• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it was already explained that sans can ignore the durability of souless objects as well. Which is why I asked why can't he just ignore the bubbles dura and destroy it that way

Also...

Souls are not attached to the body in undertale, and can be moved away from it, as shown by muffin, mad mew mew (unless frisk litiraly rips themselfs apart) and asriel.

Good thing Steven learned how to use and control an astral projection of himself that can also use an aura as an attack recently

Is that actually his soul? And even then, doesn't that at least somewhat affect the fact that his bubble isn't as reliable?

So his astral form is his soul? Some people are saying that it is, and others are saying that it's a different thing, and I have no idea.

>The ability to separate one's spirit/soul from one's body. The user can exit their body and gain access to Astral Plane, where they can exist as a spirit. It allows the user to communicate and interact with spirits/souls.

From our own page for Astral Projection. We certianly seem to consider it as such, but it really depends on the verse. If SU has no other explanation, I'd just default to our own.

It was described as "a classic psychic ghost type situation", so I guess it is? I don't know, it sounds more like something liked to the mind rather than the soul.

Steven - 5 (GreyFang, Jasonsith, Apies, Paulo.junior, Weekly)
Sans -
Incon -

I think this is the vote count. I'm not sure about Jasonsith, cause they gave an FRA, then said they weren't voting.

@Weekly Are you voting Steven?

Also, not counting Apatheticskell because their reasoning is bad and immidiatly debunked.

There should honestly be a thread about it because ignoring durability =/= his attacks being intangible which some people think it means

Also technically if we treat it like in game where the souless thing simply has a health bar, Steven's shield would have exponentially more health than Frisk or Flowey

Also doesnt help that Steven can make another bubble instantly

WeeklyBattles said:
There should honestly be a thread about it because ignoring durability =/= his attacks being intangible which some people think it means
Also technically if we treat it like in game where the souless thing simply has a health bar, Steven's shield would have exponentially more health than Frisk or Flowey
Yeah, I remember this being a thing that was debated and talked about in the Sans vs Big Band thread.

lol why not count Apatheticskell's vote, my guy still hasn't even responded to everyone. Can't just ignore his vote cause he forgot speed was equalised.

That's not how it works, you can't just say sommething is debunked and move with life. his argument has to be clearly and completely shutdown which isn't the case here hence you're focused on the speed bit. I see no resposes to his hax point, neither do I for teleportation.

oh well, guess I'll have to wait for what he has to say

His argument was in fact completely shut down. Jasonsith, Ricsi, Apies, Wright, GreyFang, and Paulo all debunked it.

His argument for teleportation is that it's a form of speed which it is not.

Nah, not that invested in this one to begin with hence the FRA. I'm not gonna sit here and change his argument if we (Apatheticskell and I) don't see this going the same way. Just scrap my non-existent vote and keep it going boys.

How would sans beating flowey be due to game mecha ics when it doesn't even happen in-game? Plus, the only time it was debated you weekly was the one who disagreed, and failed to explain why it would not work when it canonically did on flowey.

And I'll ask again, has steven actually shown the abilities in the astral projection, is the astral projection actually his soul, and why can't sans move his soul away and proceed to kill in barely any time due to steven having a considerebly weaker soul than frisk?

Until those are explained, I am voting sans.

Because Sans doesnt instantly oneshot you with his durability negation, its chip damage that takes forever to work on a 7-C opponent let alone a High 6-A barrier. Hell even in Ruby vs Sans it was agreed that Sans would need to hit Ruby a lot in order to bring down her barrier with his attacks and her barrier is only 8-C+.

Yes, it is his soul and he has full control over it, as well as the ability to create an aura that makes people stop fighting.

How exactly does steven have a 'considerably weaker soul than Frisk'?

Wow, it's almost like I said that he would move stwven away from it.

Saying yes isn't actual proof.

Frisk has a 4D substance strenghtening it, which is the whole plot of undertale: "DT makes human souls so strong that a child can bend space and time to theit whims". The souls of 7-C monsters are absolute fodder to frisk even when they have barely enough DT to be 8-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back