• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Straw Hats Vs. Class 1-A Members Match 1: Love Cook Vs. Half and Half

Since the first attempt at this didn’t go well, I’m going for a matchup that should be more fair. Please do give me suggestions if any versions of these characters need to be changed to make the matchup not a stomp, as I am a new member and still am learning about this community.

Rules:

Battles take place at UA Sports Festival Stadium.

Both fighters start at opposite ends of the fighting area in the stadium.

To win, one fighter must either Knock out the other (make them pass out) or get them out of bounds of the stadium area (like in the UA Sports Festival Arc).

All gear that the characters use may be used here (both the straw hats and Class 1-A members). This includes the hero suits.

The first matchup will be Thriller Bark Arc Sanji Vs. Liberation War Arc Todoroki.

Rules above apply here, speed equalized, and both are in character and have no knowledge of each other’s abilities/fighting styles.

Sanji: 7

Todoroki: 1

Inconclusive: 1

Last edited:
A word of advice for the future. Since i presume you are new here; below the respective character profiles they have Keys that also makes a lot of easier to check if the fight is fair (Tiering system after all) or not (you will see it below notable abilities).

Keys are essentially versions of a character like transformations, Arcs/Episodes and the beginning of their show/series/comic. The first key is always the weakest key, the last key is always the strongest.

For example, you want to use beginning of the east blue Sanji, his Speed, durability, Attack potency, Range and weakness are covered in the 1st slash, after the 1st slash comes his second Key.

x7tFerM.png

(This picture is just an example)

In this match's case, you are most likely referring to Thriller Bark Sanji or Enies lobby Sanji without DJ?
Yeah, I am. Wasn’t sure if it would be a major factor but DJ seemed to increase his speed? I didn’t want a speed blitz that would make this match a stomp.

Yeah, I am. Wasn’t sure if it would be a major factor but DJ seemed to increase his speed? I didn’t want a speed blitz that would make this match a stomp.
You can equalize speed. Sanji's speed will be forced to Todoroki's level of speed. Since he's faster than him.

So basically Thriller bark Sanji vs Paranormal Liberation War Arc Todoroki?
If that’s the latest version of Todoroki given (which I believe it is), then yes. It wasn’t the only reason I restrict DJ, but I guess I can unrestrict DJ. If responses lean towards Sanji and DJ ends up being a important factor of winning I’ll restrict it again.

If that’s the latest version of Todoroki given (which I believe it is), then yes. It wasn’t the only reason I restrict DJ, but I guess I can unrestricted DJ. If responses lean towards Sanji and DJ ends up being a important factor of winning I’ll restrict it again.
Todoroki is "7-C with Half-Cold and Half-Hot, 7-B with Flashfreeze and Flashfire Fist", while Sanji is Low 7-B with Diable Jambe. I don't think restricting DJ is necessary.

Todoroki is "7-C with Half-Cold and Half-Hot, 7-B with Flashfreeze and Flashfire Fist", while Sanji is Low 7-B with Diable Jambe. I don't think restricting DJ is necessary.
I’ve removed the restriction and changed the wording of the version of the characters, so it’s Thriller Bark Sanji Vs. Liberation War Arc Todoroki.

Todoroki starts with it and it's city+ while sanji is only small city level and doesn't resist ice.
Just a question though, how hot is sanji's fire?
I'll respond to the rest of your question tomorrow. But allow me to clear up one misconception here, Todoroki himself isn't city+, he's only city+ with a specific abiliy/technique, while Sanji is small city level with DB (permanently).

I'll respond to the rest of your question tomorrow. But allow me to clear up one misconception here, Todoroki himself isn't city+, he's only city+ with a specific abiliy/technique, while Sanji is small city level with DB (permanently).
I know, I'm still refering to his ice move beimg city+ and one shotting. He start with it too.

I know, I'm still refering to his ice move beimg city+ and one shotting. He start with it too.
I think it depends on what ice move he were to start with. For example I’m seeing heaven piercing ice wall is small city level+, pretty much sanji’s level essentially.

Yeah he doesn't start with his flash abilities. He usually starts with a huge ass ice wall or spikes. Assuming Sanji doesn't just.. get encased with ice, and instead dodges, Sanji will definitely try to close the range gap because Todoroki has the advantage in range. In all honesty, I don't see Todoroki keeping Sanji away the whole fight. Todoroki only uses his flash attacks iirc, if he's flustered or in major danger, which is something I doubt he'd recognize just from fighting Sanji. And it's not like he'll take some of Sanji's hits and survive. If Sanji manages to get a hit in, then that's ggs. I'll vote for Sanji

Alright to give it an in-depth analysis.

1) Todoroki in-character always leads with Heaven-Piercing Ice-wall -- massive ice ridge coming from his feet, an ability that has been dodged countless times by various characters. Especially if you are agile or more skilled than Todoroki like Stain. Since that will be Todoroki's starter move and Sanji sees Ice coming while carefully rushing towards Todoroki, he will of course leaps into the air (because Sanji's jumping Good is even far better than Zoro and Sanji due to his footwork).

1.1)Still not seeing how Todoroki one shots Sanji when he doesn't even start with any of his flash abilities and only in mid-battle, furthermore what's stopping Sanji from dodging or avoiding it? The size? It's nothing compared to Oars and the giant explosion from Satori's dragon which he dodged (even if speed is equalized he's easily capable of doing that).

2) Todoroki is a range fighter, while Sanji is a close-range fighter, who has vastly better experience than Todoroki', is more intelligent (battle and outside, he outwitted Crocodile twice simultaneously making fun of the entire Baroque works), more skilled than him (due to the nature of black leg style it's a combination of Capoeira, Teakwondo and all other material arts that resolves around kicking, in addition he is almost relative to Zoro and Luffy as well as utterly stomping three CP9 Agents).

2.1) Once Sanji closes the distance between him and Todoroki, a single sequence of his black leg would be enough to blind Todoroki or cause a lot of damage to his face (This is because Sanji's fighting style is focused around on hitting fragile parts of the human body, as such as his eyes, throat, chin, throat, teeth, Sanji is so skilled at hitting the vital points of the human face that he literally alters the bone and biological structure of the target's face with kicks) Ah yes I almost forgot Todoroki's durability is glass canon, he's only City+ against fire and ice, one of Sanji's leg isn't coated with DJ that means one kick should one shoot him.

Last edited:
Ah yes I almost forgot Todoroki's durability is glass canon, he's only City+ against fire and ice, one of Sanji's leg isn't coated with DJ that means one kick should one shoot him.
Removed most of the message for clutter purposes, but does this mean you vote for Sanji?

As I said, it's an in-depth analysis, it's up to you if you want to read through everything. Also yes, voting for Sanji for better Experience, Intelligence, Skills and ya know the rest.
I read through the message, I just removed it when I replied since there’s not much reason to have your entire message in there just to respond to you.

Alright to give it an in-depth analysis.

1) Todoroki in-character always leads with Heaven-Piercing Ice-wall -- massive ice ridge coming from his feet, an ability that has been dodged countless times by various characters. Especially if you are agile or more skilled than Todoroki like Stain. Since that will be Todoroki's starter move and Sanji sees Ice coming while carefully rushing towards Todoroki, he will of course leaps into the air (because Sanji's jumping Good is even far better than Zoro and Sanji due to his footwork).

1.1)Still not seeing how Todoroki one shots Sanji when he doesn't even start with any of his flash abilities and only in mid-battle, furthermore what's stopping Sanji from dodging or avoiding it? The size? It's nothing compared to Oars and the giant explosion from Satori's dragon which he dodged (even if speed is equalized he's easily capable of doing that).

2) Todoroki is a range fighter, while Sanji is a close-range fighter, who has vastly better experience than Todoroki', is more intelligent (battle and outside, he outwitted Crocodile twice simultaneously making fun of the entire Baroque works), more skilled than him (due to the nature of black leg style it's a combination of Capoeira, Teakwondo and all other material arts that resolves around kicking, in addition he is almost relative to Zoro and Luffy as well as utterly stomping three CP9 Agents).

2.1) Once Sanji closes the distance between him and Todoroki, a single sequence of his black leg would be enough to blind Todoroki or cause a lot of damage to his face (This is because Sanji's fighting style is focused around on hitting fragile parts of the human body, as such as his eyes, throat, chin, throat, teeth, Sanji is so skilled at hitting the vital points of the human face that he literally alters the bone and biological structure of the target's face with kicks) Ah yes I almost forgot Todoroki's durability is glass canon, he's only City+ against fire and ice, one of Sanji's leg isn't coated with DJ that means one kick should one shoot him.
Todoroki FRA
Are you blindly FRA training without reading the arguments?

Well, I was expecting someone to refute my initial argument why Sanji wins. But If I had to sump up their advantages (at least, how I look at it) it would go like this:

Todoroki
  • Two Flash abilities that can one shot Sanji.
  • Range advantage - starts with insert ability already mentioned above.
  • Range Game, since Todoroki is a range fighter, he'll naturally try the range game.
Sanji
  • Literally all of his abilities that can one shot Todoroki (since his durability is glass cannon)
  • Has extremely high agility and maneuverability
  • is smarter than Todoroki (Sanji is gifted, while Todoroki is above average)
  • Sanji is highly skilled (his material art and everything was already covered in my first paragraph)
  • Has experience fighting enemies with wide range advantage, can easily jump on or over huge objects as seen in Davy back arc.
  • Won't let Todoroki do the range game and force him to engage him in close combat, due to Sanji's superior experience, intelligence and skills it's a Game over.
Before anyone use the argument that Todoroki could bait or trick Sanji, unfortunately, Sanji holds the intelligence and skills advantage here, furthermore he's no stranger to such tricks since he has been fighting despicable pirates on a daily basis who always resort to dirty methods.

Back