• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the change for sans gets refused, this'll get added.

If not, it should simply be remade. (Assuming it would be fair for both sides)

Fair enough, but I'm still going with my argument that Sans ignoring Steven's dura shouldn't affect his shield and bubble's dura.

Not, if anything to say about it, I HAVE! (lol Star Wars jokes.) Anyway even if Sans's attacks become intangible A.) He'd still have to hit Steven ALOT with them since they do so little damage. B.) Like I said earlier, one of Sans's most effective ways of dealing damage is via his karma, but this most likely wouldn't work on Steven seeing as he's probably the nicest cartoon character I've ever seen.

What? Steven has no resistance to soul manip. Someone who's soul was actually durable died in seconds at most.

KARMA is just poison, nothing to do with actual karma, that's all fanon.

Except for you know how during the fight that's exactly what it implies as it says You felt your sins crawling on your back. (0-10 KARMA damage) You felt your sins weighing on your neck. (10-20 KARMA damage) KARMA coursing through your veins. (20-30 KARMA damage) Doomed to death of KARMA! (30-40 KARMA damage, according to wiki, but no longer used in-game because of programming errors)

Again, make a crt. Please don't make me reapeat it over and over. It was argued and it was decided, it ia not actual karma.

KARMA used to be based on sins, but then we relised that this was never mentioned in the actual game, so now we see KARMA as simply being poison that affects the target's soul.

Welp, it was accepted, sans' attacks are now somewhat intangible. (somewhat as they still physically hit you, but pass through you regardless)

Mind elaborating? I'm not asking out of disbelief or anything; I'd just like a legitimate reason for why this is a stomp before I go about closing it for that.

I do not think steven has a good way to hit sans with him being able to side step it or teleport if needed, he's go to tactic is useless and he will die before he has proper time to react due to lack of soul resistance and dura.

Albeit, I'm not the most knowledgable on him

TBH I'm fully willing to accept that Sans's attacks could ignore Steven's dura, but I can't accept that Sans would be able to hit Steven enough to kill him. Sans's attacks even when ignoring dura, are pretty weak on their own, and Steven has WAY faster Reaction speed, (Relativistic+), vs Sans's attack speed ( Massively Hypersonic+), I'm not saying it's a stomp for Steven, this is probably the hardest fight he'll ever have to do in his life, but I just don't think Sans could even hit Steven enough to kill him.

I think I'm inclined to agree with Cinnabar for the most part here. While this fight is pretty iffy due to how exactly soul manip. is going to work, I bargain that Steven is tanky, fast, and defensive enough to just wear down Sans until he's tired. Although, it's possible Sans realizes he'll get tired first, and seeing how Steven likely will stay in-character and dissolve the situation if Sans stops going full offense, I'm tempted to say it will end with an inconclusive. So inconclusive for me, as Steven can't hurt Sans, Sans will get tired before killing Steven, and Steven's a sweetheart in the end.

Speed is equalized; when we equalize speed in matches, we assume the two characters move at the same speed, to make the battle more fair, because finding two character with the same level of power and the same level of speed from two different verses is hard.

If speed wasn't equalized, Steven would just dodge everything and then blow Sans up with a punch.

Even with speed equalized, Sans can (as I am aware) still teleport and can likely use the abilities he does have to keep Steven at bay. Especially considering Steven is a relatively defensive fighter in-character, I'd argue that across all San's abilities, he'd be able to prevent Steven from hitting him.

Ah, I just noticed that. Yeah maybe we should close this then cause if Steven can't dodge most of San's attaks then he's gonna die. Or maybe we should make a new thread with speed unequalized since that gives Steven a chance of winning. That is pretty funny though, this match has been going on for so long that I don't even remember the stipulations.

True enough. But really, do we still have a vote tally going? Doesn't seem like OP has been keeping us updated.

Most of the votes relied on Steven's shield, but not Sans' attacks are intengible, so the bones can just go through the shields; basically, the vote count must be total a mess.

Hm. Well, with speed equalized and with none of Steven's defenses working here, upon further consideration, I'll give it to Sans.

This one's a mess.

I say we either change it to speed uneualized or just close the thread, cause Steven's gonna die with equal speed. Plus speed unequalized doesn't guarantee a win for Steven despite the gap, since Sans can use his Blue Atack to push Steven away. Though I'd still vote Steven for better stamina, San's biggest weakness.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Half of the votes rely on shields and bubble, both of which are useless due to intangible attacks.
This actually debunks some of his previous losses.

Time for another string of Sans rematches to see how much his now increased hax can hax out people.

I think this thread should be closed- likely a stomp with Speed Equalizied, and overall it's a mess. But that's just me.

Honestly, Steven has become a really boring character when it comes to matches, because 99% of his battles are just him sitting on his bubble, and if you get someone who can bypass the damn bubble, people call it a stomp because the bubble is apparently the only useful thing Steven has (even through he still has 6-B AP and ranged attacks with his shield, but we're so used to his bubble that we forget about those).

Yeah, stomp with equal speed, but it's more even with unequal speed. We just closing this then? Or are we gonna make a new one with unequal speed?

It's not really that simple though, cause Sans's constant Danmaku style attacks, and ability to toss Steven like a ragdoll, mean that it would be difficult for Steven to get in the position to hit Sans. I still think Steven would win, but I don't think it would be because of his speed, rather his stamina, which is much better than Sans's. But if speed stays unequal, then Steven would just get constantly hit until he dies, speed literally has to be unequal for Steven to have a chance at winning.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sure, now that Sans wins everyone goes "But it's a stomp now! Making Steve hundred of times faster than Sans would certainly make this fairer!"
Did...did you not read what I wrote? I literally just said I don't think Steven would win because of his speed becaue Sans has lots of counters to his speed. I'm saying that if speed is equal then it's a stomp for Sans, but speed being unequal makes it possible for Steven to win.

> Sans tries to use any of the counter you mentioned.

> Steven kills him hundreds of times before he gets the chance to use any of them, because he is just that much faster.

If by "making it possible for Steven to win" you mean "Making it so Steven stomps" sure.

Sans does not have any counters to Steven's speed. Blue Mode isn't enough given Steven's profile and he would likely have gotten of view way before Sans even uses it.

Saying that Sans is gonna catch Steven with blue mode or be able to ragdoll him before Steven hits him is like saying that a normal human is gonna catch a speeding bullet before it hits them.

You guys do know that Steven has literally no counter to the Blue mode right? So him seeing it wouldn't help him stop it. Also even with standard battle assumptions, Steven is more of a defensive fighter so he most likely wouldn't immediately go for a killing blow, giving Sans plenty of time to use his attacks and counters.

We're basically arguing that a MHS+ 8-C is gonna beat a Relativistic 6-C with minor hax like gravity manip and soul manip.

@Cinnabar Blue Mode prevents you from flying by default. It won't make Steven get ragdolled in every direction unless Sans will it to, which won't happen with this speed disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back