• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Character for Every Tier 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the whole stick of Lovecraftian horror that humans are pretty much meaningless insects in a world of beings that could destroy them by rising a finger?

That is the definition of "intentionally overpowered".

Which mind you, is perfectly fine for a "cosmic horror" sort of story (heck it's needed to make it work)

Power is meaningless by itself. What matters is if it fits the story

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Ye But
Lovecraft wasn't made intentionally overpowered
It was in a different sense, instead of todays:

"Look how powerful these characters are, they'll kick your butt!!!"

It was so much more:

"You see these characters, no matter what you do, you'll never be able to even understand them, you're lowly, weak, pathetic insects to these Gods, and no matter what you do, there's nothing you can do to stop them, you're nothing more than a toy for them to play with until they get bored."

That honestly seems worse tbh, not that im hating on the Mythos and it fits and makes sense for the story but still.

I know and it makes sense so I have no problem with it, its just more extreme then "this guy can kick your butt".

PsychoWarper said:
What tier will Ban take?
Right now he'll take 9-C. When we get more info on his tier 7 key he'll get that spot too. Also what's the competition for 9-B, Ban might get a double tier 9 key due to his asclepius.

Guys, just a little reminder:

When a power given to someone by a 1-A, or the source itself is 1-A, that doesn't necessarily mean that the power itself has 1-A potency.

David defeated Goliath with a sling and thanks to God's help. Does that make David Tier 0 now?

Overlord775 said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Also what's the competition for 9-B, Ban might get a double tier 9 key due to his asclepius.
Void Shiki and Ashen with prep time
Akabane Kuroudo is becoming a sure 9-B (won't have a 9-C key anymore which is why i didn't put him on the 9-C along with Ban). Ban may get a double key but im not too sure. The competition doesn't seem all that great tbh.

Existing is by definition passive.

To have a physiology that exists outside of something is a passive effect of existing.

Human Physiology gives me passive Blood Circulation.

They are explained in depth. There are two whole Blogs dedicated to that.

But... nobody reads them so **** it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
These threads should be canceled I think. they contribute to the worst in VBW culture.
Then do not participate.

There are a lot of people that find these threads fun, it's the primal idea of VS debating in the first place; "who's the strongest?"

If you don't find it fun and think it's bad, then don't go into the thread call people dumb and you might get people on your side.

Ultima Reality said:
They are explained in depth. There are two whole Blogs dedicated to that.
But... nobody reads them so **** it.
I read it...back in September, so I barely remember shit, but I read it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
These threads should be canceled I think. they contribute to the worst in VBW culture.
I actually agree
I think these help to find matches for characters which is the whole point of VSBW and this is 1 of the liveliest topics in VSBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back