• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to find the feats first to put them into a blog. Nobody seems willing to help me search for more than the one I found.
Hmm…. I might try to get somebody to come and help by asking them on their wall. If nobody is willing to help later than maybe you could put the feat in a blog and link it to this thread and the calculation evaluation thread to possibly make things go faster, if you can.

Hmm…. I might try to get somebody to come and help by asking them on their wall. If nobody is willing to help later than maybe you could put the feat in a blog and link it to this thread and the calculation evaluation thread to possibly make things go faster, if you can.
That would help yeah.

We need to find the feats first to put them into a blog. Nobody seems willing to help me search for more than the one I found.
To be fair it's really not easy to find these calc's at least not through normal search methods

As far as the calc goes I could only find this highball for the most part though I'm seeing people say it would more likely be dwarf star level consistently but I'm not able to find a calc for it.

@CinnabarManx421

Do you have any information about where those calculations are located, or should we ask some calc group members to start from scratch instead?

As far as the calc goes I could only find this highball for the most part though I'm seeing people say it would more likely be dwarf star level consistently but I'm not able to find a calc for it.
I found a calc for it up here
latest

latest

Well this is one of the calcs from Discord that I found but you can’t see the username on it damn.

@CinnabarManx421

Do you have any information about where those calculations are located, or should we ask some calc group members to start from scratch instead?
Unfortunately no most of the calcs I’ve seen were screenshots but now we have 2 seperate calcs to put in the blog at this point so maybe hold off on asking the calc group members in case we find the others.

Okay. That is probably fine to start with. Thank you for helping out.

It's actually stated at least twice in the show In "Log Date 7 15 2", Garnet mentioned that the Gem Homeworld is not located in the Milky Way Galaxy, where Earth resides, but in a separate galaxy still visible from Earth. In Issue 12 (2017), Pearl reveals that Gem Homeworld is located in the other galaxy still on this case visible from Earth.
That doesn’t answer the question though, we already know Homeworld is in another galaxy, I’m asking where the calc is getting the idea that Homeworld is actually 2 galaxies away from Earth and not the 1 galaxy away that would normally be assumed.

That doesn’t answer the question though, we already know Homeworld is in another galaxy, I’m asking where the calc is getting the idea that Homeworld is actually 2 galaxies away from Earth and not the 1 galaxy away that would normally be assumed.
I believe that might just be an error made in the calc because the reasoning given(Quoted below) for only mentions one galaxy

"Stevens pretty easily in the planet level area with these feats, at the highest end of his power he can scale to the Diamonds blast on Earth which if it came from Homeworld (which is located in a different galaxy then Earth) can reach Solar System level because of how massive the light is and the luminosity that would be required for it (24-192 KiloFOE to be exact). This is somewhat debatable but I personally think it’s fine to give Steven."

so however for the calc'd I'm assuming it was just an error made due to some unknown reason but I doesn't seem impossible to rectify it'll just take some work

I believe that might just be an error made in the calc because the reasoning given(Quoted below) for only mentions one galaxy

"Stevens pretty easily in the planet level area with these feats, at the highest end of his power he can scale to the Diamonds blast on Earth which if it came from Homeworld (which is located in a different galaxy then Earth) can reach Solar System level because of how massive the light is and the luminosity that would be required for it (24-192 KiloFOE to be exact). This is somewhat debatable but I personally think it’s fine to give Steven."

so however for the calc'd I'm assuming it was just an error made due to some unknown reason but I doesn't seem impossible to rectify it'll just take some work
I don’t think so because again, he just says different galaxy not only one galaxy, different galaxy still encompasses the idea of it being two galaxies away. Not to mention that would be a pretty huge mistake considering he leans hard in the two galaxy idea in the calc, using the distance of the Triangulum Galaxy instead of the Andromeda.

welp then it seems we're back at square one I'm not finding any other calc's while searching and since that's so egregiously wrong then it may just be best to have the calc group do calc's from scratch

welp then it seems we're back at square one I'm not finding any other calc's while searching and since that's so egregiously wrong then it may just be best to have the calc group do calc's from scratch
Can somebody provide all available matter of fact information about the feat please, to make things easier for calc group members?

Can somebody provide all available matter of fact information about the feat please, to make things easier for calc group members?
Then yeah the OP pretty much has it all as well as the justifications for why the feat should be calc'd the way the Cal_Howard said in his reply and the op does also provides a lower end. This is also a calc that would done for illumination over a large distance as the diamond homeworld is a galaxy away from Earth so the andromeda galaxy would likely be the best to use for the calc.
We accept that generating vast amounts of illumination over large distances as an AP feat due how much energy it would require, notable examples being Necrozma and that Mogo feat Weekly cited above.

Personally I think the Diamond blast was released from Homeworld so it should be calced that way.

There's a lot of issues with this feat that need to be addressed before any calcs are made or accepted in my opinion.

In the SU wiki, it is clearly stated that White Diamond left Homeworld to do this feat

This feat has been calc'd and it's on White Diamond's page already:
OBD calc is nowhere near Solar System level.

The person who made one of the calcs (possibly more calcs) reconsidered and indicated that this is only a city level-country level feat based on several factors:

Source: http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2021/05/steven-universe-vs-star-butterfly-q-and.html

Even when I watched the episode, I was pretty certain the blast came from the Moon base or somewhere just outside of orbit, not from Homeworld. OBD clearly thought the same.

There's also the fact that nobody, outside the gems, were affected by this blast. Rose's shield acted more as an umbrella and bubbling Pearl and Garnet would've been sufficient in protecting them from the blast, considering Bismuth was unaffected by the blast since Bismuth as bubbled. Lapis was in her mirror and she was saved from corruption. So the shield=being placed in a mirror/being bubbled

So I'm not sure if this applies to durability (or the shield's durability) either, considering the shield has been cracked by Jasper, Yellow Diamond, Spinel, and Bismuth.

I want SU to be strong, but Solar Sytem level? Dwarf Star? I don't think so. Not on a light that only affects Gems.

In the SU wiki, it is clearly stated that White Diamond left Homeworld to do this feat
Does the fandom have an episode or comic linked that shows where they got that from because everything that's been presented so far has come directly from both comics and the show and that's where the statement comes even from Blue Diamond no less that White hasn't left homeworld in Eons

There's a lot of issues with this feat that need to be addressed before any calcs are made or accepted in my opinion.

This feat has been calc'd and it's on White Diamond's page already:
OBD calc is nowhere near Solar System level.

The person who made one of the calcs (possibly more calcs) reconsidered and indicated that this is only a city level-country level feat based on several factors:

Source: http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2021/05/steven-universe-vs-star-butterfly-q-and.html

Even when I watched the episode, I was pretty certain the blast came from the Moon base or somewhere just outside of orbit, not from Homeworld. OBD clearly thought the same.

There's also the fact that nobody, outside the gems, were affected by this blast. Rose's shield acted more as an umbrella and bubbling Pearl and Garnet would've been sufficient in protecting them from the blast, considering Bismuth was unaffected by the blast since Bismuth as bubbled. Lapis was in her mirror and she was saved from corruption. So the shield=being placed in a mirror/being bubbled

So I'm not sure if this applies to durability (or the shield's durability) either, considering the shield has been cracked by Jasper, Yellow Diamond, Spinel, and Bismuth.

I want SU to be strong, but Solar Sytem level? Dwarf Star? I don't think so. Not on a light that only affects Gems.

Yeah unless there’s an episode or comic that outright says that White left Homeworld to do it, we have to assume that the diamonds were on homeworld to do the feat. If the diamonds were any closer to earth, they would have noticed that earth wasn’t destroyed and would have blasted again. They would have had to have been on Homeworld when they performed the feat. The Fandom can mess up things all the time so you can’t base everything on what a certain website has said, you have to have canon evidence from the original source material. That being an episode where they state your claim or a comic by the creators. Plus did you read the thread at all? We already have proved that the blast was a damaging blast, not a transmutation energy blast.

Anyway, everything stated by the OP, Cal, and Dalesean is the essential information and facts the calc members are going to need to calc it. Do we still need to contact calc members to help with this calc or do we already have people working on the feat?

Two galaxies away might stem fron the idea that there would likely be a distance of a galaxy's length between two galaxies.

Though I'm not sure how accuratr that is.

i'm not even a steven universe fan but imma follow this for fun and also say that
You shalt only trust fandoms with links
For when they lack them
Anarchic abominations appear
cough cough trevor henderson inspiration wiki cough

Okay. Never mind then. Wouldn't it still only be a range feat though? Or is this not about the Diamonds corrupting other Gems?

People, it's very obvious that the attack didn't come from Homeworld. The Diamonds colonized planets throughout the galaxies. Why would they shoot a blast of presumed destructive light to the cosmos where trillions of planets (including their own run planets) are in the trajectory of Earth? What kind of sense does that make? Why would Yellow and Blue be @ Homeworld AND conducting a war? They were obviously at the moon base or at this place overseeing the war.

White Diamond clearly just warped to the moon base and joined the other diamonds to do this attack.
"the wiki statement is not enough"
Well, if me, whoever entered the wiki page, and many others, including the guy who originally made the Solar System calc said that this is no way a SS feat or anywhere close to that, I believe the burden of proof is on those who DO think the attack came from homeworld to provide concrete evidence that it did indeed come from HomeWorld. I don't see much of that. I believe it's too outlandish that it came from Homeworld.

"if they were close to Earth, they would have seen that they didn't the job"

The Diamonds didn't even wait for all their forces to leave the Earth. They were fed up and just wanted to get over it. Avenge Pink. Which is exactly what happened. They shot the blast and then moved on immediately.

I disagree this is a AP feat. Yellow Diamond clearly wasn't surprised that organic life is still around on Earth after the blast. So the light had no effect on people, animals, the environment, the planet, pretty much everything else except the gems. Even then, outside of Rose shield blocking the light to spare Garnet and Pearl, other gems were spared due to being bubbled or being inside a mirror. If the mods have agreed this can be applied to AP, so be it, but it should be noted that this attack only works on Gems. So it's pretty much ineffective against other verses/non-Gem characters

If the Diamonds are capable of such AP, why would they need the Cluster to bust planets? I suppose that this is a different topic, but it's still should be considered.

Okay so this is basically a repeat of what I said over on the Death Battle discussion thread.
Basically, rewatching the DB and how they used the high end Diamond Blast calc for Steven, it got me thinking as to why we don’t use that as as well.

The argument that exists for the Blast coming from Homeworld, thus making the amount of power needed larger, is Blue Diamond’s claim that White Diamond hadn’t left Homeworld in “Eons”. While Eons is not a very specific amount of time it usually means a really, really long time. This would imply that the Diamond Blast would’ve had to have come from Homeworld if White never leaves the place, since all 3 Diamonds were together to do it.

The counter argument that exists to this is that in the show, we get a few different angles of the Blast through flashbacks, and the farthest back we can actually see the Blast coming from is from beyond the Moon, so some people say the Diamond’s simply traveled to an unspecified distance behind the moon to fire the blast. Obviously this line of thinking contradicts Blue Diamond’s claim, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong. Therefore, I want to offer an alternative to adding the higher end Diamond Blast to the profiles without having to straight up change the ratings to make them way stronger than they are now.

The Higher end Diamond Blast should be calced and added to the relevant profiles that scale, with a “possibly” rating. This is because Blue Diamond’s claim must hold some weight to it, as a Diamond herself she would most likely know if White had left Homeworld for any reason. But obviously the counter argument still exists, but it is still entirely possible that Blue Diamond is right and the blast came from Homeworld, so it should have a Possibly rating for the profiles to reflect that. I also think it should be calced on here rather than using existing calculations that others off site have made, as it seems to fluctuate to anywhere from Small Planet level to Solar System level from what I’ve seen, so a more concrete calc on here should be made.

Also the Diamond’s Age should be updated to 20,000 years old as the Art Book confirms that long ago is when they first emerged.

3a9.jpg
On top of the fact that th Diamonds, specifically White Diamond, have shown th ability to us their light as direct damaging attacks

Plus the attack was shown to have parted clouds on a global scale
I believe transmutation of gems was just an effect of the blast. To point it out more, Diamonds expected that everyone is should've died on earth after their attack.

"How did you even survive? We blasted the planet and obliterated every Gem on it surface."

"No one should have survived our attack."

Nothing here has been disproved by anything burger has brought he's had a lack of evidence vs on abundant amount of evidence and justifications. Im not understanding the quick judgement by your part Ant when he's literally ignored tackling any of what's been pre established and debated against and agreed on through the entire thread.

Yeah unless there’s an episode or comic that outright says that White left Homeworld to do it, we have to assume that the diamonds were on homeworld to do the feat. If the diamonds were any closer to earth, they would have noticed that earth wasn’t destroyed and would have blasted again. They would have had to have been on Homeworld when they performed the feat. The Fandom can mess up things all the time so you can’t base everything on what a certain website has said, you have to have canon evidence from the original source material. That being an episode where they state your claim or a comic by the creators. Plus did you read the thread at all? We already have proved that the blast was a damaging blast, not a transmutation energy blast.
Burger has yet to explain away any of this

Honestly the fact that they knew to use this attack to try to wipe out the gems on earth but didnt know that without pink it would corrupt the gems makes me believe that they did this at some point in the past with Pink still with them and it just annihilated whatever they used it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back