• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperAPM said:
How does that help your point?
Because all of the beams added together is what covers Saitama's torso. Not any one beam.

How do you figure it was every rock put together, when Geryu was blatantly firing off each projectile one after another? How can it be considered that each rock hit him at the same time, when its pretty clear they only hit him one after another?

Because the beams don't instantly disappear, even in the anime. Also multiple rocks were fired at the same time and in extremely close proximity to each other. I'll just a secondary calc and see what other calc members think of it.

Its a still image. How can you possibly determine it finished off simultaneously? I'm looking at the scan now and only one appears to be moving at close proximity to another rock, right at the front. At best everything looks closer together due to perspective.

An alternative calc would be appreciated tho.

I'll just leave my argument against the notion that the rocks he threw were smaller than the ones he picked up. Here are the scans for reference

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0034-002.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0034-003.png

Now I know the rocks appear to be smaller in the second scan, but aside from the fact that objects moving at tremendous velocity usually appear smaller than when stationary in One Punch Man, Geryu's actual height would suggest its actually bigger than if compared to a humans head. Look at the second measurements in the calc here

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dariel_Senju/Geryuganshoop_AP

The rock that is being measured to Geryu is not a perfect circle, its actually in the rough shape of an oval. Whilst its equivelant to Geryu's head when positioned vertically, it'd measure pretty comparitively to the rocks he threw in the second scan if you positioned is horizontally. Give or take a couple centimeter's of course, the rocks would obviously be fired off horizontally due to aerodynamics. While the rocks being fired off obviously don't take up much horizontal space, what's not being taken into account is the amount of space they take up vertically, which is obviously more than it appears.

Furhtermore, its quite clear in the second scan that Geryu fired each rock individually, with each rock hitting Saitama one after another. This can be seen in not only how each projectile are shown in different positions when being fired, but the sound effect that shown when Saitama is being pelted

BAM-BA-BA-BA-BA-BAM

This suggests that each projectile was hitting Saitama consecutively, one after another, as opposed to all at once, which would most often garner a single BAM sound effect. It is pretty safe to say that the impact on Saitama in the second scan was of one projectile at a time, rather than one at a time. This is obviously important to note, since if it was all at once the rocks would have to be considerably smaller. But since it is only one rock scaling from his chest, it matches almost comparitively to the rock measured against Saitama in the Calc linked above.

The single rock Saitama held and threw at Geryu was obviously a piece of a much larger rock that had broken off once it hit Saitama. You can see the broken debree fall behind Saitama once it hits him in the second scan.

Well I did the thing. Assuming spheres.

• 28.329 cm = 11903.984577135 cm^3 = 19.07 kg
  • 31.87 cm = 16949.028608089 cm^3 = 27.152 kg
  • 23.017 cm = 6384.762917727 cm^3 = 10.228 kg
  • 51.346 cm = 70879.14526348 cm^3 = 113.548 kg
  • 30.099 cm = 14277.587263163 cm^3 = 22.872 kg
  • 14.164 cm = 1487.8405008672 cm^3 = 2.383 kg
  • 17.7 cm = 2903.4772092073 cm^3 = 4.651 kg
  • 14.164 cm = 1487.8405008672 cm^3 = 2.383 kg
  • 12.394 cm = 996.85753915747 cm^3 = 1.596 kg
  • 19.4763 cm = 3868.2807704184 cm^3 = 6.196 kg
  • 24.788 cm = 7974.8603132597 cm^3 = 12.775 kg
  • 23.017 cm = 6384.762917727 cm^3 = 10.228 kg
Total kg = 233.082 kg. Using the same calculator

• LE = 1.011E+18 joules (7-A)
  • ME = 1.908E+18 joules (7-A)
  • HE = 3.240E+18 joules (7-A+)
Would scale to Geryu, Venus Fly Trap Man, and Boros. Well, either calc would.

Hm, fair enough. Tho I still vote on using the calc that I linked above, those should work too.

Tho as an aside, do you think its reasonable to scale Groribas to it?

Geryuganshoop scales to Melzagard, Groribus and Base form Boros.

BTW, What speed is this calc using?

The following scales in my view

• Geryuganshoop = Did the feat
  • Groribus = Stated as being the best fighter outside of Boros
  • Boros = More powerful than all of his commanders
  • Orochi = Stated as being strong enough to wipe all three commanders at once
Melzagard doesn't scale in my view. He doesn't have Groribus' strength statement and was injured by both PPP and Iaian, he relies mostly on regen to get stuff done.

Like the linked one did. 30%, 40%, 50% SoL. Higher percentages, while argued before, haven't been accepted on the wiki afaik.

SuperAPM said:
Tho as an aside, do you think its reasonable to scale Groribas to it?
Groribas was considered their best fighter, even better in combat than Melzagard.

Melzagard is likely the lowest ranked of the two, with Geryuganshoop being the highest among them, being Boros' right hand man.

Melzagard also thought that a fight between the S-Class, who he has been fighting for a few minutes, and Geryuganshoop would be over with their victory in less amount of time it would take the charge the bombardment, which was a minute+ going by the Anime, and likely shorter in the manga.

I know about Geryu's statements on Groribas but is it fully applicable to say that he should scale to it?

Qawsedf234

Do you think we should keep Melzagard's AP the same whilst lowering his Durability? Considering he got a bunch of holes blown into him by PPP, perhaps his regenerative capabilities allows him to hit harder than his durability?

Melzagard would scale as he's all AP and no durability (As shown in the way he fights) but he can still scale, even harming Bang in the Manga, Anime wanks Bang to say he needed a massage.

And this Puri-Puri-Prisoner did get the upgrade to let him curb stomp a Deep Sea King level being.

Orochi vs the three was stated that they had little chance of winning, however, they would (together) somewhat scale.

Also, 50% should be used as the words Murata used was "Near Light speed" and "Near" means to be closer to finish than start, and by rounding, this would mean 50%

I dunno really, mostly since Geryu' thing is based on TK rather than physicals. Maybe a "possibly" or "likely" rating? So "At least 7-B (Stronger than Choze), likely 7-A (Best fighter and Geryu scaling)"

Melzagard would scale as he's all AP and no durability (As shown in the way he fights) but he can still scale, even harming Bang in the Manga, Anime wanks Bang to say he needed a massage.

And this Puri-Puri-Prisoner did get the upgrade to let him curb stomp a Deep Sea King level being.

• For PPP that statement, even if it does apply to this version of the character, would still make him much weaker than 7-A

SuperAPM said:
I know about Geryu's statements on Groribas but is it fully applicable to say that he should scale to it?
Depends, I would say so based on the fact that Geryuganshoop himself thought that that Groribas was a better fighter than him, but Geryuganshoop appears to have confidence issues.

There also was the fact that Geryuganshoop thought he could take on a person who one shot Groribas, but this could be due to the fact that he was forced to fight Saitama.

Bang mentioned his back was sore after the battle with Melzargard but that might just be because he's old and has inherent back problems. lol

Qawsedf234 said:
The following scales in my view
  • Geryuganshoop = Did the feat
  • Groribus = Stated as being the best fighter outside of Boros
  • Boros = More powerful than all of his commanders
  • Orochi = Stated as being strong enough to wipe all three commanders at once
Melzagard doesn't scale in my view. He doesn't have Groribus' strength statement and was injured by both PPP and Iaian, he relies mostly on regen to get stuff done.

Like the linked one did. 30%, 40%, 50% SoL. Higher percentages, while argued before, haven't been accepted on the wiki afaik.

Golden Sperm scales too.

I'm wondering if either Melz or Grori were even that physically strong. Geryu obviously wasn't, he was psychic. Melz was obviously strong enough to one shot a monster comparable to DSK and do massive environmental damage, but either than that it seems his insane Regenerationn and shapeshifting compensated for what appeared to be rather lackluster physical stats. I literally don't know how to quantify Grori to be honest, but maybe he also had rather subpar physical stats and his acid breath was what made him so deadly

Also, seeing that part in Japanese, he was hit so hard he bounced between several pillars before landing into a crater.

It's very likely that he was somewhat damaged, and that would mean Melzagard at full power would be able to damage Bang somewhat.

>I literally don't know how to quantify Grori to be honest, but maybe he also had rather subpar physical stats and his acid breath was what made him so deadly

Nah, in the manga special for Groribas he lists of 5 abilities, 4 of which are purely physical, so he's definately more physical than Special/Ranged.

Saitama has been bounded between stuff before and took no damage. Considering he just seemingly shrugs it off and takes it has muscle relaxment, I don't see Mel hitting that hard.

Qawsedf234 said:
Saitama has been bounded between stuff before and took no damage. Considering he just seemingly shrugs it off and takes it has muscle relaxment, I don't see Mel hitting that hard.
That's not really an accurate comparison, because Saitama intentionally lets himself take damage and then he'll fight back, Bang is far more pragmatic and goes for the kill (when not against his students).

I think that while Melz AP is quite questionable it should still be City level at least. But I would make the suggestion that his Durability is probably lower than his AP

I'd place his durability at Unknown, as he blocked Bang, Puri-Puri and Co. but also let himself get hit when the fight started.

Perhaps he needs to concentrate to resist attacks, and his durability when passive is quite low by comparison

SuperAPM said:
Perhaps he needs to concentrate to resist attacks, and his durability when passive is quite low by comparison
It's either something like that or like Majin Buu where it ranges on whenever he feels like it.

I think your reasoning on Grori's scaling is fair enough as well.

Tho on a side note did you guys know he's actually like 26'11 feat?

SuperAPM said:
I think your reasoning on Grori's scaling is fair enough as well.

Tho on a side note did you guys know he's actually like 26'11 feat?
Oddly enough, that makes sense since Geryuganshoop is 22' tall, and such.

Dragon Level threats seem to like being big boys.

Personally, I'd prefer if Melz and Grori simply scaled off of being Dragons (stronger than Choze) trather han simply scaling off of Geryu just because they may possibly be on par. Simply being subordinates doesn't mean they're all comparable. At least the MA Capo's were more explicit on their scaling.

I personally think only Geryu, Boros and Orochi should scale off of this to be honest, but I'll let you debate which option should be taken

I don't mind that, as Groribas is literally below featless and Melzagard varies.

And like I said, Geryuganshoop also thought he could beat someone who one shot Groribas.

And ESP users are often way above physical fighters.

Fubuki, the second weakest ESP user we've seen (Only above the literal fodder who can barely lift up rocks) has a Low 7-B aftermath feat during her power demonstration to Tatsumaki.

Geryuganshoop would either be Second or Third, being above Psychos but below Tatsumaki, it just depends if what they say about Blast ruling Psychic power is true or not.

Geryuganshoop should gain the basic psychic powers, for example, Genos has a book on Psychic powers and wants to learn Psychic powers too, and he lists off the basic of basic abilities:

Like setting things of fire with their mind.

He should also gain abilities like Psychic shield as well, as he showed some sort of shield in the anime, not sure if the Manga, it's hard to tell and shows up even less, but he should have it as he should be above the likes of Fubuki, who has a Psychic shield.

Evil eye also has a psychic shield and he was considered about the same power as Fubuki (As he thought adding her to his eyes would make him significantly stronger)

I will say, Melzagard should have "At least 7-B, likely higher", same with Groribas, as he should be above Melzagard.

Geryuganshoop should get Relativist+ Reaction speeds to, as he has to move the objects with his mind, his mind should be able to react to them otherwise he'd never hit or he'd lose control.

Melzagard should get "Varies" durability with his max being shown was when he was able to resist an attack from Bang.

Geryuganshoop specifically should get Psychic shield, and all ESP users should get Fire Manipulation (As stated by Genos), Psuedo-Wind Manipulation/Flat Out Wind Manipulation as they consistently show them messing with the air and weather (See Blizzard, Tatsumaki vs Evil Eye, Geryuganshoop's Tornado of Death and so on), same with Psuedo-Lightning Manip too, as Geryuganshoop generated Lightning when he's using his tornado, and IIRC Tatsumaki and Evil Eye Generated lightning when they fought.

ESP users who can attack using the Psychic Twister attack should be able to bypass Low-High Regen, as Tatsumaki was able to kill Evil Eye who appeared as a small droplet of Water and grew out from that, and then survived being compressed into a Square.

This would apply to Geryuganshoop, Tatsumaki and possibly Fubuki, though I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back