• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn’t seem to be. Weekly if I remember used to do calcs but I don’t know if he still does or would be willing to.

Well we’ll probably have to put it in the calc requests thread then. Question is which of the videos that show the blast should we use? It appears in a few different episodes.

Well I made the request in the Calc Requests forum. Now we just gotta wait.

Also, I found this little interesting thing on the Steven Universe wiki in the trivia section about the Corrupting Light.

"It's possible that the light attack was actually the manifestation of an occurrence in theoretical astrophysics known as a kugelblitz, which is a concentration of heat, light or radiation (in this case being light) so great in intensity that it traps itself in its own event horizon, warping spacetime around it. This would be a possible explanation in and itself as to why Gems exposed to it became corrupted; since physical forms of Gems are made of light, they were likely warped by the physics-altering nature of the kugelblitz."

Not sure if it means anything on here just thought it was an interesting idea.

Bumping this doesn’t really help right now, we have to wait for the feat to be calced before we can do anything else.

Ok so I talked to Ogbunabali and he says calcing luminosity won't go anywhere. KE would be our safest bet. Other than that, the blast wouldn't be AP since it's a transmutation beam.

If i can find clips of them sure, the Diamonds on iirc three different occasions stated that it was meant to outright destroy all of the Gems on the planet hence their disgust when they found out that they werent destroyed, just corrupted, backed up by Peridot claiming that Homeworld's records indicated that all the Gems on Earth were destroyed

Also I’m pretty sure it was said somewhere that the Diamond’s shot the blast with the full intent to destroy all the Gems on Earth, them being corrupted was just a side effect.

Edit: Yeah it actually says it in the timeline in the OP. “All 3 remaining Diamond’s evacuate loyal gems from Earth + blast all remaining gems with a psychic attack that should have destroyed them.”
Yeah it says it in the timeline posted in the OP as well.

I don't get where someone got transmutation from. White has mind-control powers, Blue has sadness inducement, and Yellow disrupts the light-forms of gems.

And corrupted gems have animalistic intelligence, are volatile, and have distorted light forms.

I think the most likely case was that it was a psionic/empathic attack which also caused physical damage, as seen by the fact that Steven was able to partially heal corruption.

There is a simple reason why the diamonds might think that attack would destroy everything but that it didn't. Physical destruction was Pink's power.

Honestly the fact that they knew to use this attack to try to wipe out the gems on earth but didnt know that without pink it would corrupt the gems makes me believe that they did this at some point in the past with Pink still with them and it just annihilated whatever they used it on

While discussing Steven's high end APs, why is the Cluster, who the Diamond's downscale from, not planetary at base? Its planetary feat is that when it forms, it will destroy the earth. If it doesn't have that AP while partially formed, how is it going to fully form in the first place? I don't see why would we presume it forming would significantly increase its AP from multicontinentally to planetary, especially since it 'forming' is a bit of a misnomer. The cluster is large stack of gem shards stuck together, and as gems are just the gem part. Their bodies are just hard-light constructs that they seem to use for practically.

While discussing Steven's high end APs, why is the Cluster, who the Diamond's downscale from, not planetary at base? Its planetary feat is that when it forms, it will destroy the earth. If it doesn't have that AP while partially formed, how is it going to fully form in the first place? I don't see why would we presume it forming would significantly increase its AP from multicontinentally to planetary, especially since it 'forming' is a bit of a misnomer. The cluster is large stack of gem shards stuck together, and as gems are just the gem part. Their bodies are just hard-light constructs that they seem to use for practically.
Because when it is partially formed it’s only a single arm that is the size of the Diamond’s Warship’s. The reason why it becomes Planetary is that the fully formed Cluster, according to Peridot, is “Much much bigger than the Earth.” So the Cluster forming would destroy the Earth from the inside out automatically due to becoming larger than the planet while inside of it.

Alright I’m getting a bit impatient with waiting for a calc member to maybe take an interest in calcing this. New idea: why don’t we put the existing calcs in a blog and put them in the Calc Evaluations thread and let the calc group members decide which of them should be used?
Seems like a not bad idea.

Before making blog of it I think we might should know which calcs we would use and giving a link to the source of calcs would be useful.

That’s a good idea.

I know there’s a picture of some calcs that were done on Discord floating around somewhere, I’m not sure we can really link those but they should show the username of who did them.

The username would pretty much be respectable, yes.

now you guys may find something cause I'm gonna sleep since it's 2am on my time zone.

latest

latest

Well this is one of the calcs from Discord that I found but you can’t see the username on it damn.

What do you need to get calculated here?

What do you need to get calculated here?
Basically how much energy it would take for the blast to reach Earth from Homeworld. It’s been calced a couple of times off site but I wanted to have one of the calc members on here give a crack at it since the off site calcs tend to vary in their results.

You could just assemble all of the different versions of the calculation into a single blog, and ask our calc group members to evaluate which of them that seems most reliable, or if none of them are.

Yes, and if none of the calculations for the feat is accepted, the calc group members still get enough information to properly calculate the feat themselves instead.

Last edited:
You could just assemble all of the different versions of the calculation into a single blog, and ask our calc group members to evaluate which of them that seems most reliable, or if none of them are.
That’s what I said before, I just need some assistance tracking down the calculations. I already found one and I know there’s a couple of them out there.

Okay. Help from other members here with this would be appreciated then.

So the same what happened in the calculation with One Piece laser feat. Many different versions, 1 accepted result
Yes, and if none of the calculations for the feat is accepted, the calc group members still get enough information to properly calculate the feat themselves instead.
That’s what I said before, I just need some assistance tracking down the calculations. I already found one and I know there’s a couple of them out there.
Okay. Help from other members here with this would be appreciated then.
@Antoniofer @CinnabarManx421 @Dargoo_Faust @Amelia_Lonelyheart @EmperorRorepme @Legion350 @MarvelFanatic119 @Sans2345 @The_real_cal_howard @WeeklyBattles @Sir_Ovens @HyperNepsy @Starter_Pack @Js250476 @Goodyfresh @Nickobloke @Bernkastelll

Would any of you be willing to help out with this please?

I meant searching for the existing calculations for the feat and placing them in a blog in the wiki.
Basically how much energy it would take for the blast to reach Earth from Homeworld. It’s been calced a couple of times off site but I wanted to have one of the calc members on here give a crack at it since the off site calcs tend to vary in their results.

Have we started the blog for the Diamond Blast yet? If not than we need to get one started with any one willing to help. Otherwise it’s going to be a long while before we get this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back