• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Character for Every Tier 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you care if someone or multiple people don't like a series?

And why should that just cancel these threads that have gone on for almost 30 threads?

That why i prefer debate with weak characters, versus with basically "passive Tier 1 hax & lol immortality" has nothing fun in debate.

Anyway, what is going on with this thread ?

Kaltias said:
I don't even think that it's hate or something, i'm just extremely confused by how "has free will in spite of the Godhead's influence" became "Simon the Digger but 1-A"
this

all of this

Basically, people tend to dislike "smurf characters", and the fact that those tend to be spammed and constantly brought up certainly doesn't help.

DMB 1 said:
Basically, people tend to dislike "smurf characters", and the fact that those tend to be spammed and constantly brought up certainly doesn't help.
Personally I like Smurfs as I find their powers interesting and like to see how the author wrote them in the story, but I dislike VS battles involving Smurfs as its a waste of time, its either they stomp or get stomped.

Smurfs are characters with a powers that are dimensionally higher than their attack potency.

So no, infinite 3-D hax is not smurf material

TES is hard to understand by typical versus communities primarily because it doesn't treat it's metaphysics with a standard hierarchy of power in mind. Much of it is abstract and philosophical and it doesn't translate well to "Who beats who".

As opposed to verses who take the same metaphysical terms and just apply them to Shounen power creep logic when blowing up the universe isn't enough.

It's more a consequence of the verse and how it is written than an attitude vs communities have in general.

Dargoo Faust said:
TES is hard to understand by typical versus communities primarily because it doesn't treat it's metaphysics with a standard hierarchy of power in mind. Much of it is abstract and philosophical and it doesn't translate well to "Who beats who".
As opposed to verses who take the same metaphysical terms and just apply them to Shounen power creep logic when blowing up the universe isn't enough.

It's more a consequence of the verse and how it is written than an attitude vs communities have in general.
Exactly. The Elder Scrolls is like Cthulu Mythos. They are both about metaphysics, philosophies and mythos. Not a Masada shouting match.

I feel as though that's not True for Cthulhu Mythos, I don't really remember reading anything about Metaphusics or phulsophies in Cthulhu Mythos, only Cosmic horror.

World of Darkness has more Philosophies and Metaphysics than most verses out there currently, anyway.

I see, well, it's because Tier 0 isn't the All Powerful tier anymore, it's of Absolute and Nigh-Absolute beings.

And the Law of Identity is a Nigh-Absolute being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back