• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter: Wrestlers are hella strong + Final Fight adjustments and some more things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Saman put in the profile who Gill scales to and everything which tracks to Bison, the one that is 8-B normally without using outside stuff to be more powerful

Yeah, he scales to the president of the earth who scales to Rose who scales to Bison
So G is considered a top tier on this site?

That's interesting.

If beating Bison in a fight (fair and square) makes you a top tier then Ryu and anyone who scales to his SFV version should be considered top tiers as well correct?

So G is considered a top tier on this site?

That's interesting.

If beating Bison in a fight (fair and square) makes you a top tier then Ryu and anyone who scales to him should be considered too tiers as well correct?
Ryu is eh... fucky. His profile explains it better than I can

the hell happened while I was on lunch break?

I have yet to read the whole thread, but I wanted to reply asap

Hakan and E. Honda's meteor feat shouldn't be considered an outlier anymore if that's the case (Both feats were calced at 6-C).
It remains an outlier. First, Gill's magnitudes above Honda, so them pulling off a feat of the same tier isn't consistency at all, at most makes Honda's feat even more weird.

The other thing is that characters on Honda's tier have still dozens of antifeats of them being hurt or their life being seriously threatened by tier 9 things, let alone all of their actual feats being within that range, making the meteor feat extremely inconsistent with literally everything else.

It doesn't help that not even the strongest characters in the verse ever pulled off anything close to that meteor feat, with even Ryu's hado being quite lower.

Additionally, What makes Gill a top tier again?
He hasn't beaten anyone impressive and simply being a final boss shouldn't be enough to consider him a top tier
Gill defeated G, who clashed equally with Rose, who canonically defeated Bison in Alpha 2.

About the whole Environmental Destruction argument, the idea is that such characters can cause damage only by manipulating specific factors related to the environment, like earthquakes, tidal waves, hurricanes etc... without such ability scaling to their physicals simply because there isn't a reason to scale them.
In this case, in a battle Gill would be able to apply his 6-C power only if he had water nearby, and still nothing else other than parting it, since we don't really know the extent of his manipulation.

Hugo mains rise up. Like with all the other previous CRTS, I agree with pretty much everything here, though I'll skim through the OP one more time to see if there's anything odd.
Funnily enough Hugo's also a CWA wrestler, and SF3 portrays him as somewhat of a rival to Alex, so he will scale as well.

the hell happened while I was on lunch break?

I have yet to read the whole thread, but I wanted to reply asap

It remains an outlier. First, Gill's magnitudes above Honda, so them pulling off a feat of the same tier isn't consistency at all, at most makes Honda's feat even more weird.

The other thing is that characters on Honda's tier have still dozens of antifeats of them being hurt or their life being seriously threatened by tier 9 things, let alone all of their actual feats being within that range, making the meteor feat extremely inconsistent with literally everything else.

It doesn't help that not even the strongest characters in the verse ever pulled off anything close to that meteor feat, with even Ryu's hado being quite lower.

Gill defeated G, who clashed equally with Rose, who canonically defeated Bison in Alpha 2.

About the whole Environmental Destruction argument, the idea is that such characters can cause damage only by manipulating specific factors related to the environment, like earthquakes, tidal waves, hurricanes etc... without such ability scaling to their physicals simply because there isn't a reason to scale them.
In this case, in a battle Gill would be able to apply his 6-C power only if he had water nearby, and still nothing else other than parting it, since we don't really know the extent of his manipulation.
So Gill is a top tier because he beat G who fought Rose who beat Bison?

So beating Bison in a fight (fair and square) makes you a top tier?

In that case Ryu and everyone who scales to him should be considered top tiers.

Ryu's hado feat was recalced and accepted at Low 6-B awhile ago on this site so unless the calc itself is incorrect we're looking at upgrades for SF,'s top tiers: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...treet_Fighter_-_Psycho_Drive_destroys_Bangkok ]

Meanwhile Street Fighter is all just ki, for the most part, cuz some characters use things clearly not related to it, in what way you can attribute Gill splitting the sea as moses to ki here, might remind you, that many characters with telekinesis for example dont scale physically to what they can move with their mind, unless specifically proven otherwise
The biggest problem is that not all superpowers in Street Fighter are related to ki, some are just their own thing, which makes it difficult to say what stems from ki and what doesn't.
Like, Blanka's electricity comes from him having taken baths with electric heels, Oro's telekinesis is something he developed through meditation, some are the result of tampering with genetics and technology, and so on.

Also, many times characters who use ki turn it into elements, but many other times those who use elements don't display control over ki, despite it being a factor of their power level.

Ryu's hado feat was recalced and accepted at Low 6-B awhile ago on this site so unless the calc itself is incorrect we're looking at upgrades for SF,'s top tiers: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...treet_Fighter_-_Psycho_Drive_destroys_Bangkok ]
Unfortunately Bison has stomped the **** out of people comparable to base Ryu and even This thing who thrashed Base Ryu

Yes, that's how scaling works

It makes you 8-B, but plenty of other characters are above Bison.

The only time Ryu beat Bison without having some sort of amp in his story in Alpha 3, but that suffers from the fact that everyone is supposed to defeat him in his ending.
The actual events of Alpha 3 have to be rebuilt piece by piece through references in later games, guides and such, as none of the endings is straight up true, and once you stick everything together it turns out it was a combination of what happened in different endings.

What's worse is that Alpha 3 Bison is also much stronger than his normal self because of the amps receiced by the Psycho Drive.

Let alone that base Ryu never demonstrates such levels of power, since he loses to Seth and doesn't get a V on anyone relevant.

Two calcs for the same feat can both be correct, it depends on which one is considered more reliable by calc members, and I don't have authority on this.

Yes, that's how scaling works

It makes you 8-B, but plenty of other characters are above Bison.

The only time Ryu beat Bison without having some sort of amp in his story in Alpha 3, but that suffers from the fact that everyone is supposed to defeat him in his ending.
The actual events of Alpha 3 have to be rebuilt piece by piece through references in later games, guides and such, as none of the endings is straight up true, and once you stick everything together it turns out it was a combination of what happened in different endings.

What's worse is that Alpha 3 Bison is also much stronger than his normal self because of the amps receiced by the Psycho Drive.

Let alone that base Ryu never demonstrates such levels of power, since he loses to Seth and doesn't get a V on anyone relevant.

Two calcs for the same feat can both be correct, it depends on which one is considered more reliable by calc members, and I don't have authority on this.
I have a source which states that Bison was at the peak of his power during SFV.

So Ryu should scale to him from said game.

If beating Bison in a fight (fair and square) makes you a top tier then Ryu and anyone who scales to his SFV version should be considered top tiers as well correct?
SFV Bison is powered by the Black Moons, and Ryu has unlocked the Power of Nothingness, both are quite stronger than their past selves.
Also, the only one who currently scales to SFV Ryu specifically is Akuma, who curbstomped him. The rest is all scaling to Akuma himself.

I have a source which states that Bison was at the peak of his power during SFV.

So Ryu should scale to him from said game.
He already does, it's on his profile.
Ryu doesn't scale to full power SFV Bison (whose strength is unknown) anyway, since he lost his connection to the Black Moons and a portion of his power was sucked away by Nash before he could battle Ryu.

SFV Bison is powered by the Black Moons, and Ryu has unlocked the Power of Nothingness, both are quite stronger than their past selves.
Also, the only one who currently scales to SFV Ryu specifically is Akuma, who curbstomped him. The rest is all scaling to Akuma himself.
We've debated this in the past but E. Honda also fought SFV Ryu and Honda was pissed at the time.

Honda also fought Ryu during SF3 and they were both amazed at one another's power.

Characters in SF fight all the time, but it doesn't mean they always go all out, and the context of their fight in SFV doesn't point at such.
Honda being mildly pissed doesn't mean he wants to murder Ryu, who in turn goes all out to splatter him onto the wall.

In Alpha 3 they compliment each other, but that also happens all the time between characters who recognize each others strength, but it doesn't mean they scale just because of it.
Ryu especially compliments with many people because of their skill, because he's seen them growing or because they are stronger than the norm.

How about you post these claims cuz what you ask for is a big deal to the cast

Also we just gonna pretend getting small country level from nuking a capital isnt questionable, what if Bison wanted to nuke Thailand as a whole, would the calc for that be multi continental then...

He already does, it's on his profile.
Ryu doesn't scale to full power SFV Bison (whose strength is unknown) anyway, since he lost his connection to the Black Moons and a portion of his power was sucked away by Nash before he could battle Ryu.
Ryu was confident in his ability to take on Bison even before he was drained of a portion of his strength or when the Black Moons were activated and Ryu isn't known to be an overconfident guy.

Similar reasoning is used to justify Necalli's tier as well.

Characters in SF fight all the time, but it doesn't mean they always go all out, and the context of their fight in SFV doesn't point at such.
Honda being mildly pissed doesn't mean he wants to murder Ryu, who in turn goes all out to splatter him onto the wall.

In Alpha 3 they compliment each other, but that also happens all the time between characters who recognize each others strength, but it doesn't mean they scale just because of it.
Ryu especially compliments with many people because of their skill, because he's seen them growing or because they are stronger than the norm.
I never said or implied that Honda wanted to kill Ryu during that fight.

Only that he was pissed so I doubt Honda went easy on him.

There's a difference between complimenting your opponent and being astounded by their strength dude.

Might as well add that in general protagonists or big name characters in a series dont fight everybody, if at all at their full power

Ryu pointed out to Akuma he will fight all out, we dont see him do that with anyone, Ryu spars with about anyone for the sake of enjoying

How about you post these claims cuz what you ask for is a big deal to the cast

Also we just gonna pretend getting small country level from nuking a capital isnt questionable, what if Bison wanted to nuke Thailand as a whole, would the calc for that be multi continental then...
All I know is that Ryu's feat was recalced and accepted on this site at Low 6-B.

I'd be lying if I said that Low 6-B city destruction didn't seem fishy but I'm not a calc expert so what do I know?

I'll make it short because I need to go study, but we aren't going to scale a rando like Honda to the strongest version of Ryu, which not even Alex could match, just because they had a quarrel on how to properly use the bath, especially considering they are long time friends.

And even with compliments and such, they must be backed up by something more, and Honda being egual to Ryu is far from it.
And as I said, Alpha 3 ladders are inconsistent as hell, since everyone's supposed to be godlike in his own run, plenty of characters shit on the likes of Akuma and all of them make a clown out of Bison, but we aren't going to scale them this way.

Ryu was confident in his ability to take on Bison even before he was drained of a portion of his strength or when the Black Moons were activated and Ryu isn't known to be an overconfident guy.
Proof of that
Similar reasoning is used to justify Necalli's tier as well.
Necalli afair is tiered in his regular form from Balrog and others, while his other form is cuz he was gonna throw hands with Dark Hado Ryu, then fighting Dhalsim, whom took a punch of that Ryu and were even

I'll make it short because I need to go study, but we aren't going to scale a rando like Honda to the strongest version of Ryu, which not even Alex could match, just because they had a quarrel on how to properly use the bath, especially considering they are long time friends.

And even with compliments and such, they must be backed up by something more, and Honda being egual to Ryu is far from it.
And as I said, Alpha 3 ladders are inconsistent as hell, since everyone's supposed to be godlike in his own run, plenty of characters shit on the likes of Akuma and all of them make a clown out of Bison, but we aren't going to scale them this way.
We'd only be scaling Honda to Base Ryu but if he can't scale to that either than that's that I guess.

All I know is that Ryu's feat was recalced and accepted on this site at Low 6-B.

I'd be lying if I said that Low 6-B city destruction didn't seem fishy but I'm not a calc expert so what do I know?
Asked StrymULTRA to take a look at it, as he does calcs and has experience in these

He told me the following:

The formula is not accepted on the thread yet, that's why it's not on the current explosion guide page.

It doesn't make sense to get country levels worth of power from just destroying a city, Tier 7 makes much more sense in context.

Proof of that

Necalli afair is tiered in his regular form from Balrog and others, while his other form is cuz he was gonna throw hands with Dark Hado Ryu, then fighting Dhalsim, whom took a punch of that Ryu and were even
Ryu took a fighting stance and was prepared to engage Bison in the story mode before his Black Moons were deactivated and a portion of his strength was drained.

Ryu isn't an overconfident fighter to my knowledge.

We'd only be scaling Honda to Base Ryu but if he can't scale to that either than that's that I guess.
Base Ryu's been acepted to be High 7-A in a previous thread, but even then there's no reason to think Ryu has taken Honda more seriously than the other dozens of people he fought in SFV in sparring or training matches, unlike the likes of Nash, whose match was shown to having ended in an actual tie.
And across all the series you can scale Honda to many others and vice versa, to the point of reaching a terrible circular scaling.

Like, we see what the top 9-As are capable of when they fight seriously, like Sagat oneshotting Adon, Ryu stomping Alex, Ken no selling C. Viper, Nash toying with Chun-Li etc..

Ryu took a fighting stance and was prepared to engage Bison in the story mode before his Black Moons were deactivated and a portion of his strength was drained.

Ryu isn't an overconfident fighter to my knowledge.
Thats hardly proof, also both are same tier anyway, Bison post Black Moons amp going away and Nash absorbing most of it still put a fight against the current Ryu who faced him

Thats hardly proof, also both are same tier anyway, Bison post Black Moons amp going away and Nash absorbing most of it still put a fight against the current Ryu who faced him
Saman commented earlier that SFV Ryu didn't scale to SFV Bison at full power so I was trying to convince him otherwise.

It's true that Bison did pretty well but at the same time Ryu also no sold Bison's Psycho Inferno.

Last edited:
Saman commented earlier that SFV Ryu didn't scale to SFV Bison at full power so I was trying to convince him otherwise.
He might even do, we just don't know for sure because the fight never happened, and as a hero Ryu would oppose Bison anyway, just like Nash and Chun-Li did in the same story mode before being stomped.

ANYWAY

We've gone too much off topic from the actual purpose of this thread, which isn't about Honda and others mid tiers scaling to the top dogs (which isn't going to happen anyway), low 6-B Psycho Drive or such.

The initial concern about Gill's AP has been resolved, so I kindly ask everyone to get back on track and discuss only the content of this thread.

Consider this post a new starting point

Might as well add that in general protagonists or big name characters in a series dont fight everybody, if at all at their full power

Ryu pointed out to Akuma he will fight all out, we dont see him do that with anyone, Ryu spars with about anyone for the sake of enjoying
Also to remember you of this

Ryu doesnt take characters in the cast that serious, Ryu is casual to many of them, when he fought for real he saw how it goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back