• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yea, Gahkthun also states that Cracking can manipulate all laws

55b81a44c930d2dade0a83b6e7f7bcb0.png

It's interesting how even back in Inganock, math or info manip was already a thing with Gii using his to rewrite people's "codes" to treat them.

Seems like what GK did with Ultrathotep is like a bigger scale than what any previous examples of Cracking have done.

Gii rewriting one's code to heal: GK can do the code thing on a planetary+ scale

Messengers (Angels) can deal metaphysical damage: GK does that too, but even faster and probably way more hard hitting.

Granted ofc what Gii and GK do are different, the manipulation of "coding" is about the same.

And Tesla STILL took a while to get murked by that lol.

Pretty much, the difference between Gii and GK is scale, and potency, they both got math and info.

And yea Tesla is gonna have a boat load of resistances, dude is a tank.

Will pester some calc members to look at the GK calc tomorrow.

Have a long weekend coming up, will see if I can complete Sona-Nyl, still on chapter 2, how many chapters are there btw?

Will pester some calc members to look at the GK calc tomorrow.

Have a long weekend coming up, will see if I can complete Sona-Nyl, still on chapter 2, how many chapters are there btw?
Tier 5 GK comeback incoming owo

About 7 chapters. It's actually pretty short chapters wise for a game supposed to take as long as Gahkthun (According to VN Database website).

That's just the main story itself, ofc. It also matches the same number of Messengers too, which there are 7 of them in total.

Right, I should clarify some things with Sona Nyl.

It IS 7 chapters just by the present times, but there's also like multiple interludes or flashbacks of stuff that happened like 5 yrs prior (basically everything that led up to the 1st Crack Effect Experiment). So yeah if you got past the first chapter and seen the first interlude and all, you'll plenty more of those.

Also keep in mind of certain parts of text where you'll see some "purple dialogue". In the OG JP script, there's times where the characters who say certain things don't match what the text itself is saying (basically JP dub vs JP subs where what a character says vocally won't match what their "text" said).

Those are important not only in knowing what each character went through, but also the "truth" of what transpired during the 1st Crack Experiment in New York. Especially so when doing the minigames.

Last edited:
GK calc is accepted, now just have to get my crater calcs accepted, and there is 1 other feat i want to calc.

Also edited Tesla profile yesterday, which took hours...

Now only GK left.

It's the feat from chapter 9 of Tesla in Knight of Thunder destroying the Gate which was massive. Of course have to figure out how to calc it, and also it will only be relevant if we can't scale Knight of Thunder's normal stats to Typhon's cloud splitting feat.

Btw did that Supergenius CRT.

Going to limit the scope of my Gahkthun CRT.

Until i finish Sona-Nyl, don't want to touch on the full scope of Cracking, since i haven't seen all the information, plus this way is easier to manage.

I think a Cracking CRT in general, should come once a Cracking ability page is going to be made.

So just going to do a shorter CRT? Going over info type 2, law manipulation etc. All the stuff shown in Gahkthun.

I'd probably wait until finishing at least the main story of Sona Nyl, if not also going through the Extra Scenarios of Refrain (WN + Hypnos Evil Eye) and the Engine Dictionary story Dream Wandering, yeah.

They really go on quite a bit about Cracking here and there, and also this whole "Cracking Being" thing that gets brought up here and there too.

I realize why does M not have type 2 aspect of non-existent physiology even though he is a conceptual being but also a non-existent being? Why don't Meta=Critters have NEP despite the fact that they are just illusions that are not real?

He is a concept of something, which doesn't exist, idk how that works.... He doesn't exist, but he also exists as the concept of nothingness :confused:

As for Meta=Critters, literally every supernatural phenomena in this verse is called an illusion, even Tesla is called an illusion.

Meta=Critters shouldn't exist outside a fairy tale, but they do, i don't really think it's being meant in a literal sense like with Grimm=Grimm, we don't really get anything like them having no form or substance from my memory.

Well, M's also stated to be a "highly conceptual entity" that's of Jet Black, which is stated to be one of the nodes or elements that make up the Steampunk Series Universe. Said "Jet Black", which comprises of the dark matter that exists pretty much all of space, is stated to be beyond time, space, and causality so...yeah.

Ultimately, seems like kikai are still gonna be the strongest and most haxed.
Already think this might not be the case.

The second angel destroyed the entire Bronx, and vaporized 3 million people, just the latter is Town level, the former i would have to figure out, but yea it's basically 18 kilotons + whatever pulverizing Bronx comes to....

Edit: I think the former is around the Small City level range, so yea, 2nd Angel is probably pushing Small City level+.

Already think this might not be the case.

The second angel destroyed the entire Bronx, and vaporized 3 million people, just the latter is Town level, the former i would have to figure out, but yea it's basically 18 kilotons + whatever pulverizing Bronx comes to....

Edit: I think the former is around the Small City level range, so yea, 2nd Angel is probably pushing Small City level+.
You should remember there's like 7 of these Messengers that appeared on the day of the Cracking Effect, and ****** everyone throughout New York

The 1st was "pressure" and crushed them with spatial hax or whatever throughout Verranzo.

The 2nd was "flames" you going through right now, and burned up the Bronx and people there.

You got 5 more to go that also showcase what their powers do in murking everyone up owo.

I just realized a couple of things looking back at the final chapters.

Firstly Edison erased Lily who was a cracking being but thx to cracking and the poem she was able to come back (so we have at least mid-godly using cracking could be high-godly given the nature of her existence as just someone's emotion) and interact Edison who is just the void so...
20240220022620_1.jpg

Also Edison does look at everything as a game even stating that only gods (i.e. him) can play chess while people like Lily and Elysia cannot as they are not gods like him. Maybe higher D thing? Idk.

As still spoiler-ish as it is, the things @TISSG7Redgrave show will surely bring the CRT's up again about Cracking and Cracking Beings xD

Also, that Honkai: Star Rail thing with Clockie...gdi, the Tick Tock wording now gets me because of Edison xD

Edison is one cruel bastard.

Still not that far in, but when you think about it, we got Elysia going through the ruins of New York, finding things people who are "dead" left behind, all by herself in a city of rubble, who nobody else but her cares for after 5 years.

And then you got the Underground, which looks like purgatory, except there is no salvation at the end, would have been better if they just died arguably, instead they lose their humanity unable to do anything as it's an inevitable law, not even commit seppuku....

I do also see the "never giving up" theme coming through just like all the other series so far, but yea, the suffering here is crazy.

Good news the crater calcs are good to go, bad news, the Tesla gate feat was a disappointing result.

So the upgrades are surprisingly gonna be based on Walther, who has a lowballed High 8-C+ feat.

That is where the fun of it all is: The man who very well shaped the Steampunk Series as it is:

Thomas Edison, aka the Tick Tock Man. Aka, the "Moon King" Nyarlathotep.

And OOF on the Tesla calc but NOICE on the others.

Not sure if void manipulation or NEP type 2, but from what i just saw Edison is basically the void, that defines what voids are....

Also apparently he is both evil/unholy, and holy? Maybe some duality stuff there idk.

@Celestial_Pegasus Kinda sounds similar to what the Cyber Zombies apparently "think" of from their Lord n Karashrer.

The Cyber Zombie's armor made them impervious to all attacks. The only thing that could pierce through a Cyber Zombie was a non-physical action. That is to say, a power that could distort all matter and phenomenon, and yet there was none who could do it. If there was someone who could, it would perhaps have to be God, for example.

But there was no God in this world.

At least, there was no God on the planet who answered prayers of salvation.

That was why the Cyber Zombies attacked the survivors for a short while.

That same was said for the Cyber Zombie Ares.

Mass equals velocity squared. Even with the huge ruinous mass, the top half of the high-rise building that was cut diagonally by the Shaikorth's beaming that came with the kinetic energy with its fall, it was impossible for its machine body to be shattered. Other than the scaffolding being shakened and staggered, there was no concrete damage.

That was the blessing.

Far away at the reaches of darkness, they were protected by Something that was smiling by the Throne in the center of the ultimate abyss.

The World has ended, and only the Cyber Zombies were there.

Easily cutting through the hard rubble like melting butter with a hot knife, Ares mutated its neck so that it was long enough to stick its head out. They had received the blessing. They were protected. In that case, they had to live up to their expectations. They can only obey the command of their Lord.

Even if there was no God on the planet. Even if the Something Ares believed in had longed stopped paying attention to the planet and abandoned the world.

That and maybe related to Tick Tock Man (Edison) having the Oblivion Golden Eye/AZTT (Azathoth). Something.

In terms of hax, Messengers seem pretty similar to Critters, i was initially thinking the whole aspect of Critter's being unbeatable/indestructible due to being blessed by Grimm's law and fate being a bit much, but now it's pretty clear Messengers have that too.

They aren't just the law of the Underground, but it's preordained/fated that nobody can resist, or flee from them.

Also i like the whole voice of panic stuff each Cracking Being shows in every series, Messengers have it too, makes sense they all have similar powers, if they all come from the same/similar things ie Cracking.

Messengers/Angels got it, Critters got it, Kikai have it. Even Meta=Critters, at least the Sharnoth one (DK about the one from Novel Anthology) got it too.

That Fear and Mind hax they all got ain't no joke owo.

Welp, gotta wait on Sona Nyl CRT before anything can be done.

That said.

@Celestial_Pegasus Yeah the stuff I posted and what Redgrave posted on here some weeks or so back, that's the stuff Lily and co. (A and Underground NY) are dealing with. Angels, Cracking Beings who are embodiments of that world's law and use abilities unique to each that affect things in a very estoric manner.

That's the stuff A deals with and defends Lily from, either from his shadows or through his Critters.

@TISSG7Redgrave Yeah, Tesla only has I.P Type 1 cuz of just being made of lightning. He doesn't have A.E, or I think he did at one point but probably wasn't there for long for me to remember. While it's true that the Thunderbird is an Old One, since it matches the descriptions often said of them in side mats, Tesla probably doesn't fully qualify for it due to his unique stance in reality.

Then again, M actually had mentioned about some Old Ones who still persist only due to merging themselves with the nature of the world or whatever, and Sakurai herself had talked about this too on her Twitter a long time ago (which have been achieved, thankfully) when talking about Old Ones. And Shintai, at least to Ulthar story concept mats, were an attempt to house Old Ones/Old Gods from fading away completely.

I think Tesla is kinda like this but only having obtained the Thunderbird's power over all of lightning and electricity-related stuff. And the fading away into complete illusion stuff thing, with the only thing to hold him down into reality is someone that deeply makes the effort to remember him? Like the Smilja's.

Ruth B, more like Ruth D :cool:

That joke might have landed in another series, but it's just pain here, not even a harem of cat girls, makes the pain any lighter.

Still on chapter 4, don't think i will get through this for a while, as there is the Refrain content too.

Will try and get the Gahkthun ap thread out on weekend though.

The cat harem lol

Just when Sakurai wasn't any weird before, they give someone whose pretty much a kid a harem full of cat girls lol. I'm starting to think that Sakurai has had a thing for cats in this series. One of the main characters looks like a catgirl in Celenaria from CG and char art images. There are cat people in Inganock like Ati cuz of the Psall/Pucelle fantasy race disease thing. Mary was called kitten a lot by M (not that she is one, but name calling would count I guess). DK about Valusia, but Sona Nyl definitely lol and there's even in Gahkthun where Izumi is actually also a Pucelle/Psall (tho this one isn't outright said until Shining Knight, but it's also seen too in one of the monthly mags for Gahkthun afor what I found).

@Celestial_Pegasus

Chapter 4, huh? That means you finished Chp 3 with the Wind Angel and got through Lily's first usage of the Rose Witch form.

Chp 4 is where you meet another of the Angels and another of A's Critters.

You probably should have also met one of Edison's side chicks by now in Chp 2. Those are a real piece of work, those side h**s.

Holy hell :oops:

I made the comment about Ruth cause the suffering was plain to see, with the hints of him being broken, but this is much worse than i thought, just reached Elysia finding his body....

Right now i am thinking Underground residents have immortality types 3, 7, and possibly 5.

But anyway, "Pointless, utterly pointless, all things are devoid of meaning".

We have to make that Edison's quote on his eventual profile

Haunting words, this world is all kinds of messed up

Well that's edison. I find it wack as even trying to unlive doesn't work even if u wish for it. Either the angel dies or u become metal.

Back