• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode III The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal's extended fight with Malicos is just an instance of gameplay mechanics, just like his fight with KX-series droids and AT-STs. In a realistic battle, Cal would one-shot a KX-series droid and even an AT-ST (we've seen Kanan & Ezra do so).

And it doesn't change the fact that Malicos would have killed him in the end, and it took the combined efforts of Cal and another powerful Force user to take Malicos down. The fact that it took Cal & Merrin working together to take Malicos down indicates that Malicos is superior to both of them.

Yes. Malicos would have killed Cal. Merrin even notes this.

He was awarded the title of Jedi Knight. That's a really great moment and all, but Cal is well below going-all-out Cere. He was absolutely no match for Vader, whereas Cere actually managed to bring Vader down to his knees at one point and even block his lightsaber strikes with a Force barrier (the former when using the Dark Side and the latter when she returned to the Light).

Yes, Star Wars Explained has this theory that the Inquisitor names are a form of ranking system. The Second Sister does indeed seem above all of the rest of the Inquisitors. The fact that she can boss around the Ninth Sister indicates a hierarchy. I too think the Second Sister is around Kanan level. But you should also keep in mind that Cal was just barely a match for her by the end of the game (throughout which he was growing in power).

I don't deny that Cal is a skilled lightsaber duellist. But he's no master, and he overpowered the Ninth Sister after a good fight, and at the end of that fight he was surprised that he was able to overpower an Inquisitor.

The question of skill doesn't come into play when it comes to psychometry. It is something that the Force user has to be born with. This is noted with Quinlan Vos and even by Cal himself. Psychometry in Canon isn't a Force power that Jedi can learn. They have to be born with the power.

The ability to freeze shit in place - Force Stasis - isn't a rare power. It has been displayed by a lot of characters. However, I will say that Cal seems to have a preternatural talent with this ability.

The Gorgara certainly is impressive. It's another example of ridiculously powerful and dangerous fauna in Star Wars.

Where does 7-A come from? Did you mean to type out 7-C and hit 7-A by mistake?

From what I've seen, the graphics of this game are amazing, in my opinion. Comparable to Insomniac Spider-Man and better than the Battlefront games.

Finally figured out what that giant woman thing was about.

So, is there really a panel of the Kakran Grandmother in Star Wars 75? Sounds similar to the Living Stone Giants that Yoda encountered.

ByAsura said:
From what I've seen, the graphics of this game are amazing, in my opinion. Comparable to Insomniac Spider-Man and better than the Battlefront games.
Unreal Engine 4 > Frostbite Engine 3

Frostbite Engine 3 is actually capable of greater detail levels than Unreal Engine 4. However, the latter allows for better art style and natural looking movements (a lot of the CGI in The Mandalorian were rendered using Unreal Engine, for example). Unreal allows for a much bigger sandbox and more open world. Unreal also allows for better optimization (which means more sensible hardware requirements).

Okay, scratch that.

Literal moon-sized giant that a planet formed around while she was sleeping, capable of casually swatting a Star Destroyer and resisting all its armaments.

At High 6-A to 5-C, the Kakran Grandmother is right now the third most powerful being in Star Wars Canon.

The Father is first. The Son & The Daughter are tied for second place. The Kakran Grandmother is third.

Yeah I meant 7-C, also the game acknowledge the fact that Cal did out maneuvered and beat Second sister in the vault (there's a line about it in the Databanks) of Bogano since at that point they were pretty much equal they were matching each other blow for blow.

Cal decided to simply outsmart her since they where physically equal, in the same sequence Cal and Trilla dosent even look like they are straining themselves or looking like they are struggling they are shown to be pushing their lightsabers with equal forces especially when Trilla lost her footing because of the momentum Cal could have killed her there too.

Trilla could have killed him sooner yes during their previous encounter but she has the bad habit of playing games with her prey and said to be a sadistic person (databanks).

Same thing happens in the fortress he outmatched her But Cere wanted to make peace with her padawan so Cal had to hold back during the fight (avoid killing blows and maiming her, he tried to talk some sense into her during the fight but she was too busy trying to kill him), but he still defeated her.

Cal is considered equal to Trilla.

Would Low 7-C do possibly 7-C?

AshenCrow777 said:
Would Low 7-C do possibly 7-C?
Low 7-C is out of the question. That is for Padawan levels who are not far along in their training, and comes from Ashes of Jedha Luke tanking a Low 7-C laser cannon blast. Cal at the end of Fallen Order is fodder to Vader, but still at fully fledged Knight level, and well beyond Ashes of Jedha Luke. He should scale to Town level+ (higher end 7-C) at least.

Ah that's good then I wasn't sure if it was acceptable or not that's why I said low 7-C since Cal was technically a padawan throughout the game (despite showing insane skills and durability) what about speed he was shown to be able to use form 3 very well can deflect several blaster bolts from any rang even point blank and can redirect an entire clip of a clone wielding a machine gun too perfection with out missing a beat.

His parries requires him to do it at the very last second and he can deflect multiple bolts in one single stroke too.

(his that somewhat comparable too Obi-Wan's blaster bolt feat?)

Also he's is very Adept in Force speed just like trilla is and can use it well with his form 4 Ataru too pull off Yoda like techniques and fluidly transition into other forms that's great reaction time and awareness.

On a side note I found nice that respawn brought back some metals from legends and put them in Disney Canon. And I found it cool we can put Neuranium on our Saber it's insanely dense is said to be able to tank some lightsaber hits (don't know for how long tho) and it's insanely dense, so dense it can bend space around it that's how Palpatine was able to hide his light Saber in his office lol.

Also who is Giant lady?

Yeah. Cal should definitely scale to the Town level+ stuff. That he can fend off Inquisitors puts him around the level of Season 1 of Rebels Kanan Jarrus. But Cere Junda definitely scales to Large Town level for what she did against Vader.

As for Speed: Cal should scale to Subsonic movement speed with Force Speed ability. He should absolutely not be slower than Embo. He and the Second Sister have both showcased the ability to move at such speeds that they are a blur, and cover what looks like dozens of metres in the blink of an eye. They are without a doubt Subsonic in movement speed. Combat speeds and reflexes should be MHS. Cere should probable scale to MHS+ (scaling from Vader).

Neuranium was actually brought back into Canon back in 2015 itself in two reference books.

Giant lady is Kakran Grandmother. She is the matriarch of the Kakran rock people of the planet K43. She's the size of a moon and shattered the crust of planet K43 just by waking up from her slumber.

Shadowbokunohero said:
We might get a Doctor Aphra Disney+ Show :D, Im so excited.
I wouldn't put too much weight in rumours of a Doctor Aphra show until someone more credible (such as Making Star Wars and/or Star Wars News Net) start reporting on the supposed show.

Then again... Rumours of an Obi-Wan show turned out to be true. And What's on Disney Plus as well as The Disney Insider reported on the rumour (and I don't consider them unreliable sources).

Now, if this is true [and emphasis on the 'if' there] who would you want to see portray Aphra? And keep in mind that she's Asian-ish looking. Or perhaps half White & half Asian?

Élodie Yung perhaps? We know that she can do serious + comedy + action thanks to her role in The Hitman's Bodyguard (which is an underrated film) and as MCU Elektra. And let's face it: She looks perfect for the part.

An Obi-Wan tv show? Absolutely delectable.

I looked it up, and the show is set nearly a decade after Order 66.

I don't watch those kinds of news channels, I suppose. So they're not in my recommended.

I unironically think the Mace vs Palpatine Duel is one of the worst fights in the series, along Anakin vs Dooku from Episode II

@Soliderblue

I asked Making Star Wars and his 50/50 about it.

Conrad the guy who mention the Aphra show has a good track record with Marvel stuff and mentioned the WondaVision show but his star wars stuff is Hit or Miss

Hope it's true

i think the first one couldve been great if done right, but they sped the fight up, it seemed to me, and made it into a low end duel, when we know how high end both of them can fight (just look at sheev vs maul, or sheev, vs yoda). i didnt dislike the first annie vs dooku fight, just cuz it was supposed to be a fodder-vs-villain fight, that just shows how high end the new big bad is.

Shadowbokunohero said:
I unironically think the Mace vs Palpatine Duel is one of the worst fights in the series, along Anakin vs Dooku from Episode II
The Windu vs Palpatine duel could have been done way better. There are two major issues in that one which Nick Gillard should just not have overlooked.

However, I think the Anakin vs Dooku duel in AOTC wasn't bad. It could have been done better, but it was good. And the whole Dooku vs Obi-Wan & Anakin thing did well to establish Dooku as a powerhouse who was not to be taken lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back