• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter: Wrestlers are hella strong + Final Fight adjustments and some more things

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Pro Wrestlers have crazy lifting strength

A bunch of Class M calcs have been made, one performed by the wrestlers of Saturday Night Slam Masters, which is a prequel to Final Fight and thus canon to Street Fighter (I'll make files for these peopl), and two performed by yours truly Zangief. This would theoretically upgrade the current maximum level LS of a bunch of characters, namely the 9-As who scale to Zangief (basically only Honda. Hakan and top tiers like Ryu, Ken...) and everyone who's 8-B or higher.

First I want to discuss the reason why SF characters should scale to the Slam Masters wrestlers.
Aside from from those who do because of tiering (remember the UES based on Ki), the Slam Masters wrestlers are main eventers for the Capcom Wrestling Association (CWA), the same organization that occasionally hosts Zangief, who's a world-famous champion, as seen in Street Fighter V, where he is also depicted as comparable to Haggar.

I also want to propose an upgrade for Laura, giving her at least a "possibly/likely" LS rating scaling to Zangief. She is regarded as one of Zangief's grappling buddies and bursting with muscle spirit. They are also seen somewhat wresting each other. Zangief also compares her muscles to his own. Laura sparring with Mika (who doesn't scale to Zangief and also struggles with a bear) isn't a problem, as said, it's a sparring match during Mika's training journey.

The elephant in the room: SF3 Ryu struggling to lift the Class 50 boulder. While technically an inconsistency, I don't think it necessarily prevents scaling, and here's why. The first thing to note is that this Ryu is technically meant to be a post-SF2 Ryu simply because SFIV and V didn't exist when 3 came out, but even then this Ryu should already be comparable to Zangief anyway (Ki boosts LS too). Still, a better argument than this convoluted explanation is the fact that Ryu is performing a sort of endurance training in that scene. Going by the visuals and the dialogues, Ryu's been there for quite awhile, meaning that at first he might have likely lifted that thing with ease, and then started to wear down overtime. There's still quite a difference between Class 50 and M, but it shouldn't be that obvious.

This new calc should also work as an Attack Potency value. All the Slam Masters wrestlers can withstand each other's super move, as the crater is created only when their life bar is depleted (which isn't a matter of difference in strength, it just can't be a oneshot attack).
Scaling Zangief to them means that he'd get their AP too, and that feat surpasses the current Buddha head feat. There's no inconsistency here, Adon did that feat casually to begin with, and half the SF cast scales to Zangief in AP in some way or another.

Putting some order with the Final Fight scaling

The Final Fight protagonists have been upgraded to 8-B in the previous CRT, but I realized it didn't really feel right to that extent. What I want to propose is a split in scaling, with the 8-B rating being reserved only to Guy and Cody.
First, it makes little sense for 3 8-Bs to not just mow through, ane even struggle against, an army of 9-As in FF, who simultaneously don't scale equally to them because of later demonstrations. Second, the FF protagonists all together include some randos like Carlos and Dean, who'd be mysteriosly as powerful as Bison.

But the real argument is that time passes, and there are also solid reasons to believe that Guy and Cody have grown past their previous level by the time of SF4. First, here's a quick chronology of events:

• Slam Masters 1 and 2: Haggar is still a full-time wrestler
  • Final Fight 1 and 2: Haggar retired from official competitions, became mayor of Metro City and vanquished the Mad Gear gang twice
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3: As confirmed by Guy's profile in All About Street Fighter ZERO 3, FF1 took place one year before, and by the time of this game Mad Gear has disbanded completely (which happens in FF2)
  • Final Fight 3: This takes place somewhere after Alpha 3, since there isn't any reference to the Skull Cross Gang, despite Guy returning to be playable, also because the games have been released in the same year, preventing connections for being made.
  • Street Fighter IV: Time passes naturally between Alpha 3 and SFIV, and from this point onwards Guy has completed his training and become the 39th Bushido Grandmaster.

The last point is the most important, because it shows Guy's progression. By the time of the Alpha and FF series, Guy has yet to succeed Zeku, and is on a journey to earn the position of grandmaster. References to this can be found in: Final Fight 2 (intro), Alpha 2 (Guide, ending), Alpha 3 (guide [1, 2], Guy's intro, Maki's intro, rival battle).
Guy becomes Zeku's successor only before SFV (as strongly implied by Zeku's story), meaning that he completed his training around the time SF4 takes place, which is also where he threatens M. Bison.
For this reason all Final Fight characters should be 9-A, with Guy and Cody (who scales to Guy in SF4 and kept training in and out of prison) having a pre SF4 9-A key and a SF4 onwards 8-B key.

Assorted stuff

The aforementioned blog contains new and accepted calcs for Akuma sinking the Gotentou island and splitting the Ayers Rock, which would replace the old ones.

Gill receives
6-C environmental destruction for parting the sea. As said in an age-old CRT, there isn't a way to connect Gill doing this to his actual power, because ki is indeed a thing, but not all superpowers in the series are confirmed to stem from it, and some like Blanka's are entirely different. Thus, without any further indication (and given Gill's godlike status and the feat being a Moses reference) it shouldn't scale to his physicals, and remain water manipulation as it currently does.

Evil Ryu's P&A should be split into two tabbers, for his Alpha and SF4 self, pretty much like Ryu. He also receives Underground Mobility because in Street Fighter IV he
bursts out of the ground at the beginning of his boss battle.

Oni receives Teleportation because he appears from a lightning storm at the beginning of his boss battle.

Nice!

I've been waiting for this revision to pop up.

A couple of things though.

If Gill's sea splitting feat is being considered environmental destruction than are you saying that it can't be scaled to his attack potency?

Or am I misinterpreting you?

Depending on your answer I have a few more questions to ask you for clarification and some potential upgrades involving a certain feat that was calced on this site not too long ago.

Last edited:
If Gill's sea splitting feat is being considered environmental destruction than are you saying that it can't be scaled to his attack potency?
His tier would be At least 8-B, 6-C via Environmental Destruction
Still AP, it just doesn't scale to Striking Strength.

His tier would be At least 8-B, 6-C via Environmental Destruction
Still AP, it just doesn't scale to Striking Strength.
Nice.

Hakan and E. Honda's meteor feat shouldn't be considered an outlier anymore if that's the case (Both feats were calced at 6-C).

Do you agree?

Additionally, What makes Gill a top tier again?

He hasn't beaten anyone impressive and simply being a final boss shouldn't be enough to consider him a top tier (For example, Sagat has been a final boss but he isn't considered a top tier on this site).

Last edited:
Just to be clear.

When I said "scales to attack potency" I specifically mean in the same way that waterbending scales to waterbenders.

As in if it's combat applicable.

Do you understand?

Just to be clear.

When I said "scales to attack potency" I specifically mean in the same way that waterbending scales to waterbenders.

As in if it's combat applicable.

Do you understand?
By its nature Environmental Destruction is generally not acclible to pure AP

By its nature Environmental Destruction is generally not acclible to pure AP
You say "generally" and according to the Environmental Destruction page on this site whether or not it's combat applicable is judged on a case by case basis.

So I'm curious as to whether or not Gill's feat is combat applicable.

For example, Waterbending AP is accepted on this site so I don't see why his feat wouldn't also be acceptable.

Last edited:
There's no reason for Gill's punches to be scaled to the water feat, so they shouldn't be. Don't compare it to other verses which might have different context.

Anyway, CRT seems good.

There's no reason for Gill's punches to be scaled to the water feat, so they shouldn't be. Don't compare it to other verses which might have different context.

Anyway, CRT seems good.
Huh? I'm not talking about striking strength at all.

I'm specifically talking about combat applicable AP.

Which is why I compared Gill's feat to Waterbending AP.

This site doesn't scale ATLA's elemental bending AP to physicals.

He's literally splitting the ocean in a Moses reference, no, it doesn't scale to anything but pure enviro destruction lol

Well, you're making the argument that other 6-C feats shouldn't be outliers due to this, which isn't the case, they still are, they don't scale to Gill and he doesn't use that in combat anyway, don't see how he could unless he had an ocean nearby.

He's literally splitting the ocean in a Moses reference, no, it doesn't scale to anything but pure enviro destruction lol
I still don't understand why it doesn't scale to AP.

It's just water manipulation.

What's the difference between what Gill is doing and waterbending from ATLA?

I still don't understand why it doesn't scale to AP.

It's just water manipulation.

What's the difference between what Gill is doing and waterbending from ATLA?
Hmmm, I don't know, maybe it's cause he's never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever shown any offense with it.

Hakan and E. Honda's meteor feat shouldn't be considered an outlier anymore if that's the case (Both feats were calced at 6-C).
It still is an outlier, makes no sense for characters like E Honda and Hakan to have a feat above even Bison nuking the capital from which the strongest in the cast scale from, its inconsistent af

Well, you're making the argument that other 6-C feats shouldn't be outliers due to this, which isn't the case, they still are, they don't scale to Gill and he doesn't use that in combat anyway, don't see how he could unless he had an ocean nearby.
How are they still outliers if there are more than one of them?

Why wouldn't it scale to Gill and Gill has never fought near a large body of water so we can't know if he would use water manipulation in a fight or not.

Additionally, You mentioned that Gill needs a water source to use his water manipulation.

Which is true.

But the same thing applies to waterbending AP on this site.

Why are the rules different for them?

Hmmm, I don't know, maybe it's cause he's never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever shown any offense with it.
So the standard now is that if you never actually use elemental manipulation in a fight you can't scale it to AP?

If that's the case then ATLA needs some downgrades.

Wrestlers are hella strong
Hugo mains rise up. Like with all the other previous CRTS, I agree with pretty much everything here, though I'll skim through the OP one more time to see if there's anything odd.

As for the current convo - Why are you assuming Street Fighter and The Last Airbender have the same verse mechanics?

Hugo mains rise up. Like with all the other previous CRTS, I agree with pretty much everything here, though I'll skim through the OP one more time to see if there's anything odd.

As for the current convo - Why are you assuming Street Fighter and The Last Airbender have the same verse mechanics?
To my knowledge ATLA's elemental bending AP isn't accepted for any specific reason in regards to the verses' specific mechanics.

It's just scaled to their AP only.

How are they still outliers if there are more than one of them?
Because the Gill feat isn't in the same category, and they don't scale to Gill anyway.
Why wouldn't it scale to Gill
Why would it?
and Gill has never fought near a large body of water so we can't know if he would use water manipulation in a fight or not.
So?
So the standard now is that if you never actually use elemental manipulation in a fight you can't scale it to AP?
... Yeah? Not by default.
If that's the case then ATLA needs some downgrades.
Different verse = Don't care, stop bringing it up.

Also continuum, you just getting petty with these comparisons, their power system is different from street fighter

Avatar power system is elements which they can bend, some generated from their body or some which at times it shows to take a toll on the body

Meanwhile Street Fighter is all just ki, for the most part, cuz some characters use things clearly not related to it, in what way you can attribute Gill splitting the sea as moses to ki here, might remind you, that many characters with telekinesis for example dont scale physically to what they can move with their mind, unless specifically proven otherwise

Also continuum, you just getting petty with these comparisons, their power system is different from street fighter

Avatar power system is elements which they can bend, some generated from their body or some which at times it shows to take a toll on the body

Meanwhile Street Fighter is all just ki, for the most part, cuz some characters use things clearly not related to it, in what way you can attribute Gill splitting the sea as moses to ki here, might remind you, that many characters with telekinesis for example dont scale physically to what they can move with their mind, unless specifically proven otherwise
But I'm not talking about scaling physically to anything.

I'm talking purely about AP.

Okay.

By the way.

There's an accepted calc on this site that puts the capital feat at Low 6-B.

So unless this calc is actually wrong SF might be getting an upgrade regardless: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...treet_Fighter_-_Psycho_Drive_destroys_Bangkok ]
I had asked in other wikis on that feat a calc, its not getting into teratons of TNT, its either megatons (very close to gigatons) or straight up gigatons, if that calc is from G1 or anybody similar then bother, cuz most calcs they did are wank and stretching

Because the Gill feat isn't in the same category, and they don't scale to Gill anyway.

Why would it?

So?

... Yeah? Not by default.

Different verse = Don't care, stop bringing it up.
What do you mean by "category"?

I keep bringing up ATLA because no one has explained to me why waterbending AP is scaled to waterbenders but Gill's feat can't scale to his AP specifically.

I had asked in other wikis on that feat a calc, its not getting into teratons of TNT, its either megatons (very close to gigatons) or straight up gigatons, if that calc is from G1 or anybody similar then bother, cuz most calcs they did are wank and stretching
It's a Vs Battles Wiki calc.

I linked to it in my previous comment.

I'll link to it one more time for good measure: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...treet_Fighter_-_Psycho_Drive_destroys_Bangkok ]

Last edited:
What do you mean by "category"?
Gill's feat doesn't scale to his physical stats and is performed by a character who is much stronger anyway, so even if it did it wouldn't scale to those guys.
I keep bringing up ATLA because no one has explained to me why waterbending AP is scaled to waterbenders but Gill's feat can't scale to his AP specifically.
Yeah and nobody's gonna cause I haven't ******' watched ATLA, stop bringing it up I literally do not know and I definitely do not care.

... I mean, yeah, Gill's gonna be At least 8-B, 6-C with Water Manipulation, Saman said so too.
Saman mentioned Environmental Destruction earlier and the ED page on this site stated that whether or not it's combat applicable is determined on a case by case basis.

I was just wondering if this was the case with Gill's feat.

I'm fine with At least 8-B, 6-C with Water Manipulation.

This is a Street Fighter CRT, not an Avatar the Last Airbender one. We don't give a damn about the ladder here

Gill's feat doesn't scale to his physical stats and is performed by a character who is much stronger anyway, so even if it did it wouldn't scale to those guys.

Yeah and nobody's gonna cause I haven't ******' watched ATLA, stop bringing it up I literally do not know and I definitely do not care.
Gill being a top tier isn't supported by anything that I've seen on this site.

You were the one who chose to acknowledge my ATLA hypothetical earlier so that's on you if you don't know anything about the verse.

Gill being a top tier isn't supported by anything that I've seen on this site.
Prove others scale to him then! Skepticism isn't getting you anywhere. Not that it matters, since it would make them 8-B at best (and be a huge inconsistency)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back