• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode III The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasn't bad. It could have been done better, but it was good. And the whole Dooku vs Obi-Wan & Anakin thing did well to establish Dooku as a powerhouse who was not to be taken lightly.
IMO it suffers from the same thing the Iron First series did, rapid cuts to imply impact and then a few beating the stick moves, I also feel no tension or emotional involvment in that scene, Anakin and Dooku's duel is entirely in the context "I need to stop bad guy" which is fairly bland compared to even Kenobi vs Dooku who atleast has some ties with the character being Jinn's Master aswell as their Conversation on Genosis, the same applies to Yoda. It feels like a contrived way of getting Anakin to lose his hand so George could have his Poetry.

also while it does set up Dooku as a powewrhouse that tension IMO is completely thrown out the windu when Yoda Woops Dooku, which makes sense In universe sure but it loses alot of gravitas in the context of the film.

Much like the fight between Windu and Palpatine, Count Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin is better in the novel. I think basically every fight in the series is like this, since the author goes in-depth on their fighting styles and abilities during the midst of battle and makes them more theatrical.

The entire fight starts on page 99 if anyone wants to read it. However, I did like how the film variation was in almost complete darkness, since it made every other side character irrelevant during the scene. Dooku also stands literally no chance against Yoda.

Soilder Blue someone with the name Idazmi is uploading Star Wars and Star Trek videos and not giving credit for the video footage. Edtting them in a very specific way. and saying things like star wars turbolasers are in the ton range they use laser cannons the Star Wars starships are going 1,500 times light speed. They lack fasterf then light sensors and communications. Shields can not stop things like asteroids. and moe things vastly inconsistent with the lore. Really sorry for the really long post thier. Please chek it out

I've been watching the Mandalorian. It's quite a good show so far, and I like the effects.

Something of note; the titular Mandalorian claims to have "disintegrated a few [Jawa]" in the past. Jawa, on average, are 30 kg, so that feat scales to half the value of this calc. This is assuming they're relatively humanoid or similar to rats, which are nearly 75% water in composition.

His significantly larger Amban disruptor rifle creates a small explosion and reduces people to gore, ionized sparks, ash and vapour, even if they're shot in the head.

Rifle (2)
Rifle (3)
Rifle (4)

In Star Wars #75 from a week ago, Darth Vader splits a stream of lava and uses it to attack Chewie from the bottom of a cliff.

Yeah. We still don't fully know how the whole vaporization and atomization shit works. There is obviously some ridiculous technobabble involved.

Yes. That is an impressive feat for Vader. Lava has density that varies from 2650 to 3100 kg/m^3. If someone could calculate the mass of magma that Vader was holding back and attacking chewie with, that'd be great for his telekinetic lifting strength. However, I doubt it would top the current 6000 tonne feat he scales from.

Speaking of that feat... I was actually amused to see Vader pulling a Moses but with lava. That was actually a really nice showing.

I know, but I thought it was sort of worth mentioning. This also a somewhat impressive durability feat for Chewie, as withstanding lava is around Wall level, although it was only on his back.

The latest Doctor Aphra issue has a second piece of evidence supporting Wall level Aphra. And the best part is that Han Solo scales.

Magna Tolvan can apparently break down solid steel doors. And Aphra took a hit from a bloodlusted Tolvan right to the head.

I've saved a draft of a profile for Cere Junda on my sandbox.

User:Soldier Blue/Sandbox

I haven't published it yet, as I am waiting for the Dark Temple comic series (where she is the main protagonist) to end. The final issue comes out next week.

@Soldier Blue The profile seems fine, though I would suggest placing the depowered stuff before the Knight and Padawan keys. It's a nitpick, but it seems neater that way, in my opinion.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Fallen Order broke the star wars Digital sales Record set by battlefront I and II
"Single player games dont sell well"~ EA
41dNgJXNA1L. SX425

ByAsura said:
@Soldier Blue The profile seems fine, though I would suggest placing the depowered stuff before the Knight and Padawan keys. It's a nitpick, but it seems neater that way, in my opinion.
I originally had it in-between the Padawan and Knight keys. I went with the current one because it made the most sense from a chronological view.

I finally got my hands on a physical copy of Dooku: Jedi Lost. It's a long book by Star Wars standards. I've listened to the audio-book already, but I want to actually read it all this time. I'm going to read Dooku: Jedi Lost after I'm done with Resistance Reborn (which is so far quite good).

One thing I find interesting about Dooku & Anakin: Both of them as Padawans in their mid-teens were more powerful than many Knights and approaching the level of Masters. And Teen Dooku was also quite overconfident and short-tempered (though still very kind).

Teen Dooku at one point almost killed Jedi Master Lene Kostana in a fit of rage. Sure, she was holding back at first, but when Dooku started going too far she had to put up a full defensive effort and Yoda stepped in to calm Dooku down.

We don't even know this movie is going to be shit. Can we stop judging movies before they come out instead of actually watching them? People on the internet genuinely try to claim this movie is terrible just because J.J Abrams said he wanted to make this a movie for everyone, even though very little information is actually 100% confirmed.

The Clone Wars was cancelled because it was to violet so let's kill han solo with a lightsabre thought the heart. in TFA. Witch was 4-6 in one movie. Star Wars Galaxys Edge is losing money. And they took Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Hammerhead class form legend TIE Defender Pregrills Interdictor Class form legends and more.

@BoomerKuwanger and @Resurgence Class 2915

Stop judging a movie a month before release based on rumours and misinformation from toxic fans. It's annoying as hell, immature, and just plain petty.

Also @Resurgence

Atom and Fandango have both reported that TROS pre-release ticket sales are on Avengers: Infinity War levels. I would trust them more than I would some toxic fanboy asshole who spews misinformation for the sake of a couple of extra bucks in ad revenue.

And, no, TCW was not cancelled because of "muh violence hur hur". Disney had to acquire the rights to the series and all of its content from Warner Brothers, whose studios originally animated the show.

And, no, Galaxy's Edge is not losing money. They had a million ******* visitors in five weeks. And that was despite people staying away due to heat waves in all the locations where Galaxy's Edge opened.

You know why George Lucas threw away his plans for the sequel trilogy? He flat out stated that toxic fans destroyed his spirit to make more Star Wars movies. Yes, those were his exact words.

And so ******* what if they took shit from Legends? They literally own that shit and can do whatever they want with it all. This complaint is about as silly as dissing DC for using pre-Crisis shit in post-Crisis continuity.

ByAsura said:
People on the internet genuinely try to claim this movie is terrible just because J.J Abrams said he wanted to make this a movie for everyone, even though very little information is actually 100% confirmed.
Yeah, toxic man-babies on the internet keep whining just because Star Wars is not growing up with them. It has, at its heart, always been for 12 year olds, and always will be.

My guess is that TROS will have a good critical consensus and also satisfy the vast majority i.e. 99% of fans. It's just that vocal 1% toxic minority who are going to make a fuss.

At most ten of thousands angry man-babies in a fandom that numbers in the millions to tens of millions.

I agree Blue and Asura, actually wait for the movie to come out before claiming that "It sucks" and the like.

What Blue is referring too is that in recent years, Disney and various actors in the more recent Star Wars movies are so frequently dealing with borderline harassment from the fans. And so much so that some of them are even struggling to live on due to the stress it puts on them. The personal attacks against the creators really needs to stop; these people don't deserve to suffer or worse just because some old school fans feel the more recent movies aren't up to their standards.

Calling people toxic fanboys assholes undermines other opinions and makes them the bad guys. And allows for the person to stay in their comfort zone. And reinforces thier beliefs at the expense of other people. It is petty stupid and not something that anyone regardless of what system you subscribe to should everyone. People judge movies before they come out based on whatever all the time.The internet makes the toxic whatever a lot more powerful than thier really all. All fandoms have that problem. Infinity made 2 Billion because it is a near perfact movie.

@Resurgence

Yes. Calling people toxic in this instance seems appropriate. There is a line between constructive criticism and being negativity & misinformation spreading douchebag.

And these are not projections, but actual pre-release ticket sales.

Fandango is owned by Comcast and Warner Brothers (AT&T). Are you spreading misinformation on purpose or just parroting something someone else said?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
What Blue is referring too is that in recent years, Disney and various actors in the more recent Star Wars movies are so frequently dealing with borderline harassment from the fans.
People have sent death threats on a daily basis to Kennedy, Johnson, Hidalgo, Tran, and others. At least two Star Wars actors have been pushed to the brink of committing suicide due to toxic fans. I know this shit happens in all fandoms, but with the sheer size of the Star Wars fandom... Receiving hundreds to thousands of death threats over a movie for 12 year old kids and being pushed to contemplating suicide is just insane.

@Resurgance Soldier Blue said directly that it's the vocal minority and not the majority. I completely agree, and believe that most of the youtubers and such genuinely do not like these movies for a good reason, as flawed as they may or may not be. The sequel trilogy, in my opinion, has many problems, such as becoming less and less watchable over time or how badly Snoke's character arc has been in these past two movies (excluding comics or books, of course). However, the people really harassing and sending death threats because of their personal biases should not be excused.

Edit: I was ninja'd to this point.

Soldier Blue said:
People have sent death threats on a daily basis to Kennedy, Johnson, Hidalgo, Tran, and others. At least two Star Wars actors have been pushed to the brink of committing suicide due to toxic fans.
This is the kind of shit that forced Jake Lloyd into a psychiatric hospital.

ByAsura said:
The sequel trilogy, in my opinion, has many problems, such as becoming less and less watchable over time or how badly Snoke's character arc has been in these past two movies (excluding comics or books, of course).
^ Now this is proper criticism.

I agree with changing the subject. I've also had a question for a while now: what do you think the huge fleet of Star Destroyers are? In my opinion, they're not something like superlasers, more an Onager or Mandator-style armoured gun boat desgined for orbital bombardment.

@Resurgance You're just voicing your opinion in a reasonable manner, so no.

I think we all need to calm down. I also got needlessly worked up.

And I'm deleting that comment about Anita S and Russia-gate. We absolutely do not need that kind of talk here.

Sorry man that I did that to you. Can i get a warning. Sorry I was trying to give an example I did not mean to offend anyone are you going to give me a warning. I you get it back so I a change to topic. I like it you you sawer Soilder it makes you look cooler.

ByAsura said:
I agree with changing the subject. I've also had a question for a while now: what do you think the huge fleet of Star Destroyers are?
In the Aftermath trilogy, Grand Admiral Rae Sloane investigates imperial naval archives on Coruscant. She finds that a large portion of the imperial fleet has just vanished somewhere. Even the forces the Imperil remnants gathered at Jakku and fled into the Unknown Regions (what would become the First Order) does not seemingly account for what is missing.

It is likely Palpatine had contingencies for his contingencies (as Star Was Explained noted). This ISD fleet in TROS could be the missing portion of the Imperial Navy that Rae Sloane couldn't track down.

And it looks like they received some upgrades.

Can we do the Imperium class it is my faroive ship with the tarken 2 and Annihilator class. Deathstar is really stupid. PLEASE Star Wars numbers are stupid . and are orders of magnitude off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back