• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Stop copying me!!" (Metal Sonic vs Awakened Garou)

Status
Not open for further replies.

both are 5-A, neo metal sonic is used and speed is equal

metal:

garou:

inconclusive:

Last edited:
Garou seems to sweep. He can evolve, has better power copying, and can just use time stop the moment Metal Sonic wears off to kill him.

Does Metal Sonic have an answer to BFR?
Chaos Control. Metal can teleport between dimensions.

Garou seems to sweep. He can evolve, has better power copying, and can just use time stop the moment Metal Sonic wears off to kill him.

That’s a lot of abilities, I can’t read and I have no attention span
So what’s the answer against garou adapts gg?
Guys this isn’t another “Garou evolves and APstomps gg”. Metal has Mid-High Regen.

I don't think any of Garou's "cosmic" moves would really affect him that much, most of them spawn from himself and he has answers to his own BFR.

Problem here is he has time stop wich Garou has 0 answers to and mid-high regen + limitless stamina, wich once again he has zero answers to even assuming RASRF can turn him into dust. (unless it's superslow to the point of taking more than 24 hours, wich i doubt), can return from BFR and radiation would at worst melt him into plasma, wich mid-high supposedly covers.
His only advantage here is skill and potentially RE if Metal Sonic can't copy it, but as far as i've seen he's winconless.

Chaos Control. Metal can teleport between dimensions.

Guys this isn’t another “Garou evolves and APstomps gg”. Metal has Mid-High Regen.
His nuclear fission fist could vaporize him with a high enough ap.
Garou can’t copy time stop unfortunately
Yes he can. Blast says he can manipulate the reality of the cosmos (link) Cosmos is pretty much a synonym for the universe. Time is a fundamental part of our universe. Also, he is able to copy portals, which constitutes a manipulation of space, and also able to copy the Gravity Knuckle, which is gravity manipulation. According to the general theory of relativity, space and time are connected. Any warp in space affects the flow of time. Things with mass warp the space around it, causing gravity and also altering the flow of time. And Garou has straight up shown knowledge of time manipulation. He couldn't go backwards but that doesn't mean he can't pause it.

Yeah. Metal eventually reached Low 2-C via his mimicry.
How does his copying work on a mechanical level? Does he just have to look at an attack to copy, can he copy the targets current power along with their techniques, does he need to get hit by it first, ect.

Edit: It seems like he only can copy people when given time to proccess their data, and he only got to Universe level+ by combining his data with an outside source.

Mentioned it in another thread but got no response, is Metal Sonic's regeneration even combat applicable? It says it's comparable to Chaos's regeneration but all of Chaos's showings of regeneration are off-screen and happen over an unknown period of time as far as I can see from his profile.

How does his copying work on a mechanical level? Does he just have to look at an attack to copy, can he copy the targets current power along with their techniques, does he need to get hit by it first, ect.
He scans the target, copies their data, and thereby acquires all their abilities. And yeah, he copies the target's power level and combines it with his own data.
Edit: It seems like he only can copy people when given time to proccess their data
Metal copying a target's data isn't a particularly lengthy process, he just scans them and voila.

The "outside force" was Chaos. He assimilated the power of a Low 2-C being.

Does he copy skill like copy robot or just powers? (not that it matters since idk how Garou even gets past that regen.)

Why can't Garou copy timestop?
Because Metal Sonic's timestop comes from Chaos Control, which comes from the Chaos Emeralds, which are mystical, ancient gems that have power that goes outside of the scope of what Garou can copy because Garou can only copy scientific/pseudo-scientific and natural phenomena(and some supernatural phenomena that exist strictly within his verse).

That clear it up?

Why can't Garou copy timestop?
Why would he be able to? It doesn't really fit in with any of the thing's he's stated to be able to copy or learn.
Because Metal Sonic's timestop comes from Chaos Control, which comes from the Chaos Emeralds, which are mystical, ancient gems that have power that goes outside of the scope of what Garou can copy because Garou can only copy scientific/pseudo-scientific and natural phenomena(and some supernatural phenomena that exist strictly within his verse).

That clear it up?
Also that.

so can metal sonic copy garou's AD or not
Logically, he should be able to.

I asked you a question as to why he would not be able to, since you seem to think the contrary, and I was interrupted by a random guy asking me why Garou couldn't copy timestop-

There's no evidence he can.

Edit: How was Metal Sonic defeated?
Accelerated Development is an ability and Metal Sonic copies all the abilities of those he scans. Why exactly would Accelerated Development be exempt from this process?

I edited my post with the reason. It's because Garou's AD is related to biological processes, which I would presume Metal Sonic doesn't have.

He's able to consistently copy space-time related phenomenon.
Normal Space-Time related phenomena. (And even then, none of this ever includes stopping time, because time doesn't naturally stop in the universe and he's only ever shown portal creation with this).

This Time Stop is enacted through the Chaos Emeralds and Chaos Control, things that use energy that Garou cannot replicate, so he wouldn't be able to copy Time Stop from Metal Sonic.

He's able to consistently copy space-time related phenomenon.
Except, he doesn't, he said he couldn't really get a hold of time travel, time travel that isn't actually time travel but is in reality, quantum scale body control that makes use of particles and pseudo-science to not manipulate time itself, but rather send the particles that comprise his physical being into the past. (As in he doesn't manipulate time itself when he does it).

Garou has never copied or pulled off legitimate time manip, nor was he said to be able to, and the closest thing he has to it he flat out says took him awhile.
He can consistently copy space hax, but not time hax.

This Time Stop is enacted through the Chaos Emeralds and Chaos Control, things that use energy that Garou cannot replicate, so he wouldn't be able to copy Time Stop from Metal Sonic.
Why can't he replicate that type of energy?
Normal Space-Time related phenomena. (And even then, none of this ever includes stopping time, because time doesn't naturally stop in the universe and he's only ever shown portal creation with this).
I mean he didn't have any space time abilities until he saw someone use them. That's how the whole thing works.

Edit: I'm not going to respond for the rest of the night. Don't think I'm ghosting anyone, I'm just sleeping.

Because he is limited in what he can copy;

It has to be within the universe's natural limits, aka, it cannot be supernatural(unless it's similar enough to other things shown in OPM or is subject to verse equalization), which the Chaos Emeralds are not because they aren't similar to nor can they be equalized with anything in OPM.

And he has to be shown to be capable of copying it. He barely was able to perform pseudo-time travel through matter manipulation, him suddenly doing so with a much more advanced form of Time Manipulation is absurd with these limits.

I mean he didn't have any space time abilities until he saw someone use them. That's how the whole thing works.
Yes but Blast's space manip is derived from pseudo-science bullshit energy flows, Garou himself even points it out when he sees it and specifies the exact energy type (because he knows of all energies in his universe and how to manipulate them, which is where his hax mimicry comes from). Chaos energy isn't a natural universal wacky sci-fi or realistic energy that exists for him to copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back