from the same thing

If anyhting it'd be quite contradictory to suggest he broke them apart when he started spinning them around in his tornado when his whole thing is that no matter how large the object or how fast he throws it he can completely negate the friction around it, preventing it from breaking apart. I see no reason why he would break them apart during the tornado spin instead of before hand, and I see no reason to suggest he can't throw objects that large at that speed when he's already spinning it in his tornado at such speeds.

Its just poor scaling

How is it inconsistent though? He takes a bunch of large rocks, creates a tornado, and when he does his attack the rocks he throws are visibly much smaller and are comparable to Saitama's torso as a group. Even in the anime the rocks he throws are pretty small.

I'm just suggesting that an alternate end be made by comparing the streaks to his head, rather than just with the giant rocks he just does not throw.

Just looking at this page, it is clear that at least the majority of rocks being thrown are not nearly as big as the one scaled in the calc.

So multiplying that result by the number of rocks on-panel is definitely wrong at least.

Qawsedf234's suggestion of an alternate end to be calced seems reasonable.

Again, I disagree with using the rocks perceivable size when being launched at high speeds being used to determine their actual size when projectiles quite often look smaller at high speeds than when stationary. Look at how poorly objects significantly larger than Tatsumaki scales to her when she launches them at high speeds

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0035-012.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0035-013.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0032-022.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0032-023.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0034-024.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0034-025.png

The fact that they appeared to be the size of Saitama's torso not only doesn't help your point, in fact, it quite honestly proves mine, since as the scan you linked shows, each one of Geryu's projectiles were being fired off one after another, not at the same time https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0034-003.png Meaning only one rock hit him at a time rather than all at once. We could honestly just compare the size of the rock to Saitama's torse from that scan if you'd like to make another end.

I'm fine with you making another end with your suggested scale, of course, I just don't agree with using it. I'd even agree with using the low end of the calc I linked, which would roughly garner High 7-A results

>Just looking at this page, it is clear that at least the majority of rocks being thrown are not nearly as big as the one scaled in the calc.

In that image those would be larger, as they're measured to Geryuganshoop, who is 6.9m tall.

And this is literal nit picking and absurd arbitrary requirement you're placing on Murata to have him pixel scale his own drawing to have them be exactly the same size.

This is incredibly dumb way of arguing because you're ignoring the factor that Murata is a human and thus will change images to make them easier to draw.

Given the fact he stopped drawing the rocks all together and had them appear as plain streaks of light should indicate this like a Lighthouse to the face.

>rather than just with the giant rocks he just does not throw.

He does throw the rocks, they don't disappear, Murata just doesn't draw them because people should be able to put 2 and 2 together and come to the Incredibly basic conclusion that he threw all the rocks.

The fact that they appeared to be the size of Saitama's torso not only doesn't help your point, in fact, it quite honestly proves mine, since as the scan you linked shows, each one of Geryu's projectiles were being fired off one after another, not at the same time

The rocks are thrown in successive order back to back and form a solid beam all together. Said beam is only the size of Saitama's torso. Like with what Damage said, I think a secondary calc is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back