• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a really unwise marketing maneuver and would replicate the failure of SFV

Maybe Rose and Oro will give some hints, maybe even just in relation to G, who would then scale, but who knows.

We talking of Capcom here, they gotta milk the series more

Also i doubt, most fighters from what i saw if they dropped good feats already and all that, chances they might top them in a sequel are slim, from SF5 i dont remember them give stuff we didnt had already

SF5 gave us the Black Moons, the Power of Nothingness, high-tier Dhalsim, the dreadful Nash retcon and some other minor things I can't think of atm.

But SF5 has actually stockpiled a ton of lore, details, hidden things, references and so on that got unexpressed because of the limitations that occurred, but there's a huge potential for the next game. If they cared to make the game in the same way they made plot-related stuff (some was made overtime), it would have been beautiful from the start.

But this is an extreme derailment.

At this point, we just need to wait for Matt and Redgrave.

I mean yeah they gave those, but like in terms of more over the top feats directly or the like, at least in a character story, we didnt get anything like this

But anyway thats besides the point in this thread

I didn't know it already had a blog on the wiki (I knew it was calculated at that level) but we don't have enough evidences to say that the feat scales to his physical or special attack.

Gill has many supernatural powers and utilizes the 66 secret techniques of the Illuminati, and that is either telekinesis or water manipulation, both of which don't normally scale.
It would be good to have it on his profile, but it would be a separate AP and Environmental Destruction

Thank you. Should we apply what has been accepted here then?

Yes, I guess.

I don't think Matt would have problems with it.

I will start applying everything tomorrow (according to my time zone, ofc).

Thank you for helping out. Tell us here when you are done.

We don't really have a way to measure Gill's power, but in the games he got oneshotted by base Akuma (this is not canon, but it's the only interaction they have).

@BlackDarkness679 @TISSG7Redgrave @Antvasima @DarkDragonMedeus @LIFE_OF_KING @MaidRips

I started the edits, and I found a little trouble with Ryu's lifting strength and I want to be completely transparent.

We established here (in Ryu's section) that Adult Ryu is significantly stronger than his Alpha self.

Given that adult Ryu was already struggling with his Class 100 feat, I'm not sure if Alpha Ryu (since it's one of his new keys) should have the same LS, and I was thinking to give him an "at least class 5" for being superior to Zangief

Perhaps I can put both, like "Class 5 (Superior to Zangief), at most Class 100 (possibly comparable to his future self" and then link the feat in the next key.

Though, I outlined in the other keys how he improved during time, so it may look like a contradiction.

Last edited:
We don't really have a way to measure Gill's power, but in the games he got oneshotted by base Akuma (this is not canon, but it's the only interaction they have).
Well Akuma was oneshotting M Bison and Gill by a OHKO attack and was sneaking up from behind while the normal bosses are concentrating at the player's character. Therefore Akuma oneshotting alone does not mean M Bison and Gill do not backscale from Akuma. (There will be other scaling anyway)

Akuma still punches you with that move physically, also makes no sense scaling wise if Bison was on his level, since Ryu beat him in 5 with mu no ken, meanwhile Akuma beat that Ryu, no less one that stated he goes all out and didnt consider him his equal or close to that

Small correction, Akuma always comes from the front and before the battle has started. His victims could always see him. And characters on Akuma's level, like Gen, can react and defend from his Raging Demon. The fact that M. Bison and Gill couldn't means something.

But even without that, M. Bison doesn't scale anyway, because he got defeated in one hit by Satsui Ryu, who in turn is inferior to Gouken (who is even to Akuma).
And even in SFV, the same PoN Ryu who defeated a power up Bison without too much of an effort was no match for Akuma.

Gill's problem is just a complete lack of scaling and evidences.

If anything capcom said in an official thing Urien and Gill are comparable and he himself doesnt have anything to suggest he is Akuma tier

Gouken also prolly reacted to the raging demon in SF4, since Akuma went to do it on him yet Gouken was unfazed cuz of the Mu no Ken, unless he already had that up

If anything capcom said in an official thing Urien and Gill are comparable and he himself doesnt have anything to suggest he is Akuma tier
Yes, here. It's Urien bio from the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.

Gouken also prolly reacted to the raging demon in SF4, since Akuma went to do it on him yet Gouken was unfazed cuz of the Mu no Ken, unless he already had that up
He likely had it on, as Akuma mentioned it once he noticed that the Raging Demon didn't start, but we already know that comparable characters can react to it.

Actually hold on

Didn't Akuma one-shot gill with the Raging Demon? Which is like

Soul hax?
It's actually a translation error, I will talk better about this in the next revision (it still is a sort of death hax, though).

But the Raging Demon is still delivered through punches, the hax is an addition to Akuma's physical blows.
And Gen was also able to react and block them (at least at the beginning of the fight), meaning that skill, durability and AP are factors to consider.

But even discarding this totally, nothing suggests that Gill is on Akuma's level.

So as a reminder the Bangkok yield is accepted, so the remaining problem (before moving to a pure discussion thread) is who scale to what.

So as a reminder the Bangkok yield is accepted, so the remaining problem (before moving to a pure discussion thread) is who scale to what.
That has already been decided, I started applying all the changes that have been accepted in these four threads.

Satsui Ryu scales for it because he performed the feat, PoN Ryu, Evil Ryu, Kage, Dhalsim and SFV Bison and ToP Necalli also scale for being comparable, Gill and Urien do the same with a possibly.

Akuma, Gouken, Oro, Gen and Oni upscale for being vastly superior to the previously mentioned characters.

I mean, I started these revisions, of course I'm handling the changes :v

It will take me some days to finish everything, there's a lot of stuff for a lot of profiles.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be better to address Cody's tendecy to hold back as a weakness, rather than turning it in two keys? (this comes from the first CRT)

We don't know how much he holds back and he would still stay within the same tier, thus I don't see a reason for him to have two keys for his suppressed and serious states.

Yes, but he could break them anytime, just like he busts the prison wall to get out, and he may just hold back anyway even if cuffed.
The only real difference would be an unquantifiable but not giant AP difference which depends on his mood.

And between SF4 and 5 he just gets rid of the handcuffs, as he still uses pipes, knives, rocks and so on.

Imho, the best option would be to write that he holds back sometimes and give him the handcuffs as optional equipment (the latter just because his SFV version exists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back