• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Part two of the seasonal revision.

Downgrading the speed of the mid-low tiers

Currently everyone has Subsonic running speed scaling from Dan, who outran a wall of flames.
The problem is that the cal is wrong-ish, because there's no way to know for sure how fast the flames are, because deflagrations are usually far below 100 m/s, while the calc assumes that exact speed. More details in this thread.
Now, all 8-Cs and above are already High Hypersonic (see the previous CRT), so they're safe

Similarly to the previous subject, their Supersonic speed has some flaws, but the issue lies in the scaling.
Because of scaling chains, they all end up being connected to Juri's Supersonic feat.
The problem here is that Juri performed the feat while the Feng Shui Engine was turned on, which can be noticed by her eye glowing purple. The engine is what pushes her from 9-A to 8-B, and she is able to raise and lower her level as she pleases.
This would already be enough to disqualify scaling to inferior characters, since there's no way to tell if the feat was performed when she was at the same level of all other characters. Moreover, later we see how she easily blitzes Chun-Li and keeps up easily with Guile and Cammy at bay, dodging and blocking all their attacks, always with the Feng Shui Engine turned on.

The proposed solution is to give them At least Superhuman movement speed, with Subsonic+ short bursts and combat speed
Dan's feat is easily superhuman despite being unquantifiable, and the fastest feat behind Juri's, is Cammy dodging a bullet. From what I've been told it fully scales to Combat Speed, but we can't really say this scales to Movement Speed entirely because it's a quick dash, but it works under the definition of Short Burst

The Final Fight protagonists might be stronger than you think

First, in SF4 Guy threatens M. Bison to kill him and destroy his plane unless he lets Rose free. M. Bison is visibly concerned and agrees, something he wouldn't have done if he knew his opponent wasn't a danger to him, just like he stomped Chun-Li, Fang and others without thinking twice. (remember that all of the SF4 endings are canon, as they together form the bigger picture and are connected to each other)
This would mean that Guy, Cody, Haggar and all the other FF protagonists for which I'll make files in the future (since they all scale to each other) should also scale to M. Bison, and thus be 8-B. This is somewhat supported by Guy being depicted as a rival/comparable ally to Rose in the Alpha series.
I don't really know if it should be either a full upgrade or just a 9-A, likely 8-B, let me hear your thoughts.

Note that this doesn't scale to the rest of the FF cast, since not only they get defeated in the original games, but also in the SF series, an example being Cody and Lucia beating Abigail with ease.
This also reminds me that FF (and Slam Master) will receive some minor update and clean-up in the future, so stay tuned!

Everything else

Before starting with the bullet list of simple stuff, I must address something controversial. As some may know, I used this as a joke in the past, but some people told me it should be legit.
Basically, in one of her character-specific win quotes (vs. Alex) Menat states that seeing the future of fighters is difficult, because they always fight against it. Now, this would technically grant Limited Resistance to Precognition to all the Street Fighter characters.

Limited because their future can still be seen (Menat and Rose have dozens of quotes and instances where they foresee the future), although it may prove difficult.
Note that we currently disregard win quotes only when the character refers to the opponent's strength, skill and abilties as inferior, since they are affected by the game forcing the result of the match, making the quote unreliable, while we accept the characters talking about themselves (without comparisons with the opponent), as they shouldn't be affected by said mechanics.

Now, let's proceed with the rest of the proposals.
  • Oro gets Homing Attack because his EX Nichirin Shou has homing properties
  • SFV-III Ryu and everyone who scales to him gets Class 50 because the feat has always been such, 48 tons isn't Class 100.
  • Satsui no Hado Ryu and Evil Ryu get Resistance to Electricity because he could no-sell C. Viper's electric gauntlet, which staggered his base self.
  • Ryu gets Superhuman Stamina because of the following feats: Endured being electrified by C. Viper (previous link) and was the only one capable of resisting M. Bison's brainwashing and torture for so long.
  • Balrog gets Acrobatics because he can flip on himself and land on his feet if hit in-mid air and roll on the ground for the same purpose (something every character can do).
  • Gen loses his Resistance to Death Manipulation because in-canon he was never hit by the Raging Demon in the first place, there's no reference in any game, guide or else, and it apparently comes from the SF Alpha manga
  • Alex gets Information Analysis because he could correctly guess the type of car of which Abigail was making an impression with his mouth (this could also be a specific intelligence upgrade).
  • Akuma should lose Teleportation, since that was just an alternative to the Ashura Senku being Intangibility, and because it is called Teleport in fighting game jargon, but the technique is clearly pure Intangibility and is different from every other teleport in the games.
  • Akuma's Rakan should be Damage Reduction instead of Minor Power Nullification, because unlile Ryu and Gill's techniques, he still takes a little bit of damage.
  • Necalli shouldn't have two keys, the Torrent of Power is just a transformation, it should be merged into the first key.
  • Chun-Li should have Forcefield Creation because her Kikosho works both as an attack and as a barrier.
  • Ryu gets Multiple Selves in his first key because Evil Ryu has always been an actual presence in his mind.

Last edited:
Honestly prefer 8-B for FF charas, those that get it that is ofc, unless they mostly had tier 9 stuff and the tier 8 ones are just existing but not enough for full rating, thats my take

Also about Akuma teleport, he uses that during raging demon too, in SF5 in a mod to see the super with camera not blacked out in shadows it appears to ne more akin to a teleport, Kage uses that too in his raging demon, even shouts the name of the move used in a V skill i think (been a while) where he basically teleports before the demon, there are different kind of teleports, not all are now identical, even in fiction

Honestly prefer 8-B for FF charas, those that get it that is ofc, unless they mostly had tier 9 stuff and the tier 8 ones are just existing but not enough for full rating, thats my take.
The 8-B rating comes solely from Bison acknowkedging Guy as a threat, while all their other feats are 9-A scaling in SF and 9-B stuff from FF.

Also about Akuma teleport, he uses that during raging demon too, in SF5 in a mod to see the super with camera not blacked out in shadows it appears to ne more akin to a teleport,
To me it looks more like a series of dashes (performed by sliding, weird, ik), with some Ashura Senku-like phasing.

Kage uses that too in his raging demon, even shouts the name of the move used in a V skill i think (been a while) where he basically teleports before the demon, there are different kind of teleports, not all are now identical, even in fiction
Kage's Misogi is definitely a teleport, but I don't see him doing that in any other move (full video list).

What about Guile breaking the sound barrier?
That notion comes from the undisputed street fighter: a 30th anniversary retrospective an american-made (both author and publisher) artbook, which so far isn't supported by more official, japanese guides.
Afaik there's no japanese material (many guides offer description of the single moves) to check (Guile was added to the Alpha games too late), and without those the current scan should just be discarded, since it doesn't hold up with more canon material.

The 8-B rating comes solely from Bison acknowkedging Guy as a threat, while all their other feats are 9-A scaling in SF and 9-B stuff from FF.
Then its fine how it was suggested i guess
To me it looks more like a series of dashes (performed by sliding, weird, ik), with some Ashura Senku-like phasing.
In some it kinda does but then in some it looks like some teleport, cuz he appears turned around at the opponent, if it was just him sliding, he would have to turn his body 180° before a punch
Kage's Misogi is definitely a teleport, but I don't see him doing that in any other move (full video list).
To the raging demon he does, even says the name before going, rikudo osatsu, which is the teleporting

In some it kinda does but then in some it looks like some teleport, cuz he appears turned around at the opponent, if it was just him sliding, he would have to turn his body 180° before a punch
You can technically do it with enough speed and technique (which he has), but he could also just turn around while phasing through the opponent

To the raging demon he does, even says the name before going, rikudo osatsu, which is the teleporting
Technically the Rikudo Osatsu is the v-trigger which allows him to perform the Misogi (which is the teleporto) and the Raging Demon.

Wouldnt tho make sense hado users have those shared given its the same dark energy they use, how skilled and experienced you are with it now is dependant on each

Logically yes, but Kage's the only one who performs the Misogi in that way, Akuma does that differently without teleporting.

That notion comes from the undisputed street fighter: a 30th anniversary retrospective an american-made (both author and publisher) artbook, which so far isn't supported by more official, japanese guides.
Afaik there's no japanese material (many guides offer description of the single moves) to check (Guile was added to the Alpha games too late), and without those the current scan should just be discarded, since it doesn't hold up with more canon material.
To be honest, the very nature of the attack implies supersonic. Guile literally shoots a sonic boom. By punching

Exactly, one of our (unwritten) rules is to not take the names of techniques literally unless there are strong evidences.
It's the same here, as Armor said, Guile thrusts his arms and shoots ki, not a literal shockwave.

I'm fine with the main guys being 8-B since it's consistent and it's coming directly from Bison I'd say go for 8-B as a whole but if it's contentious then there's no problem with going with Armors suggestion.
Also personally "9-A likely 8-B" would be better

For the record i wont mind 8-B, its just so later on hopefully there wont be issues regarding the straight up rating from the info given for this and uts sufficient to grant them such too

I'm generally fine with 8-B, but to be sure, how well does Bison know Guy's power? I'm sure the statement is usable no matter what since he's far from a coward but if he doesn't actually know his power for sure I'd prefer 9-A+8-B

Bison can sense ki, so that should already give him a suggestion, but technically he may already know Guy since the time of Street Fighter Alpha.
Bison's soul canonically took refuge within Rose's body when he was first killed in Alpha 3, and he may have learned about him (since she knows him).

There are also a number of other instances (with cutscenes) when people stood in Bison's way and he didn't flinch for even a second. To name a few (I will link videos if required), he met Guile, Chun Li, Fang, C. Viper, Seth, Juri, Necalli, Nash and maybe others. He never backed up from a fight, and he didn't know some beforehand (or at least not that well).

Opinions have been sorted out and overall there's enough agreement, we'll go with the "fully 8-B" way.
I will apply the content of both CRTs and then close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back