• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Straw Hats (Pre-Time Skip) Vs. Class 1-A Match 1: Usopp Vs. Iida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this would be an interesting idea so I decided to finally do it. I’m doing the first five straw hats against five class 1-A members, and with some rules:

Rules:
Battles take place at UA Sports Festival Stadium.

Both fighters start at opposite ends of the stadium.

To win, one fighter must either Knock out the other (make them pass out) or get them out of bounds of the stadium area (like in the UA Sports Festival Arc).

All gear that the characters use may be used here (both the straw hats and Class 1-A members). This includes the hero suits.

So yeah, the first match is Usopp (Alabasta Saga) Vs. Current Manga Iida.

Speed is not equalized, and both are in character. Rules above apply to this match.

Usopp:

Iida:

Last edited:
Since iida could keep up with high end nomus he scale to sub rela speeds.
So far he scales to City level at least so id say iida stomps. Oh wait its wiki scaling-
Idk

I thought this would be an interesting idea so I decided to finally do it. I’m doing the first five straw hats against five class 1-A members, and with some rules:

Rules:
Battles take place at UA Sports Festival Stadium.

Both fighters start at opposite ends of the stadium.

To win, one fighter must either Knock out the other (make them pass out) or get them out of bounds of the stadium area (like in the UA Sports Festival Arc).

All gear that the characters use may be used here (both the straw hats and Class 1-A members). This includes the hero suits.

So yeah, the first match is Pre-Time Skip Usopp Vs. Current Manga Iida.

Speed is not equalized, and both are in character. Rules above apply to this match.

Usopp:

Iida:
Also could you link the profiles

Since iida could keep up with high end nomus he scale to sub rela speeds.
So far he scales to City level at least so id say iida stomps. Oh wait its wiki scaling-
Idk
I’ve linked the profiles if you wanna go through them real quick (pre time skip for Usopp and current for Iida) if you’d like to make a decision based off the wiki scaling.

Usopp at his weakest would still be able to oneshot and outspeed Iida, i would even dare to say that this its a spite match.

Usopp at his weakest would still be able to oneshot and outspeed Iida, i would even dare to say that this its a spite match.
We’re using pre time skip Usopp, not post time skip. I’m not sure if you were aware of this, so I just wanted to make sure if you were or not.

I guess you did say at his weakest, but I still ask to make sure so I can put down your vote for Usopp.

Iida might be Outerversal but Usopp has -1 social influencing so he convinces Iida to starve himself to death. Voting Usopp. This is a spite match change this OP

link it please.

you can't put votes on a stomp.
Giving my opinion on the match, I don’t see how this is a stomp. I’m aware that Usopp has tanked some pretty powerful opponents, which is one of the main things that would give Usopp the win here, but what about offense? Yes, he’s got his different kinds of equipment at his disposal, but is Usopp’s actual speed fast enough to hit Iida with a dial (the only thing that pre time skip Usopp has at his disposal that could knock out Iida/put him out of bounds) and that hit actually one shot Iida? Reaction times are one thing, actual speed is another. I’m not denying Usopp can’t, I’m just not quite understanding how it’s a stomp for him.

Another thing that’s important is that the opponents have the option of an out of bounds condition win, so if either fighter is able to even get part of any part of the opponent’s body out of bounds, it’s a win for them. I made this rule to try to prevent stomps.

Last edited:
Giving my opinion on the match, I don’t see how this is a stomp. I’m aware that Usopp has tanked some pretty powerful opponents, which is one of the main things that would give Usopp the win here, but what about offense? Yes, he’s got his different kinds of equipment at his disposal, but is Usopp’s actual speed fast enough to hit Iida with a dial and that hit actually one shot Iida? Reaction times are one thing, actual speed is another. I’m not denying Usopp can’t, I’m just not quite understanding how it’s a stomp for him.
Usopp multiple times dodged Enel's natural lightning, intercepted Luffy's omnidirectional attack - Gatling gun and reacted to Nami's thunderbolt tempo (natural lightning too). Usopp amongst the PTS Strawhats (non-Monster trio) has insane reaction speed to dodge things beyond his capabilities, before you say all these are gag feats can you name me anti-feats? Usopp being abducted by the franky family wouldn't count as one. Since they restrained his arms and legs.

Usopp is an excellent marksman, you just need to remember his feat from Enies lobby. Without him Robin wouldn't have been freed, he was the only one capable of doing that because of his crazy range, accuracy and marksman skills. That puts him to a whole another level than Lida. To Usopp, Lida's speed doesn't remotely come close to Enel and Luffy's speed.

Usopp multiple times dodged Enel's natural lightning, intercepted Luffy's omnidirectional attack - Gatling gun and reacted to Nami's thunderbolt tempo (natural lightning too). Usopp amongst the PTS Strawhats (non-Monster trio) has insane reaction speed to dodge things beyond his capabilities, before you say all these are gag feats can you name me anti-feats? Usopp being abducted by the franky family wouldn't count as one. Since they restrained his arms and legs.

Usopp is an excellent marksman, you just need to remember his feat from Enies lobby. Without him Robin wouldn't have been freed, he was the only one capable of doing that because of his crazy range, accuracy and marksman skills. That puts him to a whole another level than Lida. To Usopp, Lida's speed doesn't remotely come close to Enel and Luffy's speed.
I appreciate the explanation finally. Would using pre-Skypiea Usopp be a more appropriate matchup then (would restrict Usopp since he didn’t have dials nor the feats to dodge lighting)? I believe that’d be Alabasta Usopp.

Giving my opinion on the match, I don’t see how this is a stomp. I’m aware that Usopp has tanked some pretty powerful opponents, which is one of the main things that would give Usopp the win here, but what about offense? Yes, he’s got his different kinds of equipment at his disposal, but is Usopp’s actual speed fast enough to hit Iida with a dial and that hit actually one shot Iida? Reaction times are one thing, actual speed is another. I’m not denying Usopp can’t, I’m just not quite understanding how it’s a stomp for him.
Usopp Ap stomps. He claps in one attack, and can't be harmed by iida.

Usopp_setzt_Hissatsu_Ketchup_Boshi_ein.jpg

Let's don't sleep on Usopp's cowardly strategies. Considering that Lida is a righteous and sentimental person who has never killed anyone before (because he is a Hero and all). If Usopp would get hit by his weakest attack or pretending to get it, Usopp falls to the ground, then using Hissatsu Ketchup Boshi to fake his death (indistinguishable from real blood, the latter fooled even Luffy). Baiting Lida into thinking he killed him (Usopp used this strategy against the fishman dude too).

Once Lida took the bait or freaks out, Usopp gets up and throws oil at him. Since Lida was caught off-guard, he would have no way of dodging this surprise attack and Usopp's cheat-like accuracy and marksman skills, Lida gets covered in oil as a result.

Lida's slightly confused why he would cover him in oil, just for Usopp shooting at him (with perfect accuracy) fire star. Oil + Fire is pretty much self explanatory, how will Lida extinguish the fire? Yeah, that's one of the many scenarios Usopp could win.

Stomp, literally no version of Usopp and Iida can fight, Usopp's weakest key is 8-A while Iida's stronger is High 8-C.

Unless Usopp gets downgraded or Iida gets upgraded, this isn't a fight that can happen at all since Usopp one hit kills and can't be hurt by Iida.

Also it isn't spelled Lida, it is Iida. Since the first letter of a name isn't capitalized it should be obvious that isn't a L, but an i.

Stomp, literally no version of Usopp and Iida can fight, Usopp's weakest key is 8-A while Iida's stronger is High 8-C.

Unless Usopp gets downgraded or Iida gets upgraded, this isn't a fight that can happen at all since Usopp one hit kills and can't be hurt by Iida.

Also it isn't spelled Lida, it is Iida. Since the first letter of a name isn't capitalized it should be obvious that isn't a L, but an i.
don't tell anyone I though it was lida not Iida for years until s4 or something.

Since pretty much everyone agrees this is a stomp (I didn’t initially) I think I’ll just not pursue this matchup anymore. My apologies for thinking this matchup was a good idea, I genuinely thought it would be an interesting matchup. I’ll do more research for the next matchup to make sure it’s not a stomp for either side (or attempt to at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back